Home

WIP: Tercero-Anakin Model

-Tercero-

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my .02 of the model.. the face is looking great -Tercero- but as people have suggested, he does need to look a tad older. he looks like 15 there on this pic

http://www.geocities.com/anakin_tercero/Anakin-Remodel1.txt

I guess he skin might need to be darker, or add shadows. but Keep up the good work. GREAT work the braid :D but it does need to be a little longer. cuz there it looks like it is just reaching to his neck/collar bone, where Matt shows that it is fraying the last 2-3 inches, where you have it fraying maybe what would be scaled as an inch to an inch and a half. but its great you've got around to skinning the braid, especially with your hectic work schedule.

oh also, I just noticed that when looking at this pic, Anakin has a longer neck than modeled, but I don't know if you can work around that but just in case, here is an example, which will make the braid longer as well

http://www.padawansguide.com/promo/pages/obiwan_mace_ani1_promo.htm

the whole padawansguide.com is FULL of great pics of Windu, Obi-wan, Padme, and of course, Anakin, as well as other characaters that appeared in the movies. Also, if you could maybe have the hair a bit more curly than combed back, it will add more character and resemblance to the model.

Keep up the great work, -Tercero-

Tercero is working above and beyond the call of duty trying to look exactly like Anakin... well done.

I don't think the resemblance but the promo shot aboe vdoes point some things out that i think would really help the model resemble Annie more.

1. Skin the neck. Hayden Christensen has a very prominent adam's apple, and this will help your model look older.

2. longer braid, as noted before.

3. Eyes. Hayden has heavy lidded eyes, especially the upper eyelids.

4. beefier earlobes.

Aside from these small touches, bravo, man. bravo.

Spike his hair. :D j/k

Looks good. I did like 10's hair color and 14's face though. Those seem like they would work together. Looking at the ref pic promo and remodel1, they look fine. Forehead could probably be slightly shorter. SLIGHTLY. And as suggested, a little darker skin or shadows.

Okay, the model is starting to shape up now - I'll releases a screenie soon, but I want to finish redoing the UV maps first, otherwise it'll look worse rather than better. I've been thinking about using shaders like those used on yoda's hair to give him that spikey look - it'd only appear on the first two lod's, but I think that it'd make a pretty big difference. It would also increase the polycount and demand more from the hardware, however. I should still be able to keep the model around 3100 polys if I do add the shaders in, but I wanted to get some community response on if it is worthwhile or not.

New screenies should be up soon!

Originally posted by Andy867

oh also, I just noticed that when looking at this pic, Anakin has a longer neck than modeled, but I don't know if you can work around that but just in case, here is an example, which will make the braid longer as well

http://www.padawansguide.com/promo/pages/obiwan_mace_ani1_promo.htm

I think you hit the nail on the head there!!! I was looking at the model trying to figure out why he looked sort of youngish compared to hayden and I think thats the main problem!! That and his eyebrow of course!!

::Sigh.:: If he knew this, don't you think he would have posted this info by now? The reason for releasing a model is to give the enjoyment to the public, and in doing so, wouldn't you give it to them asap? Simple logic..he'll post this info when he, himself finds it out.

I agree with Lord Tnuc. I feel that he is doing us a great service. And the longer he takes the better it gets. Asking when the model will be released is rude to whomever is working on the model. They feel like they have to rush to get it completed in time. We should all just relax and be supportive. The more support, the better it gets.

You. are. A . Great. Modeler!

The model looks almost like Hayden (Only you can't get the EXACT features on him) other than that the Model is awesome and you should keep working on it. and by the way, Do you like modeling? if so you should keep working on it!

I'm almost finished with the weighting on Anakin, he doesnt have any texture coords so any screenies I take will look odd. It's only an innitial weighting, and since he's texturless there will be some clipping problems I cant see, but I'll be sending out a glm to Tercero late tonight or early tommorow. :)

Toonces

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com