UnfrozenCaveman

Hey all, I just finally got my last piece for my new cpu-

ECS K7S5A SiS® 735 SOCKET A MOTHERBOARD

AMD Athlon XP 1800+/266 FSB Thorougbred Processor CPU 1800+/ 1.53GHz

CRUCIAL MICRON 512MB 32x64 PC 2700 DDR RAM

Maxtor 40GB 7200RPM Hard Drive Model

Verto™ GeForce4™ Ti4200 Video Card, AGP, 64 DDR- 500Mhz

52x24x52x Cd-RW

I think I'll be able to play SWG whenever it is released. Maybe I'll be good for the next few years but I may need to buy a vid. card sometime.

Originally posted by Gaalgoth

caveman, thats the same video card as i have. It's almost as good as the Ti4600, and while it's not as good as the GeForceFX, nothing uses that kind of power yet. You're fine with that, the game is played on a GeForce3 in all the demos.

not to mention that with a Geforce 3.. it looked AMAZING!

What I ment was that In a few years I may need a new video card :cool:

Yeah, I have installed Fifa2003, Morrowind, Jedi Knight Outcast and Splinter Cell; and every game has graphics on High and a screen res of 1024X(whatever this number is suppose to be). What's awesome is that it's not even choppy at all!! This is the first time I've ever had a cpu where it could handle high graphics and not be choppy or laggy at all- it's wonderful!!

When I was putting my cpu together with my friend he was so jealous of my RAM and my vid. card. What's cool about the card is that it has heatsinks on all the RAMs, above and below it. That card is amazing! To think I got it for $79 at compusa!!

I spent a bunch of money just to get my system all up to par for this game and its going to suck anyways. You'd think since I'm defending the country they'd let me get more then a 49.2kbps but noooo. You silly cable modem and t1 line fools are going to destroy me! It just isn't fair!:( Mommy! The bad men are being mean to me.

Well, since we are all doing a little genital measuring, I'll join in. ;)

Intel D850GB motherboard (Supports up to 2GHz)

Intel P4 1.5GHz processor (Looking into a 2.0 though)

640MB of RDRAM RAMBUS PC800 NON-ECC

Soundblaster 16 (I don't care about sound too much)

Sapphire ATI Radeon 9500 128MB (Mother board only supports 4x AGP though)

Cable modem (locked to 150 KBps, soon to change though)

Windows XP Home

I never thought NWN and AAO could run so smoothly. ;P

Side note: For those of you with XP and slow boot times, check your BIOS and make sure that your hard drive driver is the first thing to load. This cut my boot time in half.

bleh.. I need a new computer. I'm running a Pentium III 1.0 ghz with 256 mb ram and a geforce 4 mx with 64 mb ram on it. I'm not really a computer whiz, but I know enough to know that I'm a bit behind the times. Could someone please direct me to a website that has relatively cheap prices and is reliable? I want to be able to set all of the graphic settings on their highest settings when the game comes out. :)

Originally posted by Darth_Sidious

Well, since we are all doing a little genital measuring, I'll join in. ;)

Intel D850GB motherboard (Supports up to 2GHz)

Intel P4 1.5GHz processor (Looking into a 2.0 though)

640MB of RDRAM RAMBUS PC800 NON-ECC

Soundblaster 16 (I don't care about sound too much)

Sapphire ATI Radeon 9500 128MB (Mother board only supports 4x AGP though)

Cable modem (locked to 150 KBps, soon to change though)

Windows XP Home

I never thought NWN and AAO could run so smoothly. ;P

Side note: For those of you with XP and slow boot times, check your BIOS and make sure that your hard drive driver is the first thing to load. This cut my boot time in half.

YOUR EVIL SIDIOUS HOW COME YOU KEEP COMMIN HERE??? WHY DO YOU TAUNT ME WITH YOUR EVIL SID? WHY WHY??

pretty nice computer though

Could someone please direct me to a website that has relatively cheap prices and is reliable?
Go to: http://www.newegg.com I got all my stuff there, reliable, they use FedEx= you can track your stuff online, and most of it came to me in NY from CA in two days.

I have no doubts in my mind that I can play SWG when it comes out. If i can play Splinter Cell, Fifa 2003, Jedi Knight Outcast, NWN, Morrowind in 1024 res. with graphics maxed out, and it runs smooth, then I won't have a problem playing SWG. I'll probably be able to have the graphics high on that also.

Although, it sucks, I have dial-up! We just networked our house this weekend. So our network is connected at 10.0kps and the server is connected at 49.9kps. I mean, that's not sig. to a bb connection or anything, but it'll be fine. I'll just have to take my cpu over to a friends house who has BB for the patches and stuff.

Hehe- check out my post count. Yes, I'm 20 but doesn't every guy find that funny? I know it'll change so it's 34.5 X 2 =? I'm saying it this way 'cause I don't wanna break any rules of the forum- even though I don't think it is breaking rules, just wanna make sure.

Hehe, I just got what you were talking about Caveman. Yeah, my points were that the other day, and I thought that was something to think about. We're so childish :D.

I think I'm going to get a new machine. The ATI 9800 just came out, or is coming out, and I'd like to have a new machine to go with it. I also want another machine because I have a lot of LAN parties at my house, and half the kids that come don't have good computers. It's really sad to see them all sitting in the corner, hearing us yelling to each other. Poor bastards :rolleyes:

I can generally say that no matter how good your computer is at the moment, having JUST bought all the newest goodies, you probably will not be able to have all the options maxed out. This is due to the dev's planning for the future. They intentionally tweaked the game so that even a couple years down the road, the game graphics will not be out dated. :D So, don't expect to have maxed options when the game comes out, because you will have to do some tweaking of your own to find the proper settings. ;) I will try and find this info again and post it here, but until then... Can anyone back me up on this?

They said it on that group of movies. The one where they're showing off player housing he says, "Right now we can dial up the graphics options so high that no machine known to man will run them. We're doing that because we want a 5 year life cycle for this product, and we're hoping to take advantage of GeForce 4, 5, 6, 7 and beyond."

Archived