• no
    • sorta
    • WTF IS ANIME!!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Cjais

Things I hate about anime:

1) Schoolgirls. Why do japanese have this unhealthy fixation for schoolgirls????

2) Mechs. Grow up, Robotech was fun when you were a kid - now it's just lame. And mechs are tactically the most stupid vehicle you could ever imagine. Tanks could beat them anyday.

3) The facial expressions. WHY oh why oh why do they have to look so goofy? It's ridiculous.

4) Plots that involve the whole world, and more often than not, the whole universe. Please. This is something low budget writers do to convey a cheap sense of epic feeling.

5) The hair. It makes me puke. To get those sort of hair-do's, you'd have to use two bottles of vax.

Thou art a wise man, Cjais. :thumbsup: It seems to run in the blood of us Scandinavians! I couldn't have said it better myself if I...had not, like...said it earlier in this thread. But I forgot to mention the hair! Good one.

No wait...I'm not scandinavian! Oh hell...you know what I mean. :D

Two words: Cowboy Bebop. The first and only anime series I have ever seen, and I love it to bits. It is amazing; funny, clever, sophisticated, complex and invloving, all wrapped into one, starring the most insane cast of characters. For my favourite character, Spike is a close second to Ein;)lol

Originally posted by BlackDove

Not Zero or Eva they wouldn't

I feel like elaborating.

Mechs scream "Please hit me! PLEASE HIT ME! I'M A BIG FAT TARGET!" all over the place. Their legs are way too vulnerable. They can be seen from miles away. If they trip, they're dead.

The only use for mechs would be in mountain terrain, and even then, the mech would resemble a spider to bring it lower to the ground, and stabilize it with more than 4 legs.

Of course, this does not take into account the myriad of sci fi mechs who're invisible, can repair on the run, and transform themselves into fighter jets in 10 seconds. But put all that junk on a tank and you'd fare much better.

i like anime...but i have my likes and dislikes.

im not even gona list, there are a lot that i like...ill jsut list the ones i cant stand. i absolutely cannot stand bragonball z, yu gi oh and most gundam and initial D. to be honest i really cant stand most of the animes that are on TV here in america...i wish theyd show the good ones, but then again they probably arent allowed to =\

Cjais your missing the point of the mechas... there sappose to resemble humans... and have the vercitilty of them too... True its an unrealistic design concept of mechs... but its still a fun fantasy... :S its all in amatter of taste... much like the choice between a broad sword and a saber... :S broad sword has two edges a saber only has one long bowed blade... :S

Originally posted by Camus

Cjais your missing the point of the mechas... there sappose to resemble humans... and have the vercitilty of them too... True its an unrealistic design concept of mechs... but its still a fun fantasy... :S its all in amatter of taste... much like the choice between a broad sword and a saber... :S broad sword has two edges a saber only has one long bowed blade... :S

True, I'm just ranting because that's what I do.

But I can't see the point in including these silly mechs in near every damn sci fi anime. Is there some sort of competetion going on, to see which anime can include the most silly things of the genre at once?

Ever anime feels the same to me, except the aforementioned two examples.

But this is all IMHO, of course.

:S I take it you must have a poor selection of anime where you live Cjais... :S trust me... Mecha genre is rather small compared to the fantasy genre... O_o trust me... for every Mecha there is about a 2-3 fantasy... there are a lot more fantasy type anime out there... O_o

:S I tried to make a list of fantasy genre... but geeze to many O_O

http://animeart.com/a.shtml

O_O theres a lot of anime out there... :D

Archived