Home

Escape From Monkey Island Icon

Jaws

How do you feel about the Escape from Monkey Island Icon ?

I really think they could have done it a lot better .

It really should be a headshot of Guybrush or something ... not a monkey.....

any other perspectives ?

I think it looks pretty nice, although you can change it to a different one if you like. Download some here, then right click on the game on your desktop, select "properties" and then "change icon". Browse to where you unzipped the icon and enjoy. There’s another icon supplied in EMI, though, a skull and crossed-bananas I believe. Also worth a try.

Share and enjoy.™

Ah, it's curious that you ask, because I always change the icons from the desktop (even if the game or the program is going to be a short time in my computer). Regarding Lucasarts I have a huge collection, not that I don't like the originals, but well, I like to customize everything...:D

What I really disliked is the use of the FOA box cover art for THE INFERNAL MACHINE icon. What a lack of imagination!:mad:

I kinda liked the monkey...

Originally posted by ThunderPeel2001

I didn't like the EMI icon either. What's worse though is the "CD" icon that pops up whenever something is loading... just to remind you that this beautifully crafted world of pirates is really just a computer game... eek!

Couldn't they have picked something a little more original??

~ Johnny

and it doesn't even look right. the couloured lights bends after going through the middle, it was very badly done. the Comi hourglass was better.

Remi, I like to listen to unique, fresh music when I play a new game. When I heard CMI's music in EMI I couldn't stop thinking of how it was used in CMI, so it basically ruined the effect for me. I don't care that they reused the actual themes from CMI, in fact I enjoyed hearing my old favourites in a new style. I just hated how they ripped the music for the intro. :/

Plus I like to have new music for my elite soundtrack collection. :D

I could really care less about the music, it's almost the same in all of them, but the MI1 music at the beginning is probably my favorite, I don't know why. It's probably because it's the original or something.

As for the icon, the monkey was really a sucky icon, as they could've used it for any one if there were icons for all of them. I'm sure they could've come up with something better than that, like, well, something better. Especially with that weird puke green colored c or whatever that's behind it. Maybe they could have put the Monkey Island logo name thing for the icon instead, except that would probably be even less original. I dunno.

To me the icon doesn't really matter too much unless I can't tell what it leads to.

Archived