Home

Cost per month?!?!

Hellfire Jedi

Originally posted by yo-wazza

ok here is how I see it....

little kiddies will probably not even get how to play a big roleplaying liken this anyhow....

I say the youngest person would be like 10 years old max...

And by this time u will get enugh pocket money a month to play.. or at least do a paper run 3 times a month to pay it off....

SO they aint cutting kids off from this game......

And anyways little kiddies and kids 10-15 normally like playing cs more cuz there aint as much thinking involved ... all the little kids will be :confused: about a game like this....

well i dont think thats true why the hel would they be confused about a gmae like this whats so confusing about it and wraith i know why we have to pay you don't need to post the link up on every post (not meening any disrespect)

I'm personally very fond of the monthly fee!

And why you ask me?

Well it guarantees me that they will be working on the game as long as they can in order to extend it's marketing life (ea, untill the game is no longer profitable)

Which means that I can continiou (gah never get this word right, someone help me!) to get quality patches, fixes, updates, expansions for the next couple of years!

i read everything you all wrote and i dont think most of you really get why you have to pay per month.

fist i want to note there not trying to keep younger players off that actually has nothing to do with it. locas arts needs to pay there server company for every pearson playing the game. look at it this way would you be able to go anline if you didnt have the internet? no you wouldnt and you have to pay 4 internet per moneth. What locas has to do is pay for the servers supporting the game others wise it would be slow as hell and crash all the time

other people were saying wont they gem that money form the games sold? well my anwser is yes and no i figure the game will range from 50-60 american dollars that would have you cover cost of equipment sallerys and profit than what happens when people stop buying the game because everone has it they no longer make money but they have to keep spending it

so you see they have to charge monthly others they fall

Originally posted by yo-wazza

ok here is how I see it....

little kiddies will probably not even get how to play a big roleplaying liken this anyhow....

I say the youngest person would be like 10 years old max...

And by this time u will get enugh pocket money a month to play.. or at least do a paper run 3 times a month to pay it off....

SO they aint cutting kids off from this game......

And anyways little kiddies and kids 10-15 normally like playing cs more cuz there aint as much thinking involved ... all the little kids will be about a game like this....

I think you are wrong about the age here. My son started playing his first MMORPG at the age of 5. He played eq for 3 years and had 2 lvl 50 characters. Kids can learn games faster than most adults. And if it keeps my kid off the street and out of trouble, I have no problem paying for 2 accounts. We already pre-ordered 2 copies of SWG so the Bothan Ranger named Zardd you see on launch day will be played by an 8 year old kid and guarantee he will learn the game faster than alot of adults.

Originally posted by Murashu

I think you are wrong about the age here. My son started playing his first MMORPG at the age of 5. He played eq for 3 years and had 2 lvl 50 characters. Kids can learn games faster than most adults. And if it keeps my kid off the street and out of trouble, I have no problem paying for 2 accounts. We already pre-ordered 2 copies of SWG so the Bothan Ranger named Zardd you see on launch day will be played by an 8 year old kid and guarantee he will learn the game faster than alot of adults.

see this guy knows what im talking about:D

Originally posted by Murashu

hmmm darn... that will include me :D since im an adult :D

Just think of it like this. Companies who make MMORPG's make the game, then they make you pay for it and then use the cash that YOU paid to produce new, better games! So you are keeping the games companies alive.

(cough) and paying the programmers wages (cough)

:lsduel:

Welcome to the boards!!! :)

Be sure to check out the Read This First thread at the top of this forum, as it contains some guidelines on how to behave, if you haven't all ready. :)

Most here are friendly and the aggression level is far from what you will find in the Official SWG Boards, so I'm sure you will enjoy your stay.

Please feel free to stay as long as you want. :)

And have some chocolate covered gnorts. :D Complementary Juztyn. :p

Also be sure to check out the SWGalaxies.Net site which is connected to these boards. :)

Archived