Home

WIP: Project Minoan

Eagle_e7

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Holy Map Revival Batman!

Hello all, i've been busy for a while so i've been unable to work on the map, but i'm back on it now and work is progressing. :)

Here is a screen of an unfinished passageway.

Minoan_1.jpg

And here is a screen from another part of the map. :)

Minoan_2.jpg

That is absolutly, the most amazing map I have ever seen made for JK2. I want your mapping skills! This map is amazing. It has the Zelda feel too it but also some of that Nubian feel from Star Wars. One of those last shots the tunnel one does remind me of a Hobbit Hole however!:p This map is just huge and beautiful.

It brings tears to my eyes!

YOU OWN EAGLE!

You better continue to map for JK3, this map is gonna be great for it due to the more complex maps accepted.

Originally posted by Eldritch

Do you even know what Nubian means? :rolleyes:

Explain some of its Nubian qualities, if so.

Um alright calm down there Eldritch as I said it has a Nubian feel FROM STAR WARS. You know the planet of Naboo? I was merely saying some of the architecture reminded me of it. No need to get so uptight.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Matt-Liell

Um alright calm down there Eldritch as I said it has a Nubian feel FROM STAR WARS. You know the planet of Naboo? I was merely saying some of the architecture reminded me of it. No need to get so uptight.:rolleyes:

Nubian has nothing to do with Naboo.

I'm not uptight, but to someone that really knows what Nubian means what you said sounds quite silly.

Yes that is why I stressed twice already the FROM STAR WARS point. Considering it is a Star Wars board and I refered this Nubian to Naboo from Star Wars I thought just maybe, though there was a slim chance I might not get flammed for it.:rolleyes:

So when you watched Star Wars and Watto said "Ah yes Nubian un", you thought the ship had native Nubia qualities.

*Flips coin the Eagle*

[Han Solo Voice]

Sorry about the flame.

[/Han Solo Voice]

My work has been called Newbie-an.

Eagle, this looks stunning. I was wondering about this map only a few days ago. Theres definately some Zelda to it, which makes it all the more beloved to me. I can tell this map is going to be epic, any idea what kind of percentage it is done?

Thanks for all of your kind comments guys, it really means alot to me. :)

Originally posted by Kengo

Any idea what kind of percentage it is done?

I think at this point about 65% complete.

Also the map pack is scheduled for release on September the 20th so it will be finished by that date. ;)

• 3 months later...

Sadly, due to my cg studies and the pressures of getting a short film off of the ground, ffa project minoan is sadly no longer possible. :(

But I figured it would be a shame to let all that hard work go to waste, so I decided to release the most complete parts of the map as a duel version.

You can grab it at pcgamemods if you're interested. :)

http://www.pcgamemods.com/3084/

Archived