Will Iraq bomb us?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Will Iraq bomb us?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I'm not sure.
    • If he does, god help us all.

Originally posted by Natopo

After all the news I'm hearing, I'm getting pretty worried; as I am near one of the possible bombing locations.

Do you live in the Middle East. If the answer is no then, no.

Iraq doesn't have anything that could reach here(US).

North Korea on the other hand...

I live in Washington so I know what your worry is.

If something happens it will mostly be some terrorist group and not Iraq.

Originally posted by Hannibal

I live in Washington so I know what your worry is.

If something happens it will mostly be some terrorist group and not Iraq.

But that terrorsts group may be funded by Iraq or outfitted with an Iraqi bomb, possibly chemical/biological in nature. That is possibility that we must be aware of. Especially considering that Iraq does not have any conventional means of striking at America, he may resort to terrorist tactics. Funding, outfitting and training terrororists cells and sending them into the heart of the enemy. With talks of possible connections with the al-queda network, it is an even more viable means of attack by Suddam. There is a tape in london that is supposedly recorded by Bin Laden recently, but is still being authenticated. In that recording, Bin Laden predicts his own death as a martyr in one of his own suicide bombings this year. What better way for both parties, Iraq and Al-queda, to accomplish their goals then to have Iraq provide a weapon of mass destruction, and Al-queda to provide the bodies, planning, and insertion for that weapon.

The possibility is becoming more real, and we must be vigilant in our quest to ensure that doesn't happen. Does it call for war, I don't know, but I'm glad I'm not the one making that decision.

Ok, I see. He does have the ability(and financial means) to finance a terrorist attack. But I doubt he'd do anything directly, because he has to much to lose.

Bin Laden and other terrorists don't have a country to lose. If Saddam played a part in bombing the US, he'd not only be removed from power but I think they'd make sure he was dead too.

Originally posted by Hannibal

Ok, I see. I doubt he'll do that, directly, because he has to much to lose. Bin Laden doesn't have a country to lose. If Saddam played a part in bombing the US, he'd not only be removed from power but I think they'd make sure he was dead too.

That's right now, but we are gearing up for war with Iraq, with or without the UN's support. If We are already at war with Iraq and we will not stop until Suddam is out of power, than all bets are off. Suddam, when backed into a corner, will find anyway he can to lash out at his enemies.

If this war goes forward, we must be very aware and alert to the possibility.

Originally posted by Crazy_dog no.3

No-one is that stupid. Everyone knows if they provoke the USA the USA will send it's godly wraith and defeat them in a few months.

Well, i doubt a nuclear bomb set off in a city will have a return adress. Iraq, as others have said, could easily give his weapons to terrorist groups for them to use (remember the anthrax?), and they could use it without invlovling Iraq directly. That is most likely why he is making these bombs in the first place. Its us or Israel, if he has a nuke he is most likely planning on using it on one of the two. One bomb does you nothing in a war. The only purpose in creating a very small number of bombs is to use them for a suprise (aka terrorist) attack.

I think mainly the threat of a bomb hitting the USA from Iraq is something Americans have convinced themselves of (and been convinced of by Bush's propaganda-like statements).

The media which tells us we're all screwed is not thrustworthy either, in my opinion, and a lot of people are just plain out misinformed.

TIME Magazine:

The French refuse to help the USA in Iraq. Of course, if Saddam marched on France, we know who they'd call.

March on France? Yeah, you'd just have to fight NATO trough Turkey, Germany, and several East European countries :p. Besides, being invaded is not the same thing as taking part in a pre-emptive attack.

USA's embassy in Oslo:

We do not understand how you [Norwegians] can be so Anti-American. Who saved you during World War II?

:p Er.. different thing?

Forummer, XWA Upgrade Project:

Don't you understand that Iraq poses a grave threat to every nation in the world, including the USA????

Uhh.. think I'll just snicker that one off.. :)

To me, it's self-fueling anxiety, combined with this stupid colour-coded Terror Alert thingie (which just helps provoke fear and thus helps the terrorists). There is no evidence Iraq is planning to attack the USA. Yes, he has weapons of mass destruction, but that does not have to be a sign he's planning to use them.

well, i'm not going to get into another discussion about saddam planning on using them again, but i don't think he'll "bomb us". attacking us some other way, like others have suggested, is what would most likely happen, if he decides to go offensive. but i think you should change option 4 to God help Iraq if they bomb us, 'cause they'll probably cease to exist if they do.

oh, and eagle, plz don't start calling bush's statements propaganda. it'll just start another big argument.

the only way saddam will be able to do anything to the US is to use gases on our ground troops like in desert storm...

or to use some terrorist type tactics...

i don't think he's along the lines of a terrorist, that's the al queda's M.O.

and if they try something, they most likely wont be near as successful as last time... last time we didn't see it coming and didnt know what was really going on... but now, people would be much, MUCH more vigillant!

Archived