Home

Guilty!

Darth Groovy

What are some of the nasty collector's habbits that you are guilty of? Don't be bashful! :p One thing I am guilty of is buying mulitiple figures. Especially stormtroopers, battle droids, and Clone troopers. I usually go and get about anywhere from 4-10 at once. I have dozens of stromtroopers, Royal Guard, Snowtroopers, Tie Pilots, At-At Pilots, whatever. So next time you go to the stores and wonder why you can't find guys like that, it's because of greedy men like me.

I like to make diorammas using computer enlarged backdrops of movie sets, then glue those images to posterboard, and then stand my 3 and 3/4" guys in front of them, re-creating classic movie scenes. As soon as I revamp my dioramas, i'll post some photos of them. My favorite scene is one I made with a handful of sandtroopers, some sand, Luke's speeder, Obi-wan and 2 droids. "You don't need to see his identification, you can go about your business, move along..." :D I see in the Jawa Trader that Stoormtrooper "troop builder sets" are now available. :D

Another one of my habbits is keeping tabs on the toy shipments on all the major chains. At one point, I even knew which carriers brought in all the Hasbro toys, but I honestly don't follow that closely anymore. I find most of my best guys now, when I am not looking for them. Always in the early afternoon, in the middle of the week is the best time to find anything where I live.

i too tend to buy multiple figures like you do also i buy two to keep in the package-there are no collectors where i live besides zbomber so i pick him up 1 if there is another and try and make sure any other new ones are in the front for one collecotr i met one time in wal-mary and toys r us the rest are scalpers.

I get many Stormies, Sandtroopers, and Clonetroops. Everyone else, I don't have on display, soooo.

I can't wait for the Sandtrooper Army-Builder pack. I have an awesome Cantina scene. Just wish I could share them all with you guys, but I don't have a digital camera. Still waiting for my sister to get back from college for it...

I'd say I'm guilty of loosing the guns for the action figures when I was younger....

And I also used to build them into creations I made with Legos :D

I'm guilty of selling 2/3 of my origninal figures at a baseball card show at the mall, and used the money to buy rookie cards of all my favorite hockey players. All I have left of the old ones are 7 figures: Bespin Han, Chewie, Bespin Leai, Vader, Bespin Guard, Snowtrooper, and 8D-88. :mad:

The figures I have now, will be burried with me in my coffin.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

I'm guilty of selling 2/3 of my origninal figures at a baseball card show at the mall, and used the money to buy rookie cards of all my favorite hockey players. All I have left of the old ones are 7 figures: Bespin Han, Chewie, Bespin Leai, Vader, Bespin Guard, Snowtrooper, and 8D-88. :mad:

The figures I have now, will be burried with me in my coffin.

*steals figures*

Not any more :p

heh, atleast you got the Vader. That is a valuable collecitble. Just curious, how much did you get when you sold the figures?

I don't remember. I got alot of money, but it still is the single most stupidest thing I ever did. It was during a time when I was growing up and decided I was too cool to have toys. So I sold off the majority of my Gi-Joes, Transformers, and Star Wars Figures all in the same time frame. Since Hasbro re-launched the line, I can't stop buying them....

I am guilty of going crazy and sending Hasbro threatening emails because they didn't release the Action Fleet ships like they said they would and then they make so little or sumthing that all the stores near me barely get anything of them. . . .

oh yea. When I found out they aren't making lil figurs for the ships, i sent an essey of why they were idiots.

Ohhhhhh you naughty, naughty boy! :p I wish I would have sent email like that about the scarcity of the Death Star Trooper and the Tie Bomber! :p

I'm guilty of hounding employees for shipment times, and information on backstock. I have at times talked clerks into pulling cases out of the back and cracking them open, only to find miscillaneous jems that Hasbro so obviously holds back on quanity in order to stimulate sales later. It's a sham, and even the clerks have wised up in recent days. Now to the clerks, all figures are rare and unique. :p

Originally posted by daring dueler

when i first started colecting i used to play with them and...:( .....i used to....(cries) ...cut there weapons and lost most peices-now im trying to glue them all back togeather.

Its Ok Taters..I...I...

*cries too*

I can't glue them back together, as I don't have them all. :(

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Katarn07

I am guilty of wasting hours of time trying to find peices I misplaced... :D

Wasted 30 minutes last night for a spear of the new Teebos! Also, I always ruin a scene by perfecting it... Try not to touch them now. Thats why I hate to dust...... :p

Christ, the worst is when I lost A G.I. Joes' Submachinegun. It was Firefly. I was playing with him and lost the damn gun. At the time I thought his most amazing feature was that gun. I remeber combing the yard, and raking it over and over looking for that gun. This week I saw him at Toys R Us hanging on the Rack. I am now 28 years old. I don't know wether to be pissed off or If I should rejoice and by the damn thing.....firefly.jpg

Archived