Home

Report Promod 3.0 bugs here!

ArtifeX

How buggy has this 3.0 release been for you?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How buggy has this 3.0 release been for you?

• No bugs that I\'ve noticed. Seems rock-solid.
    • Just one or two minor things. Nothing that interferes with playing.
    • A few bugs which are kinda annoying.
    • Quite a few bugs. It\'s hard for me to play the game.
    • Tons of bugs. I can barely play the game at all.

I've started fixing some of the bugs that have been reported, and I'm going to follow up the 3.0 release with a 3.1 that will fix everything I know of. So, please list any issues you've found here and I'll get to them as soon as I can. I may add Saga support to 3.1, but I'm thinking that 3.1 may be a bug-fix-only release, because there's a specific issue with dedicated servers reporting the proper gamedirectory ("ProModBeta3" instead of "Promod3.0"), which I've already fixed on my build.

If you've put any bug reports any any of the other Promod 3.0 threads, then please repost them here so that it will be easier for me to keep track of them all. This goes for any that you've emailed me, or private messaged me.

Why I've disappeared the last few days:

I had an exciting trip the the E.R. for a severe anxiety attack on Tuesday. For those of you who don't know what that's like: imagine your entire upper body buzzing as if you're holding onto some high-voltage power lines, and an 800-pound gorilla is sitting on your chest so you can't breathe. Fun, fun.

I'm trying to take it easy for the next few days and not do much of anything, so you guys just keep reporting bugs, and I'll take care of them when I'm feeling better.

wow art, hope you're feeling better soon ... and i hope your anxiety attack wasn't brought about because of promod 3 OR the forums.

-------------------

i PMed you with some questions and a bug i noticed. but even after you described how the bug may have been a 'user error' (my words, not yours ;) ), i'm still noticing it.

here's what i see ...

when i jump (set at the lowest level) then use the jetpack to gain altitude, i notice that my force mana (or whatever it's called) is still being drained, even though i have let go of the jump button. minor ... but still a bug i've run into.

I have two.

1) Every time I change my config in the begginning of the game and hoi Apply, I immediately join, THEN it saves the new config. I have to suicide to get the new config.

2) Once, just now, in Death Star, Lazarous killed PowerBroker in that narrw room with the four medpacks. You know, the one across the hall from the big room with the Golan.

Well, apprently Laz killed him JUSt before he activated his jetpack, because even after he died, the flame of the jetpack remained floating over his corpse, sound and all. I slashed the corpse out of existence, and the flame went out, but the sound remained.

Just one, the setup bud I mentioned over on the release thread. When you load Promod through the setup screen you cannot access the setup screen again until you shut down the game. Not a gameplay bug, just a minute annoyance.

About your trip to the ER, I suffered from severe anxiety for a number of years in my early 20's (I'm 24, but much better now) I ended up in the ER a couple of times with panic attacks and for a while I thought my life was over. It took me a long time to completely recover and an alful lot of help from friends and family. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know there are alot of people out there who have went through just what your going through :)

Originally posted by adillon

...here's what i see ...

when i jump (set at the lowest level) then use the jetpack to gain altitude, i notice that my force mana (or whatever it's called) is still being drained, even though i have let go of the jump button. minor ... but still a bug i've run into.

That's actually not a bug. What's happening is that you're using level 1 jump, which uses up a ton of force power, so even after you've let go of the jump button, it will continue to drain your force until its usage amount is accounted for. I gave level 1 jump to every class by default.

This is a bug for gunners I've noticed while spectating. I'm not sure how or why this happens, but sometimes when your weapon's been pulled several times consecutively the brayar sometimes refuses to appear. I assume the brayar can't be pulled, right?

Idunno, something makes me recall this being an issue much earlier in promod's development... or maybe it's a 1.04 bug... or maybe someone already posted this a day ago... ANYWAYS, the bug can really screw over gunners. If you've never heard of it then I'll do more research and find out exactly when it happens.

Also, glad you're taking a break Artifex. Life can be totally insane sometimes. Don't worry about getting 3.1 out too soon. Your mod is a great success despite its imperfections, and the community can definitely wait till you're ready. :)

i'll just reiterate the config bug mentioned above (about it joining the game, then setting the config). also, when a weapon is pulled from you it often doesn't switch to another one... would it be possible to fix that?

any chance you'd incorporate model scaling (not damage scaling, mind you) and the like (saber scaling, but not bigger... just smaller ie. for yoda, etc.) into a future release? :)

also, sorry to hear about your anxiety attack. :(

oh, and your server needs some third party models methinks... when you're up and running, that is. :sweat:

the force fileds do cause a lot of lag, and bots seem to like using it when they spwan. I have had servers crap out on me in large maps due to this. Bots get killed, spawn, use force field, fall of and spawn and use forcefield again. If there are a number of players on the server... I will time out.

that's basically it for bugs, besides what people have mentioned. Oh is it possible to not have the bryar as a default weapon? It is annoying to spawn with it every time to switch to a saber afterwards. I would like to be able to only have the saber and pick the bryar when I want to. Plus when I'm sneaking in mind trick, i dont want to pick up those ammo packs for the gun I wont use and give away where I am. :)

More of an exploit I think, but there is a Red move that will kill you with one "hit" even if you are 100/100, even if it only gets close to you, even if you are anticpating with a block, even if it misses altogether.

It looks kinda like a single overhead red swing followed by the same red overhead swing crouched. I can not reproduce it, but I have ran across 2-3 players who use this move exclusively and they are nearly impossible to kill with a saber. No matter how poorly timed their swing is, it still hits (and kills) if you are anywhere near them. I have even been killed by this swing when I was behind the player, hacking on their unprotected back. Dunno, hope it doesnt become as widespread as the oh so l33t 1.03 backstab combos.

Other suggestions,

1. Could the trump system be a two-way matrix and be top down? Consider: Take one saberist wielding blue vs. one wielding red. Blue attacks are fast and furious, and should trump Red's slow and heavy defense. However, when Red returns the attack, his heavy, crushing blow should completly knock away or blast through the blue users nimble parrys.

Heavy attack vs. Med defense +5 to attacker (for power bonus)

Heavy attack vs. Light defense +10 to attacker (for power bonus)

Med attack vs. Heavy defense +5 to attacker (for agility bonus)

Med attack vs. Light defense +5 to attacker (for power bonus)

Light attack vs. Heavy defense +10 to attacker (for agility bonus)

Light attack vs Med defense +5 to attacker (for agility bonus)

Same attack vs Same defense, no bonuses.

If this could be implemented, then it might be cool to make saberists pay for each style individually, with a high and equal cost (10 points?) attached to each style? Even cooler might be the limitation to only have 2 out of 3 styles max per character? Dunno.

2: Agility skill points for gunners, so if they spend points they can get better jumping, then a more little speed, then with even more points the jedi roll move. IMO: They have too many point to spread around as it is now at JM level. The more specialization the better.

3: Make the roll move cost a small amount of force power to prevent droidika style silliness for both classes? There's an awful lot of rolling goin on.

4: Extra HP bonus for knocking / kicking someone off a ledge / cliff in a dramatic fashion? (bad pun alert) Just for kicks?

5: A 1 n 5 chance that you will be impaled when attempting to kick somebody wielding a light saber? Or maybe a CSC determined chance? Kicking someone holding a lightsaber should be a risky manuever. Your Balls + My blade = slice!

Cool MOD. Thanks for the work.

Originally posted by Halowse

More of an exploit I think, but there is a Red move that will kill you with one "hit" even if you are 100/100, even if it only gets close to you, even if you are anticpating with a block, even if it misses altogether.

It looks kinda like a single overhead red swing followed by the same red overhead swing crouched. I can not reproduce it, but I have ran across 2-3 players who use this move exclusively and they are nearly impossible to kill with a saber. No matter how poorly timed their swing is, it still hits (and kills) if you are anywhere near them. I have even been killed by this swing when I was behind the player, hacking on their unprotected back. Dunno, hope it doesnt become as widespread as the oh so l33t 1.03 backstab combos.

Hmm, i'll have to see that one in action. I can't quite picture the move you're talking about.

Other suggestions,

1. Could the trump system be a two-way matrix and be top down? Consider: Take one saberist wielding blue vs. one wielding red. Blue attacks are fast and furious, and should trump Red's slow and heavy defense. However, when Red returns the attack, his heavy, crushing blow should completly knock away or blast through the blue users nimble parrys.

Heavy attack vs. Med defense +5 to attacker (for power bonus)

Heavy attack vs. Light defense +10 to attacker (for power bonus)

Med attack vs. Heavy defense +5 to attacker (for agility bonus)

Med attack vs. Light defense +5 to attacker (for power bonus)

Light attack vs. Heavy defense +10 to attacker (for agility bonus)

Light attack vs Med defense +5 to attacker (for agility bonus)

Same attack vs Same defense, no bonuses.

If this could be implemented, then it might be cool to make saberists pay for each style individually, with a high and equal cost (10 points?) attached to each style? Even cooler might be the limitation to only have 2 out of 3 styles max per character? Dunno.

Well, the matrix idea is interesting, but with the bonuses you lay out here, there would never be a style that you had a negative attack bonus against. That's very important in the current system.

2: Agility skill points for gunners, so if they spend points they can get better jumping, then a more little speed, then with even more points the jedi roll move. IMO: They have too many point to spread around as it is now at JM level. The more specialization the better.

This is technically possible, but it's something that needs to be looked at after the current gamebalance is stabilized a bit more. Maybe in 3.2 or so.

3: Make the roll move cost a small amount of force power to prevent droidika style silliness for both classes? There's an awful lot of rolling goin on.

Gunners already can't roll, and rolling is a major tactic for the jedi. Making it cost precious force points would be inconsistent with some of the other acrobatic moves like wallflipping and kicking.

4: Extra HP bonus for knocking / kicking someone off a ledge / cliff in a dramatic fashion? (bad pun alert) Just for kicks?

Drama points? Hmm, I think many people would want to lynch me if I did this.

5: A 1 n 5 chance that you will be impaled when attempting to kick somebody wielding a light saber? Or maybe a CSC determined chance? Kicking someone holding a lightsaber should be a risky manuever. Your Balls + My blade = slice!

Cool MOD. Thanks for the work.

One thing I could do is give you a massive defense penalty while in the kicking animation. That's something I could look at, but I haven't heard any reports of kicking being abused lately. It seems that it's being used very infrequently now.

I had some trouble with the Jetpack while hosting a game today.

It simply wasn't working. I gained no altitude. Could this problem be related to "too many simultaneous buttons pressed at once" (jump+movement keys+jetpack+fire) or what..?

At times it was okay, but sometimes I just could get up?! The fuel usage was normal though...

Maybe it's just me..I don't know. Have anyone experienced something like this?

(And no, I wasn't pulled! I'm not *that* much of a n00b. :D )

Perhaps there's just something about using the jetpack that I don't understand yet...?

Originally posted by Luc Solar

I had some trouble with the Jetpack while hosting a game today.

It simply wasn't working. I gained no altitude. Could this problem be related to "too many simultaneous buttons pressed at once" (jump+movement keys+jetpack+fire) or what..?

At times it was okay, but sometimes I just could get up?! The fuel usage was normal though...

Maybe it's just me..I don't know. Have anyone experienced something like this?

(And no, I wasn't pulled! I'm not *that* much of a n00b. :D )

Perhaps there's just something about using the jetpack that I don't understand yet...?

My guess: lag, sometimes when you are laggings you don't gain even though your fuel depletes. Were you lagging at the time?

Guys: Enough with the stupid bug reports. If you can't win it means you suck or the person you were fighting was really good or you got in the wrong place at the wrong time (between a rocket and a cut-through-anything place). It's probably this **** that sent Art to the E.R.!! Also, I think this is ONLY a bug report thread, and not a suggestion thread, so lets stick to errors within the mod.

Now to the bugs:

- Some times when backslashing in yellow you jump hop forward and hook-slice infront of you. I'm not sure if it's ProMod related or JO related, but it never happened to me before except in Saberist 1.2 where that was intentional

-When I set my game settings from normal to high quality and went to deathstar, certain places were rainbow colored, and as I moved they fluxed. I'm not sure if this was in the game to begin with because I never used high quality before ProMod 3.0 (since it requires high inorder to see saber colors smooth)

Edit:

- I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but when I walk in any direction with saber in hand, the CSC increases both attack and defense, more so than they do when running.. is this suppost to happen?

Originally posted by zerowingzero

My guess: lag, sometimes when you are laggings you don't gain even though your fuel depletes. Were you lagging at the time?

Well, I was *hosting* the game so...I don't think so. But I've had problems with my internet connection lately - it seems to take breaks constantly dropping the activity to zerowing..I mean..zero for 10-15 seconds or so. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Haven't had any problems since, though :)

Originally posted by Moradivh

This is a bug for gunners I've noticed while spectating. I'm not sure how or why this happens, but sometimes when your weapon's been pulled several times consecutively the brayar sometimes refuses to appear. I assume the brayar can't be pulled, right?

Idunno, something makes me recall this being an issue much earlier in promod's development... or maybe it's a 1.04 bug... or maybe someone already posted this a day ago... ANYWAYS, the bug can really screw over gunners. If you've never heard of it then I'll do more research and find out exactly when it happens.

I think I've figured this one out. If your gun just got pulled and you're still holding the fire button a new weapon won't appear. For me, I'd get my gun pulled and would immediately hold secondary fire to charge up a bryar but instead no gun would appear. As soon as I let go of the button the weapon would appear.

Archived