Home

US vs. Iraq: Opinions

Reborn Outcast

As most people may know... the US has convinced the UN to send inspectors to Iraq to search for signs of biological or long range/nuclear weapons. Recently Iraq realeased an 11,000 page report along with 12 CDs on all their experiments and the weapons they have/made. A report from the White House a few days later from an unidentified US official said that the report was just a bunch of pages meant to clog up the UN and US officials. I personally think that this is true and the US is doing the correct thing (even in preparing for war), and that George Bush is doing exactly what is needed in this situation. What are your opinions on this matter? Do you think that the US and UN are doing the correct thing in this situation or do you think that they are pushing the envelope and that Iraq really has come clean and is hiding nothing and the report is not a diversionary tactic?

Please, respond with real answers and opinions.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The file report Iraq made was just for buying them more time. It's false and everyone knows it.

However, why does this mean we should war with them? Sure, Saddam might be a dictator, but I don't believe forcing American ideals on the Iraqi people is the way to go.

Bush and Rumsfeld are war mongers. They really want to kill for popularity and oil. Sure we should get Sadam if hes a threat to the free world and his own people but not for any reason but that. I say win the people of Irag over and protect them with overwhelming force. If Sadam tries to attack them we just easily feld him off. Slowly tighten the noose as they say until he has no more power over his people cause they all on our side and are protected in every way. We build homes, hospitals, schools, and movie theaters so they can watch Star Wars ;) . Make Iraq prosperous and part of the UN and Sadam will be just a punk on the street throwing rocks!

I say once his exact location has been confirmed, which can be done eventually, just send in all the best special forces in the free world and take em all out! I mean cmon think about it. The best special forces in the world. It could be over in minutes. *tap tap* Tango down and its over. And almost no innocent casualties if none at all. Ya Saddam is good but against the free worlds best of the best of the best SIR with honors!? If they really wanted to do that they could find a way. Saddam gone Iraq is UNs. Sounds good to me.

Sadam will be just a punk on the street throwing rocks!

Are those 20 or 40 caliber rocks?:D

I say win the people of Irag over and protect them with overwhelming force. If Sadam tries to attack them we just easily feld him off. Slowly tighten the noose as they say until he has no more power over his people cause they all on our side and are protected in every way.

A problem with that is how do you defend against someone with a micro animal and who looks like everyone else on the street? Sadam is not stupid. If he is going down he will take as much as he can with him.

What I worry about is because old Osama will be able to say "There is an attack on the muslim world. We must strike back!" Then the U.S. government says "Oh look we have a terrorist attack. Give us the power and we will make you safe." Which that will not make the people safe, but most people will not know that and give up their rights. The only question after that is will we get our rights back?

They really want to kill for....oil.

Oil is more important than you think. Our wells over here are drying up and the EPA will not let us look for more. Oil is used in more things that you would think. Heck the shine on dresses sometimes is from oil.

I know how important oil is right now. It shouldnt have to be important. I dont care for oil consumption. The EPA is right. We must advance, be more efficient, make better and cleaner energy. Did you know that Honda and Toyota have prototype fuel cell cars? They run on hydrogen. The exhaust is water vapor. Giant turbens in near the ocean shoreline activated by the tide can power a city forever. And that is only scratching the serface. Its time to change, change big and for the better. Not for politics, not for popularity, not for being a rich oil tycoon and saying, "Im just a regular guy." :roleyess: I dont know what you think about the environment and the advancement of the human species but I know that the things I mentioned above are logical and reasonable. Itll take awhile to accomplish but when its all done itll be a world of difference, good difference. Think what you want about it. I dont care. I believe in doing whats right. Not what makes one rich and popular. Oh and oil spills in the ocean torturing and killing the wildlife, melting the polar ice caps, burning forests to make room for housing complexes...thats wrong, period.

Have anyone else observe this irony... in the *cough* "Axis of EVIL(must be written in CAPS as it must be emphasized as much as possible that them bad we good:rolleyes: )":

Iraq denies vehemently that they have no 'weapons of mass destruction(which shall always be written in bold to instill fear and hysteria)' and is trying every trick in the book to weasel out of their predicament - their latest trick in trying to act saintly honest and truthful (yeah...right). Yet... Bush is trying to declare War at every possible opportunity.

North Korea not ONLY openly admit in having 'weapons of mass destruction' but has recently also declared publicly that they are ignoring international laws and is perservering with developement of Nuclear Weapon capability. They also have a dictatorial regeme not uncommon to Iraq and have a history of arms trading, legal and illegal, to many parts of the world. But does Bush care? Nope. BAH! LET'S INVADE IRAQ!!! YEE-HAW!!!

Is there a double-standard?

Perhaps it could have something to do with...

OIL?

The US is doing too many things and they are over protective.

I have heard that a bus driver was getting soo ticked off that he had made a joke about taking his passengers to the Taliban.

From saying this, a few people panicked and called the police on their cell phones. Also some passegers knew that he was joking. And then a few minutes later, 18 police cars surrounded the bus with guns drawn.

The man was charged for public alarm fraud or something like that.

That to me is rediculous.

Originally posted by JediNyt

I say once his exact location has been confirmed, which can be done eventually, just send in all the best special forces in the free world and take em all out! I mean cmon think about it. The best special forces in the world. It could be over in minutes. *tap tap* Tango down and its over. And almost no innocent casualties if none at all. Ya Saddam is good but against the free worlds best of the best of the best SIR with honors!? If they really wanted to do that they could find a way. Saddam gone Iraq is UNs. Sounds good to me.

Saddam does have support of most of his people. If you simply assasin him, then one of his sons will probably take charge, and now that Iraq is mighty angry at US, they will most assurely use all their chemical and biological (if they do have some, not yet proved) at US and their allies. Assasin Saddam right away will probably make the situation worse, not better.

BTW, why should US complain about Iraq violating weapon resolutions, when the US and Israel are violating such deals themselves? And why should anyone think Saddam is more dangerous than Bush? They have both started wars, both killed innocents.

Oil is more important than you think. Our wells over here are drying up and the EPA will not let us look for more. Oil is used in more things that you would think. Heck the shine on dresses sometimes is from oil.

But still, killing innocents just because you want shining dresses is really selfish.

Oh BTW, is there anyone here that thinks one american life is worth more than one Iraqian life? Just wondering.

I do not think that one American life is worth more than one Iraqian life!!! Many people in Iraq who do not follow Sadam could achieve fame and greatness, or for all we know, solve a medical myster if they were given the chance and freedom to do so. Many Americans however, with all our freedom, choose to waste their lives away watching TV and wasting all their money. I will admit that people in Iraq do that to but because of the endless comparisons that could be discussed it all evens out... Just because people live under one cruel ruler who is so hated that he cannot stay in one place for more than one time, and are mostly poor does NOT mean that they are worth less than anybody else.

I will quote fomr the Fellowship of the Ring: "Many people that live deserve death, while many people that die deserve life. Can you give that to them..."

-Gandalf

Some of you peeps are being naive.

Saddam does NOT have the support of his people, if they do not support him they get killed. Simple as that.

In the past he killed his own people, he gassed them. Now I know the US perhaps could handle things a bit better, but what they are doing is right. Would you like to wait for a messy nuclear bomb to go off somewhere before we attack? It will be too late then..

He has consistently flouted UN regulations for the last 10 years and has not had a weapons inspector for the last 4.

Prevention is better than cure.

-W

Originally posted by Cjais

...but I don't believe forcing American ideals on the Iraqi people is the way to go.

We plan to strike because of a violation of a treaty forbidding their developing weapons of mass destruction.

Originally posted by JediNyt

I know how important oil is right now. It shouldnt have to be important. ..Did you know that Honda and Toyota have prototype fuel cell cars? They run on hydrogen. The exhaust is water vapor. Giant turbens in near the ocean shoreline activated by the tide can power a city forever.

If you truely understood the need for oil, you would have realized that oil is used for more than just a car's combustion engine...it's needed for lubricant. That huge turine would need a lot, too. Other effective(and practical) lubricants are a ways off...the most promising being Buckminster Fullerene ( or 'Buckyball') , molecular ball bearings made out of carbon.

I know how important oil is right now. It shouldnt have to be important. ..Did you know that Honda and Toyota have prototype fuel cell cars? They run on hydrogen. The exhaust is water vapor. Giant turbens in near the ocean shoreline activated by the tide can power a city forever.

Yet these things are denied to us simply because wealthy fuel companies purchase the patents to these ideas and then lock them up so nobody else can use them. This also happens in the medical field.

There were some scientists who developed a way to block a diseases ability to block the effectiveness of penicillan, which would allow penicillan to be used to cure most diseases. Penicillan is about as cheap as dirt. But drug companies bought the patent to that blocker so that they can sell their outrageously expensive drugs..i know, that's kind of off topic....but it's still sad that the possibility of advancing our society is stopped just so people can get rich :(

Originally posted by matt-windu

If you truely understood the need for oil, you would have realized that oil is used for more than just a car's combustion engine...it's needed for lubricant. That huge turine would need a lot, too. Other effective(and practical) lubricants are a ways off...the most promising being Buckminster Fullerene ( or 'Buckyball') , molecular ball bearings made out of carbon.

There is always a way. We just need to let our scientists do their jobs. Theyll find a way. And Im sure that there are more ways to lubricate little things like what you mentioned without digging for oil.

Thx ET Warrior its nice to know there are open minded people like you around. Man if I had the Force Id go visit the Whitehouse for a while. The Force can have a strong influence on the weak minded.

IT'S OBVIOUS He has weapons that are sittin their asses in thye middle of nowhere. We can't wait to long. When we have the chance we should STRIKE. Their nothing but cowards and they have people as I'll qoute from Reborn Outcast "Many people in Iraq who do not follow Sadam could achieve fame and greatness, or for all we know, solve a medical myster if they were given the chance and freedom to do so." so in shorter terms people with a high intallect but smothered by greed of power and lies.

Do you think they care about the needs of other people. They just want to try (which they won't) overcome one of the most powerful countries in the world. Nobody likes those countries. When we destroy Sadam they will be cheering at games, women will wear the close of the women in other countries, They can have the most important rite, CHOICE.

But this won't be given if we get fooled by a fool. He has weapons he is a liar. I have some crappy liars in my class and seen worsers. But he is basicly saying he is lying. So we should attack as soon as possible. These people need to be free. I saw a documantery about those people. They can barely do anything that you don't even need to think about asking for. Simple just attack!!!

Archived