Home

WIP: Mace Windu

Toonces

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoi, It's one of the facial animations. That doesnt happen durring a saber throw, I just think Arco did that because it looks cool :)

Anakin, what do you mean? Do you mean the bot file? The bot will use the purple saber, I've already writen a bot file

edit: as far as I can remember he never used his saber in episode I

In that wallpaper Arco made, Mace's Episode I lightsaber is displayed... not the one he used in Episode II. The episode II one had gold plating and was purple, whereas his ep1 lightsabre looked like a half of Darth Maul's lightsaber (slightly modified) and was supposedly blue.

My question was about which he was planning to model.

well that saber in the wallpaper is one made by a polycounter called Pior.... just my favoured saber. It was his own original design and he made it very low poly... like 100 polies max maybe. And yet it still looks great. Of course if we do make mace's saber it will be the ep2 one and it will become my new favourite... heehee

Arco:deathii:

I have already been over this keo... it is his evening wear! lol.

but seriously it is the mesh... it is off. Nothing I can do to fix it and me and toonces decided it wasn't worth redoing the mesh and uvmaps for something that doesn't really matter too much....

i mean I put the damn food canisters on him! lol.

Arco:deathii:

I think it looks fine the way it is... great job guys!

Why does the saber hilt need to be modeled?? There is already a good EpII Mace Windu saber hilt included in JediMod v1.2... seems kinda like wasted effort to duplicate the process again. Also sounds like one more thing to hold up the release. :p I say just ditch the saber hilt idea, or make it a seperate release.

By the way, Arco made two consecutive posts within the span of 5 minutes... here's your chance to shine, Anakin_S. (Nevermind the fact that the content is different. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D )

Originally posted by PalnGipanji

By the way, Arco made two consecutive posts within the span of 5 minutes... here's your chance to shine, Anakin_S. (Nevermind the fact that the content is different. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D )

Nice try, but Arco only appears to post twice. A post in-between his first and second was edited, meaning it's position is moved and it makes it look like he posted twice. But very mature of you. I wish you'd just drop it...

Originally posted by keo718

Thats kind of weak that there is essentially no way for anyone to even skin the correct outfit on Mace. If this is the case though, how did Toonces remove the tabbards from the back(below the belt)? Well, maybe version 2.

Weak?? Do you really care that much? If you use the Mace Windu model in-game, you're never going to see the front anyway, and if you're fighting against him, I'm not so sure you're really going to notice this small small discrepancy. Who really cares that a small width of clothing is not visible? There's a point where you should just accept things how they are, especially since these people are working as hard as they are on a voluntary basis in the first place. I think it looks great the way it is, and I'm not going to give up while fighting against someone who wears this model just because I can't see that tiny bit of white. You know, Samuel Jackson's teeth are slightly more separated than the skin for the model's teeth. Better fix it quick...

Originally posted by JEDI_Anakin_S

Nice try, but Arco only appears to post twice. A post in-between his first and second was edited, meaning it's position is moved and it makes it look like he posted twice. But very mature of you. I wish you'd just drop it...

As if you're the icon of maturity. :rolleyes:

Weak?? Do you really care that much? If you use the Mace Windu model in-game, you're never going to see the front anyway, and if you're fighting against him, I'm not so sure you're really going to notice this small small discrepancy. Who really cares that a small width of clothing is not visible? There's a point where you should just accept things how they are, especially since these people are working as hard as they are on a voluntary basis in the first place. I think it looks great the way it is, and I'm not going to give up while fighting against someone who wears this model just because I can't see that tiny bit of white. You know, Samuel Jackson's teeth are slightly more separated than the skin for the model's teeth. Better fix it quick...

It's the details that seperate good models from great models. I don't know why you have to bash his opinion and make fun of him, though. I for one agree with keo, but i'm not trying to detract from the great work of Toonces, Arco and Tex in any way.

As if you're the icon of maturity.

You've so been put on my ignore list... :mad:

You know, I had a sly remark posted but I choose not to play that game. First off, do your reseach before you post. Alot of people get upset when critiques are made, yet fail to realize that it is these same critiques that help refine the model into that which they wet themselves over. What I said was "weak" is not the fact that Toonces and Arco chose to keep his outfit the way it is, but rather that this is the only Mace Windu model, and if someone else wishes to skin the model giving him the authentic wear of Mace Windu, they cannot because of the mesh. Now by your remarks I can see that it really would make no difference what the model had on, whether Jedi garb, or a suit and tie. But there is more to a model than just a face. One of the things that makes Tercero's Anakin so great is the accuracy of it. It makes you feel as if you are using Anakin when in the game. Mace Windu has an authentic outfit VERY different from other jedi, more than just the "tiny bit of white" that you speak of. If you need a guideline, check the diagram I made earlier in this thread. The lack of that outfit leaves something to be desired. Now I have no problem with the fact that this is how they chose to do it, but it is unfortunate that no one else can either. I really have no need to explain myself, but I choose to moreso so that Toonces and Arco don't misunderstand what I said. I think you guys did a good job.

One of the things that makes Tercero's Anakin so great is the accuracy of it. It makes you feel as if you are using Anakin when in the game.

Yeah, well...that's if Tercero ever finishes it. I would rather have a Mace that was "close-enough" to perfect than wait 6 more months just so he can have the correct amount of food pellets on his belt.

You lose a lot of that detail in-game, anyway.

Rock on, guys. Love the models.

Originally posted by shaolin_blade

Yeah, well...that's if Tercero ever finishes it. I would rather have a Mace that was "close-enough" to perfect than wait 6 more months just so he can have the correct amount of food pellets on his belt.

You lose a lot of that detail in-game, anyway.

I've seen a number of people bashing Tercero's work... the fact that he's making it accurate has NOTHING to do with how long it's taken to get the model completed. If you would read or at least follow the thread rather than just reading the ends of it for the latest information, you'd know that there are a number of concerns in Tercero's life that keep him from working on the model, namely work and personal problems. If you want a rough, unfinished Anakin model that's devoid of detail, accuracy, etc - go download Vahl's Anakin.

Do you really lose that much detail? Food capsules, maybe. But in the case of Mace's jedi clothes, it's a large detail that's being overlooked, and is easily and instantly noticeable. It's this "people won't even notice" attitude that's caused crap like Vahl's Anakin to be released - the lack of criticism and not paying attention to details is to blame.

I have read Tercero's posts. I've been following that model for a long time. Just because I don't chime in 50 times a day with a "Looks good" or "that roxors," don't assume I haven't read his posts.

If you guys wouldn't post 35 times about what a great guy he is, or how he is the best modeler ever, or how great your avatars are, that thread would be more user-friendly anyway. Too much brown-nosing going on in there. Give the kid some prozac, and leave him alone.

And to tell you the truth, I don't care if his girlfriend left him, or if his job is hard, or whatever the excuses are now. All I'm saying is, don't bash people because they don't want to wait a year for a perfect model.

There is a fine line between good detail and over-doing.

You guys guilted us into it ;)

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com/images/mace12.jpg

It's not lack of critisim that caused us not to do it at first, keo was very vocal about a few of the areas that wern't quite "cannon" I decided to see how much of a pain it would be to do and decided "what the hell?" It required a reconstruction of the front part of it and some adjustments in his uv's but it wasn't quite as much of a pain to do as I thought it would be

Archived