Home

Wow.... o.O

ZBomber

Nice signature, Zbomber. Did AcrylicGuitar donate points to help you get it? What a great, generous guy he is. Cool too.

Also, thanks for documenting when you reached 1000, 2000 and 3000 points respectively. That information will no doubt be useful in my many travels and exciting adventures.

Originally posted by scabb

Nice signature, Zbomber. Did AcrylicGuitar donate points to help you get it? What a great, generous guy he is. Cool too.

Also, thanks for documenting when you reached 1000, 2000 and 3000 points respectively. That information will no doubt be useful in my many travels and exciting adventures.

Oh, your welcome.

Friendly people over here, huh? :rolleyes:

Grammar lesson: Correct uses of forms of You.

You: A way to address someone else you're trying to talk to.

"You shouldn't be allowed on the internet"

Your: Posessive.

"Your car is shiny"

You're: Contraction of You Are. A way to address someone that's almost always followed by an adjective or descriptive.

"You're an idiot for obsessing over the Matrix"

Thus, when you say "Your Welcome", you're not forming a complete sentence since it has a subject (His Welcome) but no predecate. If I were to say "Your welcome has worn thin in these forums", that would correct.

What you want to say is "You're Welcome" as in "You are Welcome" or "You're not very good at this english thing."

Start doing that and I'll have about 75% more respect for your pseudointelligence... or at least I'll be more tolerant of it.

Originally posted by JofaGuht

Hey, I correct my friend's proper english sometimes too. But, c'mon, that was really rude. Be nice to this new friend of ours...Unless you want him to leave the forum and we go back to only having like ten people who post here. So please, be more welcoming.

Thanks man. :)

I've learned to ignore mercatfat by now, anyway. This isn't the first time hes been on my case

*glances at mercatfat*

Originally posted by mercatfat

Grammar lesson: Correct uses of forms of You.

You: A way to address someone else you're trying to talk to.

"You shouldn't be allowed on the internet"

Your: Posessive.

"Your car is shiny"

You're: Contraction of You Are. A way to address someone that's almost always followed by an adjective or descriptive.

"You're an idiot for obsessing over the Matrix"

Thus, when you say "Your Welcome", you're not forming a complete sentence since it has a subject (His Welcome) but no predecate. If I were to say "Your welcome has worn thin in these forums", that would correct.

What you want to say is "You're Welcome" as in "You are Welcome" or "You're not very good at this english thing."

Start doing that and I'll have about 75% more respect for your pseudointelligence... or at least I'll be more tolerant of it.

How to be nice lesson:

Be happy.

Be polite.

Don't be nasty.

Don't be an *******. And I think you are being a bit nasty, so why don't you cheer up.

Archived