Home

Now what?

Young David

Yup ... you're looking at the owner of Youngdavid.com :D

Now, the main reason for that domain wasn't even a homepage. There's gonna be some pages on it ofcourse, but they're made and hosted by me ... for others. php, mysql and all ... and no banners. And ofcourse ... I got my very special e-mail adres now (or should I say 5 adresses :D)

Now ... there needs to be a homepage on it too ofcourse. There are tons of things that can be on it ofcourse, but I'd like to know what you'd expect on a site carieing my name ...

And what would you put on your own?

you got Netfirms didn't you?

Uh just something to think about-if you did get Netfirms they have, uh let me think now...Domain Pointers and I THINK that you get a few free with your accounnt...so it might be nice if you used them for your other users since I doubt many will want their name under "youngdavid.com"....not that there's anything wrong with that name it's just that it's a little [word that means has no true subject].

No, I didn't say that ... I'm already hosting 1 site. I little project I'm also involved in.

I'm gonna build a homepage for my own :D ... but Have no idea what to put on it. Info about me? I'm not thát interesting ... So I want something different ...

(And no, it's not netfirms, It's a real server! It's located here in the Netherlands and I pay for it)

Congrats on your new site. If you want to be a homepage, then tell everyone about you and you do. Things you enjoy. Or, you can pick a theme to make out of it. Say something like computer games, or RTSs, or SW GB, and have files, pics, and info about that stuff. Or lastly, you can use it with a project you are working on. Like some kinda of an application you are making or a hobby you do....

Just some thoughts.

Originally posted by DashRendar

Netfirms IS real...and sounds a lot like yours...

Well, netfirms gives you only 25 mb, which is quite enough, unless you wanna put up some pics or something, but that's quite unusual.

Seeing as he mentioned php and mySQL, those are two very important things nowadays that netfirms nor many other popular free hosts don't provide.

With php and mySQL if you know how to program or if you can atleast setup, you can have a forum just like this, or on phpbb (which is really good), or you can build an interactive kinda website where you don't need to gazzle through loads of html to update your site. Just type and click and it's there...

That's the new face of webpage designing :D *wish i knew how* :( will learn :)

curse the day i went to rhett.com! :eek: Did you try bobarhett.com? ;)

oh, and congrats YD on getting your own site :D It feels good, *trust me, i know ;)*

Originally posted by krkode

Well, netfirms gives you only 25 mb, which is quite enough, unless you wanna put up some pics or something, but that's quite unusual.

Seeing as he mentioned php and mySQL, those are two very important things nowadays that netfirms nor many other popular free hosts don't provide.

Shows how much YOU know. ;)

Yes Netfirms DOES have Free Servers that don't provide a whole lot of space, Banners, and limited file Support, BUT that's only the free version. As I told YD Netfirms isn't ALL free there's 4 types of accounts on Netfirms only one of which is free, AND only one of which doesn't have all of that stuff you mentioned.

well, in case YOU didn't know, netfirms' pay accounts aren't the best ones out there... ;)

There are deals much better than that, and on top of that, i don't think any of netfirms' accounts provide php or mySQL...i don't see them here...

oh wait, there is php, but there's no mySQL in any of the accounts, and that's the real biggie :o:)

and when you were talking about domain pointers i thought maybe you thought he should use a free account and point his domain to that...that's why i thought you were suggesting a free one :)

cuz if you're gonna buy space, you might as well buy a space+domain package :)

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Sweet. :) I remember looking into buying rhett.com.... and I was quite surprised when I found out what the site was already being used for.... :indif:

*hint* DON'T GO THERE *hint*

You can't post sites like that Rhett ... Against the policy. Do that one more time and you're banned :eets:

The URL:

is blocked at 3M because:

Access denied by SmartFilter content category. The requested URL belongs to the following category: Sex.

Even my work knows about your website!! :eek:

Thankfully my username has not been used to sell sin.

BAH! STTCT! I WILL NOT HAVE THE DARK WORDS OF MORDOR UTTERED AT THIS SECRET COUNCIL! - Eets.

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Sweet. :) I remember looking into buying rhett.com.... and I was quite surprised when I found out what the site was already being used for.... :indif:

*hint* DON'T GO THERE *hint*

geez rhett...did you even think about looking into BOBARHETT instead?

BTW, I think you all know what I would do with my own domain name... http://www.darthfergie.com :urpdude:

Originally posted by STTCT

sorry eets - didn't realise it had posted a link :eek: !!!!

Mah god...i could have sent innocent victims there!!

Well, looking at the contexted here, they may have gone there anyway which is sometimes inevidable, but posting a link in anwyay would get you there, even if you do have to cut and paste ;). Yes, I'm evil to work around most of the time on a computer because of the time spent on it.

Muha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Archived