Home

And some people ask me what I do on my spare time.

The Truthful Liar

The design is nice, but I'm one to wonder about the practicality of maps. How do the participants get up there? If it's floating, where do they land the transport? Stuff like that.

I like maps that contain that element of realism - gets me further into the game. Still looks nice, though.

Originally posted by __CKY__

Yes it does look very fun to play in looks easy to fall off of which makes it even better :D

It's not any worse than nar streets/warring factions ctf. :-)

Originally posted by wedge2211

woah.

Indeed? :p

Originally posted by boinga1

looks like some kinda race track or something.

I plan to flesh out the sides, perhaps wind the map up abit from keeping it so linear.

Originally posted by Pnut_Master

Very original, has an Unreal Tournament Feel to it. Excellent job Legion :)

I appreciate it, thanks. :]

Originally posted by Matt-Liell

I made something like that once but it was my first map and it was really bad. You should turn it into a CTF aswell.

That's the plan, blue side for blue, red side for red. :-D

Originally posted by Altus_Thrawn

Wo. Wow. Awsome. Definitly original, it looks like a great level. Lots of CTF potential.

I hope so, I'll be testing this map sometime during the week with the #1 european ctf/tdm clan, this way I'll know exactly what needs to be done about the gameplay if there are any problems along the way.

Originally posted by Aru-Wen

The design is nice, but I'm one to wonder about the practicality of maps. How do the participants get up there?

I've put spawn points along/inside the map, don't worry there's no need to fly. =)

If it's floating, where do they land the transport? Stuff like that.

It's an arena, since when do arenas need to land somewhere. :| XD

I like maps that contain that element of realism - gets me further into the game. Still looks nice, though.

It's just a game and it's just a map, you know, for gamers and competative ctf gameplay in mind. I originally made this map with intentions for putting it into Q3, I'm sorry if I can't always suppliment peoples' needs for so called 'realism' in a 'game'.

TA for the comments, everyone. ^_~

Looks nice, decent detail, nothing awe-inspiring but effective. The only complaint I have is that it probably won't play very well, unfortanetely. You'll be able to view the whole map at once :/ Even with detail brushes, I'm not sure how well it will run... But on the plus side, plenty of paths and z axis fighting... that's nice. My map sure lacks that a lot, my next will be sure to have a lot of that hopefully.

yeah, and everyone says my school is ghetto at mine. anyway, AB legion, thats awesome. making good use of the bespin border lights texture i see. i kinda agree with your new (10 second drawing) layout. if its straight, then you can shoot people from the opposite end of the map (although thats kinda cool). the new Z style makes it so that you actually have to move around a bit.

Originally posted by Darth Link

if its straight, then you can shoot people from the opposite end of the map (although thats kinda cool).

Although, with the new layout, you can snipe people in the enemy base from the midsection, and snipe people in the midsectionf rom you base. Which is even cooler in my opinion. Nice work, Legion!

I can already tell you my favortie weapon on this map is the rocket launcher...it makes a big enough "kick" to knock enemies off the catwalks!

Originally posted by Matt-Liell

:eek: I am not worthy to see such a great plan! :p

Looks interesting can't wait to play it! If you need a Beta tester I'm your man!

That's okay, I've got the entirety of de. behind me to help out. Thanks for the offer though. :-)

Originally posted by Toonces

That's wicked cool :D

It appears to have a great "old school" feel to it. Inspired me to use some long dead late 80's slang to discribe it ;)

Old-school? I wouldn't know. Quake 3, maybe. ; )

Originally posted by wedge2211

Although, with the new layout, you can snipe people in the enemy base from the midsection, and snipe people in the midsectionf rom you base. Which is even cooler in my opinion. Nice work, Legion!

Exactly, much appreciated.

I can already tell you my favortie weapon on this map is the rocket launcher...it makes a big enough "kick" to knock enemies off the catwalks!

That's the idea. :] Although in the new version you will see at the bottom of this post, I've broadened the entire map now.

Without further ado...

finished.jpg

The lighting is not finished. Architecture and texturing is. I completely rebuilt this map from scratch last week retaining the basic level design while making it larger and keeping to my plan for the new locations of the bases. I've fulfilled my promise and I hope you'll enjoy playing the map soon. =)

Archived