Home

Dark Forces MOD released!!!

Darth_Linux

Originally posted by SlapNut

i looked at the screen shots and it looks worse than jk2...

Although the screenshots don´t really represent the complete mod (especially lightning looks totally different) it´s not the question of how it can compete with jk2 (lol, no, we´re not raven and we don´t get money for this), it´s the question of how it stands against the original level :p

Wow, pretty awesome. Been many years since Dark Forces has seen my hard drive, haven't installed that game in years.. but this level is really true to the original. All the secret areas are there, the open area outside the base isn't as large as what I remembered it, but the added spotlight gives it a good feel... Gave me a real retro feel, made me want to go the the Crow's Nest and download some custom levels ;). Matter of fact, I may re-install Dark Forces and go play some custom levels... Dark Forces is a true classic. Also, it feels good not having to rely on the saber and the force for a change. Awesome, can't wait to play the other levels of this mod now. REALLY looking forward to the Coruscant level, that was probably my favorite level out of the original Dark Forces game, with the Executor level a close second... oh yeah, and Nar Shaddaa... Jabba' prison ship... heck I think I loved every mission in the original Dark Forces game.

This is easily the best mod for JK II out there. One of the best mods I have ever played. It recreates the original PERFECTLY. I am amazed. It's just like playing the original with better graphics, kudos to you guys on all the sound effects, new items, interactive icons, etc. I cannot WAIT until the full version. GREAT JOB so far.

:)

Originally posted by Guardian Omega

Ahhh, good times, good times. I enjoyed Dark Forces very much and it was the only game that really freaked me out. (Of course I was a little kid back then.:p ) I need to find my DF cd, pronto!

Yeah, I remember when I first encountered a Phase 1 Dark trooper I nearly unloaded my E-11 on him... had a pretty good environment, and creeped me out a bit.

Originally posted by Pseudonym

Wow, that was ownage. But the level was kind of dark. And why was there a big hole in the bryar pistol? And why don't the fists work? :(

shouldn't be any holes in the weaon unless you are leaning . . . but even JO's have some unfinished surfaces you can see if you lean the right way.

maybe a screenshot would help explain what you mean exactly?

Good work. The demo looks cool. I like the original sound fx but I hate the midi music. The weapons should be more darkforceslike, if possible.

You should add darkforceslike multiplayer, I missed it in the orignal, lol. Even Duke Nukem 3D had multiplayer.

I still have the original darkforces cd. It works on my comp, just no sound, lol.

Archived