• no
    • sorta
    • WTF IS ANIME!!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Cjais

Things I hate about anime:

1) Schoolgirls. Why do japanese have this unhealthy fixation for schoolgirls????

2) Mechs. Grow up, Robotech was fun when you were a kid - now it's just lame. And mechs are tactically the most stupid vehicle you could ever imagine. Tanks could beat them anyday.

3) The facial expressions. WHY oh why oh why do they have to look so goofy? It's ridiculous.

4) Plots that involve the whole world, and more often than not, the whole universe. Please. This is something low budget writers do to convey a cheap sense of epic feeling.

5) The hair. It makes me puke. To get those sort of hair-do's, you'd have to use two bottles of vax.

The rest is just crap, but I felt like highlighting these two.

1. Japanese are obsessed with 'cuteness', don't argue with it :D

2. They're all fictional... IT'S NOT REAL. It's not like the US is gonna create it's own Mecha and go fight terrorists with it O.o

3. Come on you gotta have a sense of humor.

4. Well at least they're thinking of the rest of the world then themselves all the time :lol:

5. *shrugs* that's what makes em unique. To have hair styles that you could not be able to get. But there are anime characters with very real hair styles, don't just poke at the things u see as bad...

Guess once u make up your mind to hate somethin u hate it forever then huh :D

Originally posted by Cjais

Mechs scream "Please hit me! PLEASE HIT ME! I'M A BIG FAT TARGET!" all over the place. Their legs are way too vulnerable. They can be seen from miles away. If they trip, they're dead.

God, they're not animated prototypes for real mecha's that are gonna be made. it's a show meant to be enjoyed cause its got a lotta explosions and things gettin blown up. I remember designing my own Star Wars starfighter just for the hell of it and posting it up. One person came in and pointed out EVERY real life fault with it saying it would never be able to hack it against an F18 and all that crap... :lol: ...gawd, it's only a fictional design, bleah.

As far as Mecha's go, I liked the Tactical Armours from Gasaraki, they're kewl :D

Originally posted by ShockV1.89

Yeah, I'd forgotten the hair. Hehe...

Another thing, the voices... they must use the same 10 people to do the voice overs for those shows....

There are hundreds of anime voice actors out there, using the same 10 people to do EVERY anime show would be impossible :rolleyes:

Unk... I dun care if people hate anime... I just don't like it when people think they can understand anime 100%... I know I can't but I'm doing my best to try to watch and understand as many animes as possible... bleah

I like a lot of anime... so far my favs would have to be

The BGC series (there's about 5 of em at the moment)

Dragonball (it's furny :D, the Japanese version is better though)

DBZ (it has its moments...)

Cardcaptors (tease me if you will, but the show was fun!!)

Neon Genesis Evangelion (Such a good story and such a deep look at the characters lives

Gasaraki (Nice battle scenes... very political in some places)

Rurouni Kenshin (can't forget this one :D)

Ninja Scroll (one of the first animes I saw actually, I watched it when I was little and it freaked me out :lol:)

Transformers (a good classic, can't leave it out)

Robotech (another classic)

Perfect Blue (very well made, alwayz makes me think real hard everytime i watch it)

Zoids (Chaotic Century and Guardian Force were great, New Century Zero was just made to sell the toys... Blade Liger rulez :D)

Ghost in the Shell (very detailed and lotsa great action, i loved it :D)

These are only some of the animes I've seen too...

Archived