Home

Points?

Surfnshannon

Originally posted by Flanders

But we all know what the best forum is.....

The swamp!

AAAAH-hahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa.....whew! That was good...oh wait, you were serious, weren't you? Ah well... :p

Anyway, I dunno what to think about this points system...it seems rather odd to me...but being able to change someone else's title might be funny...if done right...maybe change their avatar, too...usernames should not be changed & mod-for-a-day sounds iffy at best....stickeying things is ok, b/c mods can just go back and un-sticky them afterwards

Edit: and I believe the correct answer to Havoc's Transformers Armada question was the MiniCONS...not bots....ah crap, I've set off the geek alarms again...

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Darth Homer

ah crap, I've set off the geek alarms again...

Don't worry they've stopped listening to you :-p

I don't really care much about these. Although the weird thing is that Eets thought the same thing not too long ago...

I like the Sticky idea, if you have a thread that tells people about something important, but doesn't have much reply potential you can use that.

For example my "Music" thread.

Man I need some points...

Originally posted by Darth Homer

Edit: and I believe the correct answer to Havoc's Transformers Armada question was the MiniCONS...not bots....ah crap, I've set off the geek alarms again...

You are Correct.... GEEK! *Points at Homer and laughs*

Wait a second, if I knew he was right then I must be....

DOH!

:p

there's already been an increase on these boards, posts I have no care to read at all, they're just there to get points, I personally hate the system and don't want this points thing because GB ahs worked hard to establish itself is a place where even semi-spam isn't wanted, and the people who come here like it that way.

This whole point thing destroys our fragile environment. I want to voluntarily not recieve any points for my posting because I think they are of the devil. Some people just aren't mature enough to handle this point thing without spamming to get more points.

BAH! where can I officially register my complaint?

Originally posted by Artoo

there's already been an increase on these boards, posts I have no care to read at all, they're just there to get points, I personally hate the system and don't want this points thing because GB ahs worked hard to establish itself is a place where even semi-spam isn't wanted, and the people who come here like it that way.

This whole point thing destroys our fragile environment. I want to voluntarily not recieve any points for my posting because I think they are of the devil. Some people just aren't mature enough to handle this point thing without spamming to get more points.

BAH! where can I officially register my complaint?

If you dont like the new system, ignore it.

I would agree with you, Niner, if this were any other board. In the swamp, it will definately happen at least a little, no doubt about it. But its already pretty bad there anyways.

I mean, how many times have you seen mod-powers used here in the last several months? Maybe i'm just blind, but i can't remeber a single one besides stickfying things.

I have noticed a few tacker-ons that i haven't noticed here before. To get more points, maybe? I don't know.

Aristotle is taking that out, its too hazardous.

Imagine if some noobie got hold of it, he would ban alot of people.

Imagine if Viper secertly got back and got that many points and....oooooo, take that option out now!

(for those of you who don't know who Viper is, just imagine a program that spews forth nothing but obscenities and insults)

Aristotle is taking that out, its too hazardous.

Imagine if some noobie got hold of it, he would ban alot of people.

Well for one a Newb would have to post quite a bit to get 3000 posts, and also Mods can only Ban SNs, not IP bans. Also-Mods control, normally, 1 Forum, Sub-Forum, or Forum Grouping (ie: Off-topic, Star Wars RPG, or Galactic Battlegrounds)

But, yeah, even with the limitations placed upon Moderators, it is too dangerous.

If you dont like the new system, ignore it.

How can I ignore it perchance hmmmmmm?

It's all around us, I've seen a huge revival in nearly pointless posts in this board double posting, even downright spam like that post. It's all cause of this point thing.

And just how am I supposed to ignore it? It's all around me, I can't ignore other peoples posts! They're what I read.

(great now I'm all agitated over this entire thing. thank you world)

Feeling jealous, Homer? ;)

Its not possible to get credits without posting, i don't think. It must be a test. But then why not just give him a ton of credits? "Hmmmm....dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is."

Honestly, i wouldn't worry about it. If your thinking he'll become a mod and screw up the entire system, he still has a very long way to go.

Archived