Home

Bond, James Bond

Darth Groovy

Ok I'm all happy that this new DVD collection comes out Tuesday, but now I have a gripe. It's missing some of my favorites, like Octo*****, The Living Daylights, Thunderball, and Diamonds Are Forever among others. Back when all the titles were released in 1999, I did not yet own a DVD player, so I never purchased any of the other titles. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on these, and will I have to pay dearly for them?

I take my sorrow shaken, not stirred. :(

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure where you can get them........It looks like you just might have to wait a while.....:( Did you try to look on MGM website or anything like that?????

I'll be picking up all three of the sets of movies myself!!!

007-my idol!!!

:D

MGM website is really horrible. Whoever scripted it should be dangling from a gallos because the search features are all bass ackwards. Those three sets came out in 1999. I am not sure if they are available or not. If I could, I would buy all the titles I am missing seperately. I have yet to investigate that. What film category do Bond titles fall under anyway? If you say spy I shall shoot you with my golden gun! :p

Edit- Does anyone know of a good website that would actually let me order these individually?

Well, I wouldn't say spy........I'm 25 not 12 and I enjoy my 007 movies. :) That sucks big time that their site is so terrible.....did you send them an email about how crappy it is??

I'd say 007 is an "action" movie series........;)

I'm 28, and I grew up with these films. Really at some point, I would like them all on DVD. I never got the VHS copies either. I was always going to tape one of the "Bond Week" specials off of the T.V. but either ran out of tapes or time each time it happened.

To own all of them on DVD would make me very happy indeed. :D

I started a Vhs collection and I got about 1/2 of all of the movies. Then DVD's came out so I stopped that and I have been waiting for the Dvd releases ever since.......:D

I used to always watch growing up "the 15 days of 007" on TBS......man that was cool!! :)

That's the T.V. program I am refering too. :D Nothing beats the widscreen views and super duper soundtracks though. I am usually working when those are on, or I find out about it in the middle of the week. If they show it againt his year, I will program my VCR, but I never watch TV, so I am scarred of missing it again. :(

What Zone are we talking about Groovy?

Not sure about the inferior Zone 1 versions, nor have I looked up the better Zone 2/4 conversions either, but it would be a start....

Anyway, a review of the Episode 2 DVD says the film, since it was shot digitally shows some of the shortcomings of the MPEG2 standard that is used to compress DVD data....

When will the next gen of DVD be approved, so that Episode 3 doesn't suffer the same fate, or the OT DVD's as well?!

If you're a really serious Bond collector, with a multi-region DVD player and you're not afraid of shipping taxes...then I'd say go for this Bond DVD collection which contains all 19 (official) films, and apparently has a space for number 20. As I say, the only drawback from the POV of people in the US is it's Region 2 and PAL encoding...

I'm definitely getting it if I can scrape together enough hard cash. ;) I'm surprised if this collection isn't going to be available in the US, though. Sounds a bit silly.

Originally posted by BCanr2d2

What Zone are we talking about Groovy?

Not sure about the inferior Zone 1 versions, nor have I looked up the better Zone 2/4 conversions either, but it would be a start....

Anyway, a review of the Episode 2 DVD says the film, since it was shot digitally shows some of the shortcomings of the MPEG2 standard that is used to compress DVD data....

When will the next gen of DVD be approved, so that Episode 3 doesn't suffer the same fate, or the OT DVD's as well?!

Welcome to the conversation BCanr2d2. The topic is JAMES BOND not Star Wars. :rolleyes:

Thanks for that link Stormhammer, I just hope those are still available and I need to find a U.S. Currency conversion chart somewhere. Something tells me that MGM still might release the other films again too, after all MGM cannot afford to pass up another dollar.

No problem. Glad to help. ;)

AFAIK, the exchange rate is usually around $1.55 = £1.00, so it works out to around $248, give or take a few. I've no idea about shipping costs to the U.S. though.

And if you check the blurb...that particular collection hasn't been released yet. It's due out November 4th. :)

Good hunting. ;)

I've just been trying the Nightfire demo, and I'm not at all impressed. :mad: It doesn't really look anything special, and it loads every two minutes - practically every time you open a door to another area. The AI is naff...I walked up to one of the enemies from the side, and stood there right next to him for half a minute without him doing anything...I had to provoke him to attack. And there are bugs too. I shot one guy full of lead with three magazines and he didn't fall down...so I walked up to him and found he was simply frozen in place.

And the framerate is terrible. I know my PC at work isn't exactly fantastic (Athlon 900 with 512Mb RAM and a Geforce 256), but as I was moving my mouse around, the screen seemed to get caught, then slide, continuously. And that wasn't even with high details.

Don't take my word for it though...maybe it's just my work's PC. I'll try it at home shortly to see if that makes a difference.

If I had to recommend a spy game to try out...I'd definitely recommend NOLF2. Based on my experience so far with the demo, I can't recommend Nightfire.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Looks like Goldeneye remains the dominant bond game.

Oh yeah!! Are you kidding?? I could have told you that!!:p I used to play that game for days at a time.....with no contact from the outside world.......

Archived