Home

Whats with the anti spam???

JEDI_MASTA

I remember when i first came here and we were all spammers... now decently long posts are sometimes regarded as spam... I no longer have reason to spam... but the overall mood ont he forums disturbs me... we find it difficult to simply keep good topics to talk about daily... and one line posts become less and less favorable... with the decline in noobishness...

this ultimately brings on a forum that is serious, but simply not interesting. some of you guys have recently said go back and read old posts (full of spam)...

even fergie who used to be one of the greatest spammers ;)... has recently suggested cracking down on questions in the Tell You I Will thread. We seem to be taking a step away from being light hearted forumers and becoming drones of *make big posts or the deleating stick will fall upon you* (for those of you who dont get that ... dont worry... ur too young)

Masta signing out

This conflict kinda reminds me of the slave owners vs. Abolitionists in the 1850s USA...

Some people "support" the so called "bad" thing, and some are looking to rid the place of it!!

And we all know how it eventually ended.... :eek:

civil war!!! and the abolition of slavery (spam)!!! :eek:

Alright, thats a rather simple for thing for you to solve. If you don't like the forum, don't come, no one is forcing anyone to be here. To use the Civil War as an example, the Southern slaveholders didn't live in the North and pout about it, they lived in the South.

To each his own, if you want a forum of spam, go out and find one.

Besides, size of posts aren't what classify something as spam, its the relavance of it. You'll find lots recent threads that have plenty of good, relevant one or two liners. Any post is fine if its in some way relevant to the topic/suntopic, if thats not what you want, i don't know what to tell you.

Im simply stating a change in the overall mindset of the forums (mr 900 posts in one day)

and the fact that we are all bored as hell here... just noting changes that could be causing it... and noting possible looks at going back to where we are... im not stating that it should be all spam... im simply stating that we are extremely strict on what constitutes spam... and I ask you all... what was more enjoyable for you... before or after...

if u really are truthful... ull probably say before.

To use the Civil War as an example, the Southern slaveholders didn't live in the North and pout about it, they lived in the South.

But technically, they all lived in the USA...

oh well, i'm fine, I don't mind discussing interesting stuff if it's there, *personally i don't like caption contests*, but otherwise i just talk on what's there...

Originally posted by JEDI_MASTA

even fergie who used to be one of the greatest spammers ;)... has recently suggested cracking down on questions in the Tell You I Will thread.

:eek: LIES!

Really though, I do get very annoyed when I look through TUIW 3.0. 100+ pages with half of it yes or no questions or really pathetic excuses for Qs. I think most people can at least be somewhat creative with spaming and make decent Qs and As.

I remember when i first came here and we were all spammers...

Please speak for yourself. Only Compa Mighty took longer to reach his 1000 posts then me.

All the things I post have a purpose, to state my opinion, to share something or to have some fun. Never for increasing my post count or just for the sake of posting.

I still dislike spammers ... That's why I'm threathening to delete TUIQ ;)

Originally posted by Young David

I still dislike spammers ... That's why I'm threathening to delete TUIQ ;)

If you did delete it, contrary to popular belief those posts will be erased and subtracted from people's post counts. I found out it was true when I deleted a thread a little ways back and several posts were taken away from several people's post counts...oops. So if we really decide to take it down, we'll just close it.

if u really are truthful... ull probably say before.

Of course it was better before, but it WASN'T because of spam, it was because we had interesting topics and great people.

We still have some great people, but some left, and the interesting topics haven't been very plentiful, so thats why its boring, not because we don't have any spam.

And like YD said, speak for yourself. I may have lots of posts, but i think if you look that not too many of them are spam. By that, i mean that most are relevant to the topic/subtopic. I simply had more posts because i can here alot more often. Of course, i wasn't perfect, but who is? I think people all too often confuse high post count and a spammer. Look at Rogue Nine, or Redwing, their post counts are off the charts, but neither of them are widely considered spammers, nor should they be.

dang tonight i seem to be doing a real good job of P*ssing people off.

Im simply saying that there is no activity here any more... not that spamming is what cures that... but we have become encreasingly tight and we probably look far too intimidating to new people just trying to get into foruming.

its also probably because we have no game to talk about... *duh... stupidme*

Im simply saying that there is no activity here any more... not that spamming is what cures that... but we have become encreasingly tight and we probably look far too intimidating to new people just trying to get into foruming.

Well, I agree, but thats not what you said. Thats the problem. You said you liked the spam better, and i think you can see why that wouldn't be a very good thing to say.

I get what you are saying Jedi_master. Nobody be pissed at me. BUT. Okay it has taking me what 1 year to reach my thousand posts. Seriously. The other day when I posted my "INSANE Hampster topic" I was friggin DISSED upon and basically threatened that I would be banned. Even though all I was trying to do was liven the forum and see if anyone was alive out there!! I mean really. I got more replies to that thread than most of the posts had in weeks. All because it was something interesting to read - and people jumped outta the wood work to tell me I had messed up badly for making that post. Watever!! I mean loosen up people. I could understand if I made multiple threads like that or was even SPAMMING everywhere. But really...I have been here for a year and have created some interesting topics and you know there are people here bitching about this forum being dead and I don't see them posting any threads! Except for the ones saying the forum sucks. So I say that stupid. It solves nothing. I think people get a little PSYCHO with the "tattle-tailing" your spamming type crap. I'm sorry if everyone here gets mad at me - but that's my OPINION and I'm entitled to it. And this is a relevant posts - IT isn't spam and its more than :) or :rolleyes: . Than just a flippin smiley. Okay I'm done venting. I just think that people should lighten up as well.

Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

*cough*

Oh, and Sherack is not a spammer either ;)

Originally posted by STTCT

The other day when I posted my "INSANE Hampster topic" I was friggin DISSED upon and basically threatened that I would be banned.

That was a joke Shan ;) ... well at least that smilie I posted was ... regulars are not easily banned like that.

hee hee - i'm sorry to get all hormonal. Lately I've been moody and jumping to conclusions. But I'm not kidding about people flipping out and I don't mean the normal people. Or even in the thread. I just get a little upset is all! :( See I went to the TFN little discussion boards and OH MY GOD. They have like a hundred million threads. I understand they need to keep down the amount of threads etc...but they expect you to read through PAGES upon pages of threads before posting a new one. Its hard to make one that does not already exist and then to top it off if you accidently do. You get this mad attack of moderators getting all crazy closing down the thread etc. Its crazy. I Just never want to see that stuff happen here. If it got tooooo crazy here where we had topics going and everyone posted a lot and everything...then I could see a crack down on the spam. But since it has been sooo..."dead" lately. I dont' see what a little harmless posting does as long as it is done in "taste" and not entirely just...a "wtf" thread ;)

Please speak for yourself. Only Compa Mighty took longer to reach his 1000 posts then me.

Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

*cough*

Oh, and Sherack is not a spammer either ;)

*Ahem* And what of me? I took longer than all of you! :D

The liberal and conservative mindsets clash once again. :D

The conservative - Don't post unless it has meaning even if it means we have no life.

The liberal - Post all you want, even if it is pointless spam it's better than nothing.

-------------------------------------

No one get into a political debate here, cause above all I hate those, that above was just simply facts.

And as I said before, we are probably the most non-noob board alive. I don't think I've ever seen a board where the member quality was so high.

But that doesn't mean that it is boring, if you think it's boring look for something to talk about, I've probably held off of talking about alot of stuff that maybe I should've said at the time.

Oh well, the point is not to post the point is to have a good time without inhibiting other people having a good time. (e.g. spam)

So without further delay... um....

do something. :D

The best forum I have ever been to is:

http://www.deepfriedforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=68

They have been very successful and there is rarely anything too dull on it. They are always gaining members and most of the topics move so fast that anything boring is usually moved to pages after the first one that it really isnt a problem.

The reason they are so successful is that they put very few restrictions on anything and when they do they arent rude or condesending about it. They allow so called SPAM, cursing (in moderation) and a wide variety of things. I feel that is you tell people they cant put SPAM on posts then you will lose tons of forum members because alot of people out in the forums are there for you to look at the thier site/stuff/opinion and when you say up front you arent interested then why should they bother sticking around?

I dont really consider anything SPAM unless its trying to blantantly sell me something, if its just a plug its not spam.

Also if you have an area on your forums where it says GENERAL or ANYTHING goes then expect that anything will be posted even so called spam. These are just my views, I could be wrong, but I could also be right. You decide.

Archived