Home

Points?

Surfnshannon

ya it looks different in other forums....

like if you look in the swamp....the name looks very nice.

Here skid marks

So it didn't look like that when I bought it... u can choose all different colors...most didn't look good.

Guess you just have to take your chances.

I was trying to convince Gonkh8ter to give it away to someone (Sivy B) because he posts a lot on the swamp and it looks good there. But for me...at gb...looks like a skid mark.

and you can't alter it after you pick it....

at first I liked this points thing..

but after i wasted my money on the hotel room (which is not a chat??!?!) and then on this smurfy name...i don't know if I'm liking it...and

Suddenly my freekin name is changed to Pirate Monkey or something...

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon

judging from most of the last ten replies focusing on ' smurf poop', i don't think it is bogus.

let's keep on topic here, ok guys ?

Well, Leon, in our defense, the "smurf poop" is directly related and decidedly on topic with the point sytem. It is in regards to the rewards for the point system. Specifically the "glowing name" reward. It looks like crap in this forum because it's making black text glow as opposed to the white text in most other forums' layouts. So we are discussing the extreme let down that the point system is now becoming.

So you see, it is very much on topic. Besides... It's me! How often to I go off-topic? ;)

Originally posted by STTCT

hey be nice....its not my fault!!!

Damn glowy name!

All that hard work...panhandeling and for what??

a blue blob for a name??

it looks good on the other forums who have white for the text...but this on gb...

it looks like....

SMURF POOP!!!

I want a refund too! I wanted mine to be yellow!

Seriously I do! =]

And they call it a glow name and it doesent even glow! What a rip off, it looks like someone spray painted it on.

I wonder what italic looks like.......

Heck we used to have sig images without needing some jack-squat point system! :cool:

The only good things people can do with these points once they've spammed enough to get them are to pay the ransom for our sig images, or terrorize other users by changing their rank or user name! :D

Eh - sorry bout going a little crazy about the way my glow name looks. But I'm very much dissapointed in it. I was all for the defending of the point system until....I saw some of the rewards. The glow name is hideous on this forum. On the swamp it looks pretty cool, but here...eh you know what it looks like. Scooby Doo Mobile text. The other dissapointment was the hotel room. I still do not understand the point of it. I wrote in the feedback forum my thoughts on it and was told it was not a chat room. Well...then what is it? You can't post a topic....you don't know when someone responds to your post...I mean...what is it other than a spam board aka chat room? I just wanted to know if others were dissapointed as well or maybe perhaps their thoughts about what is good with the system. So far I'm seeing the negative.

I think the signiture prize should be taken away, because it will lag up the forums, everyone will use it so thats ALOT of lag for 56kers, and I dont like signiture pictures, it kinda makes a forum look "messy"

Originally posted by Flanders

I wonder what italic looks like.......

probably a lot like this: Flanders

I am not too impressed with the prizes either...the sig image is all that I'm really interested in...but I have no image I want to use, so it's pretty much pointless...no pun intended...

Originally posted by Rogue Nine

Try telling that to a person using a 56k modem and trying to load up a page of 40 posts where 90% of the posters have image sigs.

But 90% won't have them. Not everyone even has a banner to put in their sig should they have enough points.

Personally, i think it was a brilliant idea. ;)

I'm a 56ker and I want those sig images back, they were so cool!

Anyway their ransoming them from us, forcing us to spam until we have enough points to get them back. :mad:

I want my sig images back without having to bow down to the point system. :(

Even so, the banners will be quite large and take up a while to load. And believe me, if someone wants a banner in their sig bad enough, they'll go out and post (read: spam) like crazy to get it. Which is exactly what I don't want happening. What I don't think anyone wants to happen. The waiting time for sigs to load and the spamming.

Well, i disagree, some people may have some large ones, but thats why they should have size limits as well as the length/width ones.

I mean, look at the banners in my sig, they are under 20k combined, thats less than an avatar, and i wouldn't have both if i used the img tags. Most .jpgs under the limits are very small, the problem would come when you get .gifs that are animated, but i still don't think it will cause very much trouble.

Archived