Home

Satan!

Datheus

To commemorate my 666th post... I thought I'd start an open end thread about Satan *gasp*

Anything goes...

Anyone have stories dealing with wierd stuff like that?

Anyone a Satanist and would like to tell their side of the story?

Parody pictures?

Maybe strange tidbits, like why is 666 the mark of the beast? (It's beyond me...)

To get the ball rolling...

Check out this essay

2. For those readers who don’t read the beginning, or else don’t read carefully, I will reiterate this: I do not believe that the Devil (or Lucifer) exists. I take Lucifer merely as a symbol of rationality and independent thought. Since I don’t believe that Lucifer exists, I am not calling for a new religion of Lucifer-worship, or following of Lucifer. By "praise Lucifer" I was only intending a tongue-in-the-cheek way of calling for a questioning of dogma, an affirmation of rationality and independent thinking. Following, obeying, and worshipping are not part of my own philosophy of life.

3. I’m amazed at the number of people who seem to think I’m a Satanist. If you are a Satanist, please don’t write to me in support. I find Satanism even more silly than Christianity. The former includes most of the irrational beliefs of the latter, but adds an adolescent need to rebel or shock.

He adresses some good points, and every Christian ought to read it.

Archived