Home

Favorite Game of All-Time

Notion

Master of Orion 1. Came out in 1993. Was the first game I bought for my first PC which replaced the commodore 64 that broke down, a 486sx with 2MB of system memory and a 117MB HDD, Windows 3.1.

It was only a few months ago since I last played it. Though thats when I found a little loop hole which I could expoit to win easily, so it isn't as fun anymore. :)

Wait, are we listing favorite games, or stuck on an island games? They are different. For instance, Rouge really likes MGS, but since its a short, single player only game it probably wouldn't be good to be trapped on an island with- for that you'd want a huge game, like Morrowind, or a multiplayer game.

Do mods count? Like, if I choose Morrowind, can I play all the Morrowind mods? You DO have a net connection....

Originally posted by Aerothorn

Nostalgia is funny...most people remember how great the games they love were when they were released, when if they were released today they'd be considered pretty crappy.

Boy isn't that the truth.

Mine is FFVII. It was the first game I played that was that long and had a story. Before that I had mostly played fighters, sports and racing games.:nuts:

Stuck on an island is more interesting. And I guess If I were stuck on an island..with nobody.. for a long time.. I would want DOAXBV.... j/k I'd still take Morrowind, even though I've never played any mods. I have the xbox version, and although there are mods for it, you have to have some pretty high end illegal hardware. :(

shooter game: Unreal Tournament

classic game: Lemmings (Oh No More Lemmings)

lucasarts game: Grim Fandango

real time strategy game: Starcraft\Broodwar

shooter\adventure game: American McGee's Alice

obscure games:

The Dark Eye,

Bad Day On The Midway,

Drowned God

cool creepy game which blew up in hard drive

and I was unable to finish it, but would like to,

but I think it is out of print now: Sanitarium

Sim game: Theme Park

only Star Wars game I own: Pod Racer

funny game which I played and really liked,

but it had a glitch in it and when you get to

Titania's ear you just can't solve the puzzle,

hence you can not finish the game,

but it had potential,AND when I returned it to EB

I got 2 other copies of the same game

and none of them worked even when consulting

a cheat site, and now it is out of print I believe,

and the author a very fine and funny man

has passed away: Starship Titanic

worst game experiences: *anything from Dreamcatcher*

there is a conspirasy out there,

or the games hate my computer,

because no Dreamcatcher game

I have ever bought do not work on my machine

(any of them and there have been a few.)

favourite of all favourites: Exhile MYST3

*eternal thanks to Cyan

the reason I first got a computer in the first place.*

favourite game in progress: Mudpie (a Cyan game to come)

I feel sorry for the people who don't have a good enough computer for the Morrowind PC version. I mean its more cost effective for Xbox version but Morrowind PC has Tribunal(They wanted to put it on Xbox but Xbox was not designed to be able to accept expansion packs) and a billion great mods. Xbox version can't even be patched! I hear they still have the Fury bug and everything.

Yeah I'll get a good computer soon... but for now it's MW on xbox, the version where you don't even know how much HP your opponent has! I really wanted my thief chracter to wear a cloaked hood too, but mods aren't on xbox unless you wanna take the illegal route.

Originally posted by Leemu Taos

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time. :)

This guy knows what he's talking about.

Legend of Zelda: OoT is the best game I've ever played.

What I'm saying is, you mostly like the games for nostalgic reasons- if, say, Super Mario 64 was released today, it would get crappy reviews, because its a stereotypical platformer with bad graphics/sound. For example, Vexx has gotten not good reviews. If it was released before Super Mario 64, it would be hailed as one of the greatest games of all time. But its gotten bad reviews BECAUSE its so like Mario, it hasn't moved on, that was released years ago and the genre has developed. Don't get me wrong, there are many old games I love, and some of them(The ones that are more about the writing the the gameplay) would be just as good today(Albeit with bad graphics and sound) but gameplay evolves just as fast, and perhaps faster, then graphics do. I mean look at Ultima 1. Now look at Deus Ex 2. We've come a long way.

Archived