Home

Monkey Island 5

Martan88

Andrew: And what about a new Monkey Island game? Are you guys interested in doing that still?

Simon: At some point in the future, there will undoubtedly be more Monkey Island games. No doubt about that.

(Simon Jeffery is the president of LucasArts)

When? Dunno, but some time in the future. I wouldn't say as soon as two to three years, though, since LucasArts are already making a ton of games scheduled for that kind of time.

Originally posted by Yoghurt

-g- that's gonna take long...

probably the pentium 5000 is out by then :rolleyes:

I doubt they'd still call it Pentium.

Reminds me of this conversation in one of the Star Trek adventures (I think it was Judgment Rites) where they said a computer was 801686 or something like that. Intel numbered their processors 286, 386, 486 then (leaving the "80" part of 80286 away).

Some years ago they would have speculated about Hexium, Septium and so on.

It takes far more than 2 years to make a game. I'm not even talking about Duke Nukem Forever, but any normal game takes 2 years alone from announcement / preview to finished product. Before that a helluva lotta work is spent to concepts and engine development.

Originally posted by Yoghurt

It has to become the game of games if it takes thát long.

Like the terrific Stonekeep, Black & White, Daikatana and Team Fortress 2. Oh wait, that didn't come out either.

Let's face it, long development benefits the game in the least cases (Diablo 2, I guess).

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I figured...once they decided to make it, the new hype is going to be the MMORPG's (Massively Multi-Player Online Role-Playing Games) i.e. Star Wars Galaxies, Everquest, World of Warcraft....we should toss them the idea of MIO, Monkey Island Online :) I'd just like to imagine thousands of players with their own cartoonish selves touring the planet insult swordfighting, stealing booty, and WENCHES WENCHES WENCHES...what? I know it might flop due to an unbacked fanbase (Besides us hardcore fans)...but I've always wanted to enter the wonderful land of humor and mayhem...just my 2 pieces of 8 :)

Ben

Good Idea...

although, I don't know how it would go actually, let's have a brainstorm or sometin'

online insult swordfighting:

Don't know about that. Once everyone knows every insult. A swordfighting battle would last forever since both know exactly what to say :rolleyes:

I really don't think adventure games and multiplayer go that well together...

But I'd love it if someone would find a descent way ;)

Yes, It would be somewhat hard, due to the fact that there wouldn't be all that many "professions." I guess you could be a pirate, politician, shopowner...etc.

You're right about the insult swordfighting, i was just sayin that for fun. I guess it'd have to be normal swordfighting...

As for islands, there are ton of those, people could start off in a few islands as their home....

The quests would be amazing, there could be tons of things players could do, look for treasure, find the barber's scissors, etc...needless little ones even.

People could earn money for ships, and upgrade them and battle them.

Its just a fun idea to toss around...I'd personally like to own the scumm bar :)

Ben

Archived