Home

Bounty Hunting

Thurdras

I have a question concerning the actual hunting aspect of Bounty Hunting. Can bounty hunters accept missions to kill/incapictate another player thats, lets say, 10 lvls lower than the Hunter? OR would the hunter only be able to accept missions to bounties about equal to his/her lvl?:confused:

:fett: :fett: :fett: :fett:

First things first:

Welcome to the SWGalaxies.Net Forums!!! :)

I'm Jan Gaarni, XO of the Official Welcomming Committee and Moderator of this place.

Be sure to check out the Read This First thread at the top of this forum, as it contains some guidelines on how to behave, if you haven't all ready. :)

Most here are friendly and the aggression level is far from what you will find in the Official SWG Boards, so I'm sure you will like it here.

Please feel free to stay as long as you want. :)

And have some chocolate covered gnorts. :D Complementary Juztyn. :p

Also be sure to check out the SWGalaxies.Net site which is connected to these forums. :)

We hope you enjoy your stay here on the SWGalaxies.Net Forums. :)

Levels. There are no levels. You get a bounty on you, you're in trouble, no matter if you are good at combat, or lack plenty in that section. The exact mechanisme I'm not sure of. It could be luck, meaning, if you're bad at combat, the game takes the first available bounty hunter that signs on the bounty mission terminal and it's a freshman bounty hunter that picks up the bounty.

Or, it could be more calculated, so that the hunter and pray are more or less on equal terms. Personally, I think it is the former.

Like I said, there are no levels in Star Wars Galaxies like EverQuest for instance. In EQ you gained health points for each level you reached. In SWG, you gain skills whenever you aquire it, or at your leasure (once it is aquired of course ;) ). Your health will always remain the same.

Quote:"10 lvls lower than the Hunter"

There are no levels like the 1's u mention. More experienced and powerful BH's will most likely be killing more challenging targets, as they must also advance in their field, so Random Joe can expect to get a BH of similar stature after them if they do sumthing naughty. Better BH wouldn't waste their time killing noobs who hardly have a clue what they r doing (i shall be the noob)

:duel:

I would think that Bounty Hunters would only be able to hunt or collect bounties from those of similar or equal skill level.

A. It keeps the game interesting.

B. Its fair for both sides.

C. Its more fun that way (Sure its fun to murder some n00b, but how do you think they feel, and besides, you wouldnt get a large bounty on some weenie anyways.)

:fett:

)hmm... hmm... hmm... i know, like all the other people said, you get yourself in trouble and have a price on your head your in deep poodoo, but would it be possible to hide from the bounty forever, be a fugitive, moving away to a safe haven in hopes of not being found and killed! or live a secret life and climb up the ranks of the empire having 2 bodyguards and the entire empire at yourside once you reach the rank of Moff... kewl (sumtimes i amaze myself;) )

I am going to have to assume no. There will most definetely have to be some way a BH can track you, either by a blip on his radar or something involving the communiactions terminals. Obviously they want to make it challenging for the hunter to find you, but not impossible. I suppose, if you were able to discover how the game allows BHs to track, then you can work around it somehow.

I think the BH should be able to track their pray, but NOT by some magic tracking device on their radar. They should have to question people about you in order to hunt you down. Most likely starting with the ones who give you the bounty. I mean, where's the fun in knowing right off the bat where your quarry is? The fun is in the hunt, right?

It's all about contacts for the BH, as in CANTINAS and other mass hang outs.

Yeah, being a BH isn't just about combat. It's about charisma, persuasion, and having a way with people. I hope they put all the different facets of Bounty Hunting into the game, and don't just make it "Kill this guy. You'll see a big blue ray of light in the distance - that's where he is."

• 2 weeks later...

I think having to run through contacts is a great idea. Like, if your quarry is on Tatooine and you are on Corellia, your contact on Corellia could say the target is "Somewhere on Tatooine." You travel to Tatooine and ask a contact there, and they can give you most specific information, unless the target has moved.

That's some hardcore cat-and-mouse! :D

I agree, but wouldn't it be a huge pain if you had to question every NPC in sight? Or are you thinking, when you accept a mission you get a list of contacts, where those contacts are? I think another cool aspect was that NPCs that the prey talks to register that, and when the BH talks to them they mention that and off to what direction the prey went. That might work well- but all this cat-mouse stuff, may not be what the casual gamer is looking for. The devs'll be thinking of the casual gamer, they have from the start, the time this cat-mouse game would take to finally get to the prey could take minutes or hours. And a casual gamer would not be down with waiting an hour of hunting just to finish a mission. That's just what I think.

Well, to solve everything, there could be two types of bounties:

NPC Bounty

These would be the easy ones, scripted missions with random generic NPC targets on or near the same planet the hunter is. This way, if the casual gamer wanted an easier hunt, they could have one with little fuss.

Player Bounty

These would be the PvP types of hunts, and would be a little more difficult considering the mechanics of the bounty. The game can't predict where or when a target is, making these a little more important. Besides, it couldn't be THAT difficult to find a moving target if certain NPCs (yes, defined by the bounty log is a great idea) gave more specific information the closer to the target you get.

And is it just me, or would anyone else WANT to have a bounty on their head? ;)

I mean, it may be a bad situation and all, but that doesn't mean it isn't fun to defend yourself. Hell, I'd meet the guy head-on if I knew someone was looking for me. C'mon, you guys know that deep down, you've all wanted to confront a bounty hunter too. :p

What I was talking about with contacts. is people/players YOU the player of the game know about. That way you could go to your friend, Mikey who runs the cantina, who gets a lot of traffic with players coming in for meetings and shady deals. If Mikey was a relitively aware bartender, he could say, "Yea BH... I mightsa sen sumtins abots thats descreptin. Buts... It'sa costin you sumting, hmm?"

That way popular cantinas could make money in the information business, and there could be the 'goto' guy for info. All the BH's would come straight to them for info.

Contacts the players make in the game should dictate how easily a bounty is found... not the blue column of light that constantly shines on the horizon. If a player knew he had a bounty on him, he could run away from the BH and it would kinda be a never ending game of run into the distance forever away from death... Except that the BH prey doesn't know where the BH is.

"Nuts to that blue column of light. If it weren't for it, maybe I'd have a fighting chance to escape."

And wouldn't it just be creepy if that blue column could be seen from PLANETS away, too.

"Judging from the position of my "Blue Column Death-beam, the target is SOMEWHERE... HOW THE??? He's in SPACE!?!?!? But that space expansion thing I have been hearing about isn't even out yet... Oh, silly me... he's on another planet. Well off I go to kill some blind fish in a barrel."

I never said anything about a light column showing where the bounty is. I think our interpretation is a bit off. I AM saying that a BH would have to solely depend on his contacts, just the information from NPC contacts would get more specific the closer you get.

I never thought about player contacts, though, and your idea is a good one. I think we're arguing in agreement, if that makes any sense.

:D

Does anyone know how a bounty is supposed to be collected? I mean, if you have to kill a target, how do you prove to the contractor that you completed the bounty? Will there be a token equivalent to the ears in Diablo when you kill another player?

Archived