1. 1. do you like anime

• yes
    • no
    • sorta
    • WTF IS ANIME!!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lynk I dont plan on picking on you for your choices... :) to each his own... and im sure every anime nut has atleast one show theyve seen and semi like but wont admit to it... :)

As for my next anime purchuse... possible more slayers or more gundam...

Japanese thoughts and culture is very different from the American. This simple logic explains why to someone's opinion, anime is better than cartoons and vice versa. It just depends on one's upbringing and what one is willing to accept afterwards. Personally, I keep an open mind about things. Sure, some cartoons may be good and all, but I would never say that it would come at par with anime.

The rule in Japan is that if a movie can be done by real actors in a live action film, then it can be done by animated characters in an anime. In fact, at times it is preferred since what can be drawn has no bounds. A film that would be excessively costly by real actors could be done at a mere fraction of the cost in animated form. Thus just about any theme can be found in anime. These can range from explicit violence to educational childrens shows. Unlike American cartoons which are geared towards kids.

Overall, though, anime are directed at a wide audience. As such, they normally have stories that do not insult the intelligence of the viewer, though still understandable by children. Likewise the characters have complex personalities and sometimes the line between good and evil becomes vague. Concepts such as sex, death and failure are not avoided. This leads to the misconception that anime are all sex and violence.

But unfortunately, anime gets mistaken to be no different with cartoons. Don't you just hate it when someone would say; "You still watch that?" or "Aren't you a bit too old to be watching cartoons?", and that is, while you're watching a good anime? Let's face it, there's a wall between anime and cartoons... and it's what makes anime so great, and I consider myself lucky that I'm one of those who are "blessed" to see this wall.

Originally posted by -s/<itzo-

But unfortunately, anime gets mistaken to be no different with cartoons. Don't you just hate it when someone would say; "You still watch that?" or "Aren't you a bit too old to be watching cartoons?", and that is, while you're watching a good anime?

Yeah I get that a lot... even when I was watchin Ninja Scroll O.o Hmmm... some people... ah wellz. Yes, cartoons and anime are both variations of animation. But like u said skitz, there is a wall between anime and cartoons. I picture cartoons to be more looney tunes, bugs bunny and mickey mouse, everything i liked when i was a lil kid, but anime is considered no different from normal live action shows. Just wish some people would understand that before they go off saying bad things about it.

Originally posted by Lynk Former

Yeah I get that a lot... even when I was watchin Ninja Scroll O.o Hmmm... some people... ah wellz. Yes, cartoons and anime are both variations of animation. But like u said skitz, there is a wall between anime and cartoons. I picture cartoons to be more looney tunes, bugs bunny and mickey mouse, everything i liked when i was a lil kid, but anime is considered no different from normal live action shows. Just wish some people would understand that before they go off saying bad things about it.

true i get that also.

Originally posted by Lynk Former

Once again... Lynk walks in and speaks the strait up truth about it... :S

Anime in japan can hit every age group... litrally... and most of the anime in the theater is aimed at the 18-24 age group... :)

*starts chasing skate boy with a statue of vampire hunter D*

ill kill ya

I tried to start a thread like this several times but noone liked anime at that time then of course I think that it may just have been the fact that I made the thread :( :( :(

Archived