• Illogical.
    • Boring.
    • I\'m standing neutral to it.
    • More than great!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Agrees with Obi and Groovy*

Anime purely....stinks. I've never had the opportunity of seeing these animes that have sex, violence, and such, but the ones I have seen have burned permanent injuries into my frontal lobes.

:D

It isn't so much the lack of a mature plot that bothers me about anime, it's the fixation for scantily clad school girls, tactically impossible mega-robots, silly hair, inane attempts at laughter and pathetic stories that always seem to involve the fate of the world..... blergh...

Sorry for misquoting you chief, but you really did summarize in perfect detail what I hate about anime.... :(

Originally posted by t3rr0r

if any of you doubters watch the [anime] movie jin-roh: the wolf brigade, i bet your opinions would change slightly.

Oh, I'm not saying all anime is bad - but the large majority is rubbish, IMNSHO ;)

Everyone should go read Ghost in the Shell and then see it as anime afterwards. Although the facial expressions in the manga nearly made me puke, the plot was excellent. And no, it did not involve the whole world in some apocalyptical war :)

The anime is better, but manga's plot isn't as clearly evident in it.

Originally posted by Cjais

It isn't so much the lack of a mature plot that bothers me about anime, it's the fixation for scantily clad school girls, tactically impossible mega-robots, silly hair, inane attempts at laughter and pathetic stories that always seem to involve the fate of the world..... blergh...

Sorry for misquoting you chief, but you really did summarize in perfect detail what I hate about anime.... :(

I hereby nominate this post as the most sensible thing I have read at LucasForums all year.;)

people that dislikes anime probably think it only consist of pokemon, yu-gi-oh type shows (which is considered more americanized).

to tell you the truth anime is far advance than american cartoons in every aspect.

you guys should check on more anime shows instead of judging anime from one show and making quick assumptions about it and saying it sucks.

you guys should check ghost in the shell, akira, ninja scroll, battle angel and see what you're missing.

Originally posted by -s/<itzo-

people that dislikes anime probably think it only consist of pokemon, yu-gi-oh type shows (which is considered more americanized).

to tell you the truth anime is far advance than american cartoons in every aspect.

you guys should check on more anime shows instead of judging anime from one show and making quick assumptions about it and saying it sucks.

you guys should check ghost in the shell, akira, ninja scroll, battle angel and see what you're missing.

I've seen Princess Mononoke, Vampire Hunter D, Starblazers, Ghost In a Shell, Akira, Robotech Macross, DBZ, Tenchi and Sailor Moon. I have tried to get into it. I suppose the best of these is Vampire Hunter D. But I have come to the conclusion that all of these are overly melodramatic, the plots are horrible, the action is a bit off and i get sick of the same emotional responses out of all the characters. The bead of sweat, the epileptic backround colors, the obnocsious noisy characters. And Princess Mononoke, was supposed to be one of the best ones, and needed therapy after that one. I still say it sucks, I've exausted my patience trying to find attraction to this stuff.

your entitled to your opinion.

but compared to today's american cartoon you think its better than anime.

if you think it is lemme know.

cuz in my book... drawing wise and the story-line, anime blows american cartoons away by miles.

the artistic view in anime is amazing. it has alot more excitement.

and the story-line is much more interesting. american cartoon's dialogue seems so concreate and lifeless.

Eh, you tried any Gundam yet? Yes, big fat mechs, but aside from that, some of it's spinoffs and the ones by the original creator are damn good. If you get past the "omgz it's teh really big robots" part, you'll see some are pretty damn good war dramas. Gundam fans recommend any of the original creators (Mobile Suit Gundam, Zeta Gundam, V Gundam, or Turn-A.) Some other series people recommend is the Gundam 0080 OVA. It provides a unique point of view on war, and the good stuff happens after episode 4, or after 3. Make sure they're unedited (or nearly) though, as I heard from other people they cut lots of stuff out. One of the most famous dubs, Sailor Moon, was hacked to ****, as I heard, as they made major charcter changes I think.

That said, I also enjoy the animes on Adult Swim, such as InuYasha (Damn hilarious.), Yu-Yu Hakusho, Mobile Suit Gundam (After the middle though, damn boring in the beginning.), Cowboy Bebop, and the occasional DBZ. (Hey I like it's mindless fights.) And anime is like Japan's version of American movies, aimed at all audiences, which explains Hamtaro......

However, I will admit that there's some rubbish out there. CoughcoughBeyBladecoughcough........

What happened to funny cartoons? That's why they were made in the first place...

Anyway, I have seen more then nausiating amount of Japanimation in my time, and Goku and Vegtable (or whatever) from DBZ were probably the most embarresing to sit through.

:cry6: You're all making me sad, boo hoo!

He he he... j/k :D

Hey, I don't blame anybody for NOT liking anime. It's the kinda thing that certain people like while others don't. A lot of it, especially the newer stuff, is anime to the extreme.

I don't like it because of T&A, silly hair, Giant Mecha, cheezy laughter, or anything like that. I like it because it's creative and it tells a story, usually a pseudo-reality that will never exist.

It's fun to watch, imo. :cool:

Originally posted by ShockV1.89

I've never liked anime. It always seemed as though the characters looked the same to me, talked the same, and so on. Seems very dry to me. And thats the "good" anime. Besides which, the names always seemed like bad translations (Cowboy Bebop?)

For real, and how about the ones with the long titles that never quit like: Record of Lodoss War - Chronicles of the Heroic Knight, Fushigi Yugi - The Mysterious Play, or Neon Genesis Evangelion, there's a moutfull.:rolleyes:

i would consider myself an anime fan....deffinately. However there are anime shows that are just awful, mainly the ones on mainstream TV (Excluding Cowboy Bebop)

Dragonball Z is awful in my opinion because half the show is goku going ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh at the screen, and the animation is just horrible.

Any Gundamn, the animation is just hideous.

here is a list of some of my favorite anime shows, perhaps some of the best out there...

King of Bandits Jing

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Slayers

Hand Maid Mei

Blue Submarine 6

Great Teacher Onizuka

Now and Then, Here and There

Cowboy Bebop

Tenchi Muyo!

Trigun

Witch Hunter Robin

Kaze no Yojimbo

Gate Keepers

Originally posted by -s/<itzo-

Now do you mean advanced as in so far fetched and out of this world that it breaks all the laws of physics and science?

You want action and fantastic stories?

What about Spawn, the uncut Animated Series:

animated_overview_photo_01_lg.jpg

Or the orignal Batman Series(yes, the one where Mark Hammil voiced The Joker):

btcn4.jpg

don't get me wrong i love the spawn and the batman cartoon shows (its sad that both were cancelled, only cartoons that i liked) but the majority of american caroons, lets face it its bad (like the new X-men show), and as far as comparing action scenes anime is superior.

anime is much more detailed when it comes to artistic views, in my mind.

like the fight scenes, explosions, guns, etc.. to me it just seems more exciting

usually anime story lines are more complex than an average american animated show. I mean....for bat man, he fights crime in Gotham City...its simple as dirt...Spiderman defends NY (i think) against bad guys...

take evangelion for example (because i assume most of you have seen a lot of it, or all of it) the plot is so complex, and with the new movies out replacing the old ending its just mind blowing to realize what is going on...that is...if you actually understand what its about. It leaves me more fulfilled than watching bat man defeat criminal after criminal....

Archived