Home

WIP: Project Minoan

Eagle_e7

Hey guys:)

This is the new map that i'm making. Project Minoan takes place on an island in the sky which was once inhabited by an anchient civilization which possesed advanced technology.

minoan1.jpg

minoan2.jpg

What you see here is a ship which sails through the sky. The map is still in it's early stages at the moment, more screens when i have them.:)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I just fell in love. Release it on its own, I don't wanna have to wait for another map pack to come along... It looks very original, very detailed, and very immersive--you can tell it's a whole other exotic world, and it looks to be real (like Myst, etc). How much of this will we be able to see? Inside that building? And...I just have to ask this, after building my Orbital Transfer Station...will the boat move? :)

(Hey, I just have to make a comment on this after playing with patches quite a bit myself...the ship looks like it's this boat built by the people who made this, hehe. [edit: I want to make it clear that I don't mean to suggest you're paralleling my maps, it was just a thought that came to me. I think this is very unique, keep it up!])

Me gusta mucho!

Thanks guys, i'm glad you like it. :)

Originally posted by wedge2211

How much of this will we be able to see? Inside that building?

You'll be able to go inside that building, there will probebly be a few inside as well as outside areas.;)

(Hey, I just have to make a comment on this after playing with patches quite a bit myself...the ship looks like it's this boat built by the people who made this, hehe.

Not sure what you mean by that, i designed and built the boat myself.;)

[EDIT: Your map looks awesome btw:)]

And...I just have to ask this, after building my Orbital Transfer Station...will the boat move? :)

It will probebly bob up and down slightly heheh:D moving it around would probebly be too much of a headache:D

(Hey, I just have to make a comment on this after playing with patches quite a bit myself...the ship looks like it's this boat built by the people who made this, hehe.

I thought that as soon as I saw the boat screenshot. It definitely looks like whoever built(not you Wedge) TAL ERULANEI. The curves and the texture make it seem very similar. Green with sort of a biological look to it (the sail, keel, and rudder look kind of like the surface of a leaf). Good mastery of the patch on Minoan's boat's sail, rudder, keel and just about everything on TAL, where there are more patches than I've ever seen in any other map.

I also agree that the ancient-looking architecture with advanced technology look good. How much work have you done so far (amount and/or time)? Looks like a lot.

I like the the lamp on the bow of the ship.

Some mappers, like you are incredible. Nice Job!:thumbs1:

Nothing bad to say about it, but when do you think it will be done?

Thanks guys:D

Originally posted by master_thomas

How much work have you done so far (amount and/or time)?

I've worked on it for about 2 days so far.:)

Originally posted by master_thomas

when do you think it will be done?

I should hopefully be able to have it finished in a month or so, possibly sooner:)

I'll keep this thread updated with new screens and info when i get it.;)

:drop2:

That is quite amazing. Very Myst-styled. Extremely well done patches. Good textures, too. Only complaint is that it is a little dark and some of the buildings' curves don't look right next to the other sections.

Need the music? I've got all three soundtracks :D

EDIT: For Myst music I'd recommend Stoneship Age, Boat Ride (Moeity Age in Riven), or Voltaic/Airship Chasm.

Originally posted by Eagle_e7

You're absolutely right wedge:), I took allot of inspiration from the Myst games whilst I was making this. I'll probebly be using some Myst music aswell, the Voltaic theme fromn Myst III to be exact.:)

I'm using the Edanna music in Tal Erulanei. :)

About the soundtracks, if you want Exile music, then you only have to look in the game folders, all the music is there in mp3 format, just under a wierd naming scheme that I almost figured out. Anyways...I think just about any of it would fit well.

I can't wait for the next round of screenies...I'm getting all antsy imagining cool effects like water on the cieling and vast caverns filled with stars and such... ;)

Thanks again guys, i'm glad that you all like it.;)

About the soundtracks, if you want Exile music, then you only have to look in the game folders, all the music is there in mp3 format

Cool, I dident know that.:)

Some info on the map:

I've started working on the next area now:)(was unfortunately busy over the weekend) New screens as soon as I have them.;)

Archived