Home

I got Half Life!!

Rogue15

My order of Half Life Game of the Year Edition came in the mail today!!! I'm currently dloading counterstrike, day of defeat, and some other stuff for it...hopefully i can get it working online as close as tomorrow morning...hopefully both mods work correctly, I wasn't able to get team fortress classic updated, says that the executables aren't upgraded and annoying **** like that.

anyways...I got the game. I can't wait to play online. =]

Shame you can't get TFC to work, that is easily my favourite mod out of the lot. I played it for about 2 years non stop and I still dabble now and then.

Half Life is easily the best PC shooter ever made even with it's archaic graphics, no game has ever come close for me. I guarantee you will absolutely love the single player.

You gurantee? Well leXX I didn't love the single player...do I get a compensation prize? Sure, it was fun(It was my second shooter) but it wasn't very special. Walk around, shoot things, no storyline, typical stuff. The online mods are great but I'm not including those since thats the modmakers, not the game.

Ya, Half Life was worth it for the mods. Still, that was the mods, not the game- the engine is old and icky now, I wish they would transfer the mods to a newer engine. Dunno what they would use- they missed the boat for UT 2003(Which had a sucky server browser anyway) Doom 3 and Quake 4 are single player...Half Life 2, I guess.

As for mods, Firearms was by far the best, IMO. Counterstrike was overrated. Front Line Force was fun. Snark Wars was great. Note that I haven't played these in years so they may have changed. Firearms, I ruled at, I averaged like 15 kilsl per death. My loadout was always kevlar arms, kevlar legs, Kelvar Mark III, 5.56 AR GL, claymore mine.

Originally posted by Aerothorn

Half-Life was overrated....single player was fun but nothing special. Course I only played half cause of a dumb bug they never patched....

I never got into the SP aspect of this game at all. I never even played HL ever for long either. I only got it for the mods that are good right now. :)

As for mods, Firearms was by far the best, IMO. Counterstrike was overrated. Front Line Force was fun. Snark Wars was great. Note that I haven't played these in years so they may have changed. Firearms, I ruled at, I averaged like 15 kilsl per death. My loadout was always kevlar arms, kevlar legs, Kelvar Mark III, 5.56 AR GL, claymore mine.

I thought CS was over-rated aswell, but not being able to play most of the new games didn't leave me with much of a choice either. So I kind of got hooked not to mention DOD which I like better anyway. ;) Say, I'll have to try Fire Arms now. I'm downloading that mod now. :lol:

Archived