Home

This is absurd!!!

Reborn Outcast

Oh yeah, I think that's the same company that invented the "anti-cutter" knife.

You know, those people who cut themselves? First, they send you a BIG knife, and after a week, you use a slightly smaller one, then a smaller one, and a smaller one, until after a month, you're using a toothpick sized knife and you'll eventually use no more knives! yay!

Don't know how things are in the states, but in Finland it is forgidden to

1) advertise cigarrettes

2) use the word "light" in cigarrets

Also, every cig box has to have a huge text printed on the side of it that says: "SMOKING WILL CAUSE YOU TO DIE A SLOW, PAINFUL DEATH!"

No, I'm not kidding.

We have the entire flap on the front with health warnings here in Australia. I think we are on the way to removing the light, or menthol named kind of cigarettes. I think also that the amount of Nicotine in each cigarette has to be on the front of the packet as well.

We have same kinds of warnings on the front "Smoking causes lung cancer" is one of the most basic, along with warnings about smoking affecting the baby of a pregnant woman..

he seems to be coming down pretty hard on lazy people:p . but a cigarette that 'helps' you stop smoking is right up there with the 'magic weight loss' pills and the 'super magicalish electro muscle stimulator' that tightens you muscles and turns you into a body builder while you sleep!:D [rant] there's a saying that goes 'no pain no gain'. no, it's not saying that you should hurt yourself, it means that you are the only reason you still smoke. and you are the reason you can lift more than 12 pounds and that you look like a water bed when you move. if you want to loose weight you have to work for it.[/rant] a couple of years ago I had really skinny arms. so for a month I curled 30 pounds every other day. at first I could only do 3 then I could do 5, then 10 and 20 and 30. and the last day I curled 30 pounds 80 times for each arm. now I have really nice biceps:D ... and pecs:p ... and triceps... I've got nice abs too

In Canada... there are BIG LARGE adverts on the packs that have 3 different things... Either a cig thats being held near the crotch area of a guy with pants on... and the cig is totally bent over... lol.. (impotence) The second is a pic of a dead child and it says "Second hand smoke will kill your children" and the last has a pic of disected lungs that went through 20 years of smoking a pack a day... they are literally black...

the EU have stated that cigarette companies have to A) stop calling their cigarettes "lights" and B) display BIG warnings on the packs....cigarette advertising is also banned on all formats apart from sponsorship (i.e. F1).

Personally, i think stopping them from calling fags "lights" is pointless...they'll just call them "benson and hedges silver" "marlboro gold"....the problem is kids think it's cool to smoke...so they buy fags when they're young, then get addicted...a vicious circle.

The recent docu-film "Bowling for Columbine" had a great bit where they got about a dozen ppl who'd all had lungs removed and those speech boxes fitted, singing xmas carols outside Imperial Tobacco HQ....very funny. :D

Archived