Home

PC Games

Katarn07

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unreal Tournament 2k3. Really good FPS game IMO. Lotsa action.A pretty good graphics card is needed, though.

If you want a diferent type of First Person game, get Thief 1 and 2. First Person Sneaker. Cool game where the objective is to stay out of sight, steal, and complete your objectives. Really good game, with a great plot/story, and doesn't require an expensive graphics card.

Originally posted by Katarn07

Hmm, Graphics card good I have not. I have a TNT2...

Thief? I'll look into that on Yahoo or something. Thanks.

Heh - no dissing the TNT2 - I got one, and it runs what I got fine.

KOTOR however - Im gonna need an XBox (wells, its as good an excuse as any for getting one! :p )

Hostile Waters was good. Good combination/balance of strategy and action. Not too spec intensive.

I'm playing through my mates copy of Max Payne... Pump Action Shotgun is a god send!

Else.... Never Winter Nights. it can be done.

My mate had it running on his PIII 700 w/ 256Mb RAM. I half half his RAM, so am gonna risk....

Originally posted by nova_wolf

Heh - no dissing the TNT2 - I got one, and it runs what I got fine.

KOTOR however - Im gonna need an XBox (wells, its as good an excuse as any for getting one! :p )

Hostile Waters was good. Good combination/balance of strategy and action. Not too spec intensive.

I'm playing through my mates copy of Max Payne... Pump Action Shotgun is a god send!

Else.... Never Winter Nights. it can be done.

My mate had it running on his PIII 700 w/ 256Mb RAM. I half half his RAM, so am gonna risk....

I plan on uping my card prior to KotOR's release. Every thing else is fine...

Originally posted by nova_wolf

Nah, the Desert Eagle is one son of a gun. ;) Even on Dead On Arrival, the DEagle just makes it too easy. :) The shotgun is only useful in later levels if you can get two shots off in a shootdodge. :)

Hmmm...not knowing what games you already have doesn't help, but here's a good selection of titles...

Unreal II - it's short (10 hours), and it's a straightforward shooter with nice graphics, but okay if you like that sort of thing. Personally I'd wait for it to come down in price (it's not worth what I paid for it). If you just want a quick frag-fest it does the job.

NOLF2 - if you like to sneak-and-stun as well as run-and-gun, they don't come much better than this.

Deus Ex - excellent RPG/action hybrid now showing it's age, but one of the best games I've ever played.

Thief/Thief 2 - agree with ckcsaber - they're still the best sneak-em-ups out there, and a breath of fresh air when compared to many other FPS games.

Return To Castle Wolfenstein - some people hate it, but I like it - but then, I didn't expect much from it, so I was pleasantly surprised by what it delivered. Great atmosphere, good chances to sneak and back-stab, but at heart it's a great shooter, and it looks good too.

Unreal - the original, and best. A bit slow-paced in parts, but IMHO much better than the recent sequel. Good selection of weapons and enemies, and draws you into helping the natives.

Soldier of Fortune - messy, but satisfying.

Serious Sam - an outrageous blast-a-thon ideal for stress-relief. Brings back the heady panic-attack from the days of DOOM...

Aliens v Predator 1/2 - if you like scary shooters, these fit the bill nicely.

If you like combat-oriented action-RPGs, Dungeon Siege is an addictive monster-bashing epic - took me all of 70 hours to finish it. :eek:

Originally posted by StormHammer

If you like combat-oriented action-RPGs, Dungeon Siege is an addictive monster-bashing epic - took me all of 70 hours to finish it. :eek:

O yea, Dungeon Siege, I still play that game. It is like Diablo 2 in a way except you can play through single player, and then go onto multiplayer with that same character at the same level with the same weapons. There are also some nice little goodies in the game that are enjoyable.

The downside? Alot of hacked items and cheaters but if you ignore them it is a great game to play and passes the time by.:)

Archived