Home

Zam Wesell Project being started

NeoMarz1

Marz: Im not only putting it in the weapons pack.. I like it so much after ive given it the real zam sniper rifle sound that im going to include it in the next omnimod.

Originally posted by NeoMarz1

You know... that is so cool when someone likes your work enough to sponser it in a weapons pack! So cool! I'll have to download it, and see what he did.

On another note, I missed a small detail on the rifle... Or should I say that Lucas arts did. Let me explain... I got most my imagery from the "Attack of the clones visual dictionary". In the book they show the rifle with a single scope. Recently I went to look at the Zam Wesell doll (which the doll itself sucks badly), and I looked at the rifle, Guess what? It has Dual scopes! At first I didnt know what to think, then I went to the DVD to get confirmation. Yes it does have a dual scopes (or maybe a scope with a side computer). I may change it, we'll have to see. Mars out!

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by DeadlyBOFH

Marz: Im not only putting it in the weapons pack.. I like it so much after ive given it the real zam sniper rifle sound that im going to include it in the next omnimod.

Thats great! I can't wait to see the mod! Should be awesome!

I Finally got good references for Version 2.0. If your sound bite is better than what I got, can I use it? Mars out!

:D***** Smashing News from Mars*****:D

I just totally finished the Speeder. I decided to Map it first (for the purposes of learning). It came out way better than expected. Screens will be up soon. Get ready for something special;) I am Skinning Zam Tonight!!!!! Wish me luck! Mars out!

Originally posted by Wolfey

Wow, Marz!

The model is looking soo awesome, i just cant wait till it gets skinned :drool1:!

Cheers!

Well, I just finished skinning the Head/helmet area. I'll try to get "H2O" to put the screens up.

On the same note: Here is a question for those who have mapping knowledge... I have the helmet, goggles, and head mapped separetely. How can I get them on the same Bit Map? As you know the "Texporter" for 3Dmax only allows you to pick a single object. Since the helmet, goggles, and head are separate objects, I cant get them on the same bitmap. What can I do here? Mars out!

You have to attach them to one another, assign different face ID to them before tho.

First, unwrap all of the objects, once you're done, assign a different material ID to each.

To change a material id, go in sub-object mode>Faces (or polygon) scroll down the list until you see the material ID spinner (where you can add auto smooth).

Select all of the object's faces and type in a number, 1 for the helmet, 2 for the goggles and the head would be 3 (or any number you want).

The reason you do this, is that once your uvwmap is exported, you can go back and detach the objects from one another just by selecting the material id they were assigned.

If you wanted to detach the head, you would go in sub-object mode, polygon>go to the material id section, type 3 in the "select by material id" dialog and voila! you have all the head's surface, all you have to do is detach it and change it's name back.

Back to the subject...

"once they have different material IDs, you can attach them together."

This will make 1 big mesh formed by the 3 objects with different material IDs (when max ask if you want to assign different materials simply click "keep material id" i dont have max running but its something like that).

Next apply an unwrap modifier and scale/move the uvwmaps so they fit the "texture space". When happy with the layout you can export the texture maps with Texporter. Once it's done you can detach them from one another. When you apply the new textures to each they will only cover the part you told 'em to.

Hope this helps

:D :D :D More Screens :D :D :D

Heres the screens I promised (Thanks again H2O).

http://www.talocan.net/mars/zammapped1.jpg

http://www.talocan.net/mars/zammapped2.jpg

http://www.talocan.net/mars/zammapped3.jpg

http://www.talocan.net/mars/zamspdrskinned1.jpg

http://www.talocan.net/mars/zamspdrskinned2.jpg

http://www.talocan.net/mars/zamspdrskinned4.jpg

http://www.talocan.net/mars/zamspdrskinned5.jpg

I will have to make some adjustments to the speeder. The running rail lights are missing, and it seems as that there are two versions out there. Single seat or passenger. I made it single, but it's passenger seat in the movie (oops). Mars out!

Woah. :eek: Amazing!

Great work Marz. :thumbsup:

Are you planning to make an alternate clawdite head / body for the Zam model? I think you might've said something about it earlier. :)

Both models look nicely well made. I envy your artistic crafting skills. ;):D

Originally posted by Hèkx Nòxú

Woah. :eek: Amazing!

Great work Marz. :thumbsup:

Are you planning to make an alternate clawdite head / body for the Zam model? I think you might've said something about it earlier. :)

Both models look nicely well made. I envy your artistic crafting skills. ;):D

Well, I'm thinking about it. Havent decided yet. I plan on doing a lot of skin varients for Zam. Maybe Desert, and Congo varient. It seems to me that Zam has probably been on several different bounty/assassin missions. I think she probably would have all kinds of cool equipment that would be usefull in all kinds of terrain. Where Jango has lots of cool weapons like flamethrower, claw gaunts, etc. Zam seem to be a bare knuckles bounty professional. She uses a sniper rifle, short range pistol, and uses her speeder to get in and out of action. I would go so far as to say she would definately have black suit for night missions. The fact that she would where a veil (even though she's morpher), shows to me that she would wear just about anything that would give her the advantage. Mars out!

Originally posted by Lord Tnuc

Good ideas, Marz. Perhaps I might have some suggestions for some ideas or whatnot? I have a few good ones. You might like them, actually. There any way for me to get ahold of you?

I have AIM.

Well you could use my E-mail (which is posted all over this thread). I need to get IM. Is that AOL IM? Mars out!

The model looks good so far, but there's a few things that need to be worked on:

The top lip sticks out too far, almost looks like she has a swollen lip.

There is a crease in the nose section that needs to be removed.

The ear coverings, or whatever they're called, need to look like they're seperate from the face. Right now it looks like they're attached to the skin on her head.

Originally posted by morphius_doh

The model looks good so far, but there's a few things that need to be worked on:

The top lip sticks out too far, almost looks like she has a swollen lip.

There is a crease in the nose section that needs to be removed.

The ear coverings, or whatever they're called, need to look like they're seperate from the face. Right now it looks like they're attached to the skin on her head.

Yeah, I just removed the nose crease... kinda thought it looked funny too. The Comms gear isn't attached. I just snugged em up tight because there arent any back faces on em. I may pull em out a bit any how, cuz I'm not sure how they will render in-game. I'll take another look at the lips. The face has been matched to photos, but that doesnt mean that its perfect by any means. Mars out.

I find the model looks different in game than it does in modview or the modelling program. It is annoying to have to re-tweak the mesh after you have weighed it and got it in game, but very necessary in most cases.

THe model is coming out great mars. I can barely wait for it. :D

Originally posted by ksk h2o

I find the model looks different in game than it does in modview or the modelling program. It is annoying to have to re-tweak the mesh after you have weighed it and got it in game, but very necessary in most cases.

THe model is coming out great mars. I can barely wait for it. :D

Lets hope I dont have to do much re-tweaking. I have already had to back track on this model, and its a bit frustrating (sigh);) ... so on that point, The model is moving along still, but I had to redo the maps. Since I had to do that, I went back and made even more tweaks on the figure and head. This model should come out even better than before (thats what we want right?). I feel good though, cuz this model has received more attention than anything else I've done for this game. I know that the next model will be alot easier. Be patient everyone, cuz you should see a fully skinned model when the next screenies come out;) Mars out!

Archived