Home

Ep2 Mistakes!

leXX

There are bound to be a few mistakes in every film, so let's make this the place to list the mistakes in Ep2.

I noticed a mistake when the Jedi where getting onto the gunship with Yoda. Luminara Unduli, Kit Fisto, Ki Adi Mundi, Mace Windu and a couple of other Jedi got on to it but only Mace, Kit and Ki got off it. Where did the other Jedi dissapear to?

Have you noticed any mistakes?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why didn't Dooku and Kenobi sense each other, they practicly ran into each other in the hallway?

Sure, may the dark side clouded Obi Wan, but Dooku should have definitely felt Obi Wan's presence.

I suppose maybe Dooku let Obi Wan run around a little bit first so he coudl send the message to Coruscant so the war coudl start, but it's a pretty thin theory.

He probably wasnt using his Force sense. Notice when ever a Jedi or Sith senses a presence they are concentrating, connecting with the Force, looking for a presense. In every movie they do that. George would never screw up something like that. Btw Luke could sense Vader even though Vader had the Dark side, but thats because they were reaching through the Force to eachother. If it was just Luke searching then he wouldnt sense Vader. But since they passed by Vaders command ship Exectutor in Rotj it was pretty obvious Vader was around. And Obi didnt have to try and sense Dooku. He walked right in front of Obi. So duh, there he is.:p

He was too busy with his meeting to worry about Obiwan at the time. He's a upper class diplomat afterall. Probably figured the jedi wasn't such a concern that it had to be dealt with immediately (not when Dooku's engrossed in talking politics). He could have sensed him and then after the meeting told his droids that there's a jedi about that they should bring the Jedi before him.

Kryllith

Originally posted by leXX

There are bound to be a few mistakes in every film, so let's make this the place to list the mistakes in Ep2.

I noticed a mistake when the Jedi where getting onto the gunship with Yoda. Luminara Unduli, Kit Fisto, Ki Adi Mundi, Mace Windu and a couple of other Jedi got on to it but only Mace, Kit and Ki got off it. Where did the other Jedi dissapear to?

what makes you think that that ship didnt drop off the other jedi beforehand? they obviously made several stops because yoda got off at the forward command center. makes sense to spread the jedi around and have them play roles as directors of the battle instead of a small contingent of jedi acting together against a single point. i mean look how bad just jedi got beat in the arena. 200 jedi entered 20 left (something around that number). we know yoda did some tactical directing "concentrate all your fire on the nearest starship" not until the enemy were all retreating could yoda request a ship and move towards dooku. and mace windu had a bit of directing the forces as well "sir,ive got 5 special commando units awaiting your order, sir" *something along those lines* mace directed some special clones in some mission and anakin/obi while protecting the senator directed the gunships attacks "aim right above the fuel cells" "attack those federation starships, quickly!". you can also see a few jedi leading the foot march of the clone troopers into the fray.

i suppose it was probably just not thought about by the ppl at lucasfilms but this explanation is one of a few that could explain it

edit: proper quote and spelling.

edit: second edit, i just watched that part again and it looked to me that luminara etc got on a different gunship then mace and kiadi etc.

edit: third edit, sorry for the constant editing but it beats triple posting. i may be wrong about a fair bit of that, im not really sure. i was tired when i posted that and i was in an arguementative mood. please go back to enjoying your thread.

Originally posted by DarthNoodles

Why didn't Dooku and Kenobi sense each other, they practicly ran into each other in the hallway?

Sure, may the dark side clouded Obi Wan, but Dooku should have definitely felt Obi Wan's presence.

I suppose maybe Dooku let Obi Wan run around a little bit first so he coudl send the message to Coruscant so the war coudl start, but it's a pretty thin theory.

If I am Count Dooku and there is a puny little Jedi Knight out there trying to play "Mr. Stealth" why not let him considering you know you can whoop him. He calls out the Jedi's or the Senate. Why not? You have like 10,000 battle droids at your disposal. Just my thinking though.

Originally posted by Darth Talliusc

what makes you think that that ship didnt drop off the other jedi beforehand? they obviously made several stops because yoda got off at the forward command center. makes sense to spread the jedi around and have them play roles as directors of the battle instead of a small contingent of jedi acting together against a single point. i mean look how bad just jedi got beat in the arena. 200 jedi entered 20 left (something around that number). we know yoda did some tactical directing "concentrate all your fire on the nearest starship" not until the enemy were all retreating could yoda request a ship and move towards dooku. and mace windu had a bit of directing the forces as well "sir,ive got 5 special commando units awaiting your order, sir" *something along those lines* mace directed some special clones in some mission and anakin/obi while protecting the senator directed the gunships attacks "aim right above the fuel cells" "attack those federation starships, quickly!". you can also see a few jedi leading the foot march of the clone troopers into the fray.

i suppose it was probably just not thought about by the ppl at lucasfilms but this explanation is one of a few that could explain it

edit: proper quote and spelling.

edit: second edit, i just watched that part again and it looked to me that luminara etc got on a different gunship then mace and kiadi etc.

edit: third edit, sorry for the constant editing but it beats triple posting. i may be wrong about a fair bit of that, im not really sure. i was tired when i posted that and i was in an arguementative mood. please go back to enjoying your thread.

They didn't get on a different gunship because Ki helped them on!

I understand that they must have been dropped off somewhere, that is obvious, but we don't see that happening and in my eyes that is a mistake.

- When Anakin is meditating, there is rain falling on the ground next to him, but it isn't supposed to be raining (most of the rain was edited out by ILM).

- Obi-wan's lightsaber mysteriously turned on without the usual noise just before Jango fired a rocket at him.

- Jango's head should be visible somewhere in the scene with Boba examining his helmet, but it isn't (at least I think it should be lying on the ground near there).

There might be more.

Maybe they just got off on the other side of the ship :)

Originally posted by PowerBroker

Jango's head should be visible somewhere in the scene with Boba examining his helmet, but it isn't (at least I think it should be lying on the ground near there).

Actually, if you watch closely when the helmet is flying away after being lopped off you will see a shadow pass in the opposite direction of the helmet. that shadow is Jango's head.

lostmyhead.jpg

So you're saying they got on it and then got off the other side! What is the point it that? lol

It's a mistake, face it! ;)

just watched that spot in the movie again, sorry LeXX but you're wrong, KI adi mundi mace windu yoda and kit fisto shared one transport, no other jedi were with them. i think you're mistaking another black jedi for Mace. at first i thought it might be him that helps that large group of alien jedi on to one gunship but on closer inspection that guys much older and a little chunkier. it was not a mistake you just didnt look carefully enough.

edit: and powerbroker, Obi's lightsaber doesnt turn off, it just looks that way because he turns it to face the camera. makes sense to, would you lower your guard in front of jango fett?

I agree. I must apologise, I just watched it again too and you are right! They get on a different transport altogether! Ki Adi Mundi and Mace are already on the gunship and Ki helps on Kit Fisto but thats it. ;)

Someone said they replaced they wrong window. That is wrong too, I watched that bit and Obi jumps out the middle window and the middle window is replaced.

Originally posted by PowerBroker

[b

- Jango's head should be visible somewhere in the scene with Boba examining his helmet, but it isn't (at least I think it should be lying on the ground near there).

[/b]

Really? I've always thought that his head was still in the helmet when Boba examined it. Have I really been that wrong?

Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn

Really? I've always thought that his head was still in the helmet when Boba examined it. Have I really been that wrong?

lostmyhead.jpg

ET: I know the head flew away, but I think it didn't go far enough away that it wouldn't rest a few yards away from where the helmet is.

Well the helmet was moving at a pretty good speed, thus the head was moving at a good speed, and they separated and had about 2 seconds of movement on differing vectors. Quite possible it was a long ways away.....It also could have been back behind boba when he's lifting up the helmet, and just a few feet off-screen.

hehe, sorry bout naggin ya LeXX. Powerbroker i would probably have posted that as a mistake if i had watched it and been looking for mistakes, its just that im a very contrary person and i tend to look for things that are opposites of waht ppl say just so i can prove em wrong. its not very nice and its a bad habit so im sorry to everybody.

oh and the biggest mistake of all in ep2 was jango dying, i dont care if it was necessary for the plot that guy was cool and he deserved to live. stupid rampaging reek broke his jetpack. grrrrrr.

Archived