Home

Story Game

spoon_man

He had sat up straight, wiped the sweat off his forehead and swung his legs out of his bed to get up. He screamed out in terror, there was no firm ground beneath him!

oh right, that rules part wasn't your line of the story, doh

---

Suddenly Sam jerked the wheel to divert a direct hit with a hunchbacked old lady who had just done her grocery shoppings. As the car speeded up the side-way it came to a quick stop as hit a mailbox. Max, not wearing a sealbelt, smashed to the window. Enveloppes flew in the air and came down on the front window of the car. One of them was...pink!

Max, however, being rather psychotic, eats his way up through the mammoth and appears out of his mouth.

"A-ha!" he exclaims, jovially.

"Not now!" said Sam, though he was relieved that his buddy was safe. "I have a letter!"

"open it!" said Max.

"Its from the commisioner!" said Sam in mock suprise.

Joey The Fish.

"You are invited to my birthday party", Sam read, "which is to be held in the farthest depths of the Pacific Ocean, on October 3rd. Please bring cake.

P.S. If you do not come, I will personally destroy mankind! Have a nice day."

The crime-busting duo stood looking at each other for a moment, before Max suddenly exclaimed...

"You dolt! You're reading it backwards!"

"Oh yes," said Sam, embarrased. Since losing his glasses reading had become more of a chore than ever. "It must be that new code the commisioner told us about. Hmmm..."

ytrap yadhtrib ym ot tedivni era uoY

"What does that mean??!" said Max in excitement.

"I dunno. I'll just check the code translater book.... OH NO!"

"What is it???" asked Max, feverish with anticipation.

commisioner? i thought they were freelance police :p

oh well..

"Well" explained Sam, when I re-arrange the letters you get:

'open the manhole cover below and find your nekst clue.

greets from

Fat Piollo the Chicken'

And then it gives some random letters that were encapsulated in the code to create the fake message. They are:

'Y are ivid y irtdy aty, Sam ra, ic s to b ed i the hs nddh of th cOea, actber r3. Pelas bir ae P.noS. I do wit ce, I psnptay deoy mani! Ha a i dy.'"

Doesn't the commisioner phone them up at the start of Hit the Road? Anyway...

Sam slowly lifted up the manhole cover with baited breath. It was dark, and a ladder descended down into the murky depths. Before he could stop him, Max leapt into the hole.

"Little buddy!" cried Sam in shock.

*BANG*

"This doesn't look like a sewer Sam" - it was Max! He was ok. Max followed him down, using the more conventional ladder approach.

Sam found himself lowering into a dark room, with lots of terminals and monitors. A lit passageway led off to one side, and Sam could see Max's shadow from within. He followed. A voice seemed to be coming from the end of the corridor.

"Friends? Friends?? We've only gone out together 3 times and already you're saying you just want to be friends??"

"I'm getting a sense of deja vu here Max" said Sam nervously.

"Sam, don't say deja vu, you sound like Threepwood when you say that."

They listened to some more of the conversation from the end of the tunnel:

"For that... you'll fry like a pork sausage!"

*CRASH*

"This doesn't look like the Lincoln Tunnel Sam..."

"No. Looks like a mildy volatile Hostage situation Max"

"What the hell is going on??" asked Max.

"I'll tell you" said a sinister voice from behind them.

They stepped back in horror as a purple tentacle with stumpy arms hopped into the light. "You've entered a time paradox by using my illegal-chrono-johns in the car park at Snuckeys. Now you must go back in time to stop this event in the next room from ever occuring. It is vital to my world domination plans that this mad scientist robot kills that woman."

"Why is that, you disgusting ball of slime?" asked Sam, finding new courage.

"Because I need the world to believe that the robot in there can take over the world - that way, when I stop him, all will love Purple Tentacle!"

"What should we do Sam?" asked Max.

Because, Max, it's a great idea for a new adventure game cross over." Sam explained. "Oh." Said Max. "Okay let's go!" Max exclaimed while jumping around. As they left. Purple Tentacle yelled to them, "Yes. Go you nieve... human... dog rabbit... uh, Thing! Mwahahaha!!" They went into the cron-o'-jhon and after what must have been that Woodstock thing Sam's mom and dad are always talking about. Before they knew it thay were at the carnalval!

"Dag-nammit!" said Sam.

"Oooh ooh, can we go on the cone of tragedy??" asked Max eagerly.

"Only if we don't have to go on the tunnel of love" replied Sam.

"I told you that we shouldn't have gone on the cone of tragedy!" said Sam angrily. He had lost his wallet; it had flown out of his pocket during the ride.

They arrived at the lost and found, and Sam presented his ticket.

"here you go" spat the attendant, handing Sam his wallet. But what was this?

"what's that Sam?" asked Max.

"I dunno, looks like a blue-print...."

Sam unfolded the paper.

"Its designs for a 'mad-scientist-robot'," he said, " - it says 'world domination plans: step 4' in the corner."

"So, I guess Purple wants us to build his robot for him" said Max angrily.

"I guess so, lil' buddy" replied Sam.

"But who knows how to build a robot? What we need is a geek, someone who knows about this kinda stuff...."

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" said Bernard.

He opened his door to see a shamus canine in a blue suit and a hyperkinetic-rabbity-thing. He fainted.

Archived