Home

WIP: Project Minoan

Eagle_e7

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wooooooooo. Whaddaya mean, "incomplete"? :D Hoo-rahs for the vertex tool. I love how intricate it is. Very must like the Myst worlds! (Heyyyy, make some 1280x1024 shots and I'll put it on my desktop, hehehe. In terms of raw digital art I think it rivals DigitalBlasphemy.)

Originally posted by Wes Marrakesh

'nuff said. I want some of your mad skills...:D

You know, I look at a map like this, and think, I could probably build everything in there. Not too much difficulty with that, either. The thing that makes this map awesome is the way it's put together. Creativity is what makes maps own.

(Heyyy, I just tried to scroll the window by holding the right mouse button and dragging. Woah, too much Radiant...)

heheh thanks guys;)

Mostly the incomplete parts are things that you cannot see in these shots. :)

Mainly the thing which needs work is the green thing at the top which is pretty much suspended by the power of thought at the moment. I'll need to add some supports for it.:)

Originally posted by master_thomas

How many patches are in that room?

Allot, heheh :D

Minor update:

I've added and fixed a few things in this room, It still isn't 100% but it's getting there.:)

minoan8.jpg

Basically this place is like the central area from which you travel to different parts of the level. Each area has it's own statue at the entrance like this:

minoan9.jpg

..so that you can tell which is which.;)

Originally posted by wedge2211

You know, I look at a map like this, and think, I could probably build everything in there. Not too much difficulty with that, either. The thing that makes this map awesome is the way it's put together. Creativity is what makes maps own.

I look at this and realise I can't do half of it, and that's before we come to the creativity. Man, you see one map and can't imagine how its beauty could be equalled, then this map equalls the very best. Awesome, utterly...I'm outa subjectives.

Thanks guys:D

Originally posted by LITE Jedi

And where did the textues come from!?

I'm using the Egyptian textures made by Sock and the Dsi textures made by Evil Lair. Except for the green sail texture on the ship which I made myself.:)

Originally posted by Altus_Thrawn

As I was reading along in my social studies book, I found a civilization called the "Minoan", I was wondering if that is where the name came from.

You're absolutely right that's where I got the name from.:) Not sure if I'll keep it though, "project minoan" is more of a WIP name. I might change it once the map has finished.;)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been a little busy lately :)

Recently i've been developing a new language that will be used throughout the minoan map. It will be used for signposts, temple walls telling storys about the civilisation past, where did they go e.t.c :)

Alphabet2.jpg

And here is a small message for you to decode :)

ALarge2.jpg

Archived