Home

I've changed my mind.

SkinWalker

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by SkinWalker

Somebody better PM Reborn and tell him not to look at this thread!

April Fools!!!

Somehow, I don't think most of you bought it, though.

At least it wasn't a "goodbye, I'm leaving LF for good" April Fool's Joke..... as if anyone ever really does leave.

Oh... well.... now I've got all year to think up next 4/1's joke.

I think this April Fool's day stuff is garbage. I spent all day without playing any jokes on anyone. I was genuinely happy for you... but nevermind now. Do me a favor, spend the rest of the year not speaking to me... :disaprove

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! NIIIIIIIIIICE!!! Gotta use that one next year on some friends! HAIL TO SKINWALKER!!! MASTER OF MESSIN WITH CHRISTIANS!!!

Well, before someone gets mad and bans me for saying that, I'm just saying that because Christians are so delighted when someone *gag* 'conforms' to Christ. I just think its kinda funny to see em shot down once in awhile...no offense to any of you though...*hides*

I kinda knew that religion isnt a topic to joke like this about( Reason why I didnt even try to lead you guys on..) because some people do take it seriously.

Like my math teacher told me, that she was patriotic of Armenia (since she was one)or something, and Turkey had alot of thier land. So thier friends decided to say that Turkey gave back the land to the Armenians..however it wasnt true and she said she felt awful afterwards.

Originally posted by obi-wan13

Blasphemy.

To be honest, I was relieved that you had indeed found Christ. But now I seen the Apirl Fools, I am sort of sad.

You couldn't find something else to mock, could you? Like, a young boy's dreams or something?

The point of the "April Fool's Joke" wasn't to mock anyone's God. It was to mock the seriousness with which we threw ourselves into the "evolution/creation" debates this past 6 or 8 months. I must admit, that if you didn't debate this issue with myself or a few others, then you probably didn't see the irony in switching sides of the issue.

Besides, if there is a God (and I never stated that I totally discounted the possibility in all of my posts in those debates), she undoubtedly has a sense of humor. And in this time of such serious issues on the planet, if I made a couple people forget the woes of the world through laughter, I'm happy.

C'mon guys, I'm sure Skin didn't make this joke merely to play on people's goodwill, but as he said, rather to play on people's seriousness.

We've all taken the religion debates a step beyond the casual chatter level, and I think Skinwalker only wanted to show that.

Peace - don't you go hating each other now, m'kay?

To be honest, I was relieved that you had indeed found Christ.

Lt. Dan : Have you found Jesus yet, Gump?

Forrest : I didn't know I was supposed to be looking for him, sir.

:D

Just a funny bit from a great movie. I always thought that "finding [Jesus] Christ" was funny, because it implies that he's not going to do anything for you if you don't find him. Doesn't quite fit with his view of unconditional love for all mankind, but I don't really want to get into that discussion. Another thread for another time.

I think it was a great April Fool's joke, and I think that people who are truly secure in their beliefs can tolerate a little friendly "poking-fun-at" every now and again. Besides, it's a joke, so lighten up, eh?

I figured that the way some people get so bent out of shape concerning religious dissent that they'd be hunting him down to burn him as a heretic. The best part wasn't the joke itself, but the animosity created when he let on that it was a joke. Someone actually got mad that he didn't really convert. I wish I knew people that were so personally involved in my beliefs.

Originally posted by munik

...The best part wasn't the joke itself, but the animosity created when he let on that it was a joke. Someone actually got mad that he didn't really convert....

I saw no animosity. There were more posts pleading with Christians not to be mad about this being a joke then there were posts by Christians saying they were mad.

I think everyone just expects Christians to be mad. From what I’ve seen most of the Christians here are pretty gracious (myself and Mandilorian54 not included.)

I can't believe I just put myself in the same category as Mandy54:eek:

*edit:

Originally posted by C’jais

*SNIP-SNAP*

You’re not mad at me for real are you? I was just kidding. I will remove it if I offended you in any way.

Originally posted by ioshee

You’re not mad at me for real are you? I was just kidding. I will remove it if I offended you in any way.

'Course not (:

I don't even know why I posted that garbage. Something tangential to death, I suppose...

I'll remove it.

OF COURSE NOBODY WAS MAD!!! obi-wan called him Blasphemous, and most of the other Christians here showed their 'un-happiness' with the joke.

didn't make this joke merely to play on people's goodwill, but as he said, rather to play on people's seriousness.

YES!!

Originally posted by MydnightPsion

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! NIIIIIIIIIICE!!! Gotta use that one next year on some friends! HAIL TO SKINWALKER!!! MASTER OF MESSIN WITH CHRISTIANS!!!

Well, before someone gets mad and bans me for saying that, I'm just saying that because Christians are so delighted when someone *gag* 'conforms' to Christ. I just think its kinda funny to see em shot down once in awhile...no offense to any of you though...*hides*

I don't see how you can say this. I was seriously happy for him. Its one this to lighten peoples moods but it seems that it only made half the group here happy. :disaprove

Originally posted by Reborn Outcast

I was seriously happy for him. Its one this to lighten peoples moods but it seems that it only made half the group here happy

You'll live. A guy messing with you on a forum isn't really anything to be upset over. The same thing would happen if you acted Atheist and said APRIL FOOLS!!! Some would be offended, some wouldn't. I would laugh, but I suppose that one must be free of the restraints of religion to realize how much of a joke it can be.

I realize it was a joke, but some people are very emotional about their religion. Me, namely. When someone tells me that they have indeed accepted Jesus into their heart, it fills me with joy because I know that person will not go to Hell.

I'm sorry if I have over reacted, but it was very blasphemus, though. God takes this sort of stuff seriously.

I realize it was a joke, but some people are very emotional about their religion. Me, namely. When someone tells me that they have indeed accepted Jesus into their heart, it fills me with joy because I know that person will not go to Hell.

I'm sorry if I have over reacted, but it was very blasphemus, though. God takes this sort of stuff seriously.

I haven't accepted Jesus into my heart, and I'm not going to hell.

Do you say the same thing to Jews too, Obi? They don't believe in Jesus either. In fact, some of them think you're going to hell. Let's not be so presumptious here.

Guys, the idea is that if you had followed Skinwalker's rhetoric and arguments in those debates about religion, you'd know that there's zip chance of him turning 180 degrees just like that on the spot.

Would you believe Shadowtemplar if he told you that he had lost faith in science, all of a sudden?

Or me, if I admitted that evolution was just a hoax?

Not going to happen any day soon.

The idea is that you guys are willing to believe in the good of people, just like that. And that's a beautiful thing, if you ask me.

Originally posted by Aru-Wen

I haven't accepted Jesus into my heart, and I'm not going to hell.

Do you say the same thing to Jews too, Obi? They don't believe in Jesus either. In fact, some of them think you're going to hell. Let's not be so presumptious here.

I hate to be so straight forward, but according to my beliefs, the only way into Heaven is to accept Jesus as the lord and savior. I do indeed say the same thing to the Jews. They are God's own people, but if they do not accept their own savior, what bigger slap in the face is there?

Like that or don't like that, it's up to you. Me, I believe it with all my heart, and no biology book can change my mind.

I'm sorry if I came out to be rude, but thats just the plainest way I can state my opinion.

I hate to be so straight forward, but according to my beliefs, the only way into Heaven is to accept Jesus as the lord and savior. I do indeed say the same thing to the Jews. They are God's own people, but if they do not accept their own savior, what bigger slap in the face is there?

Like that or don't like that, it's up to you. Me, I believe it with all my heart, and no biology book can change my mind.

I'm sorry if I came out to be rude, but thats just the plainest way I can state my opinion.

Last time I checked, God was the head honcho for both the Jews and the Christians, so I think he'd have the final say, not his son. And I think I remember reading something about God's unconditional love. I think that having to accept his son as your savior to gain entrance into heaven is a pretty big condition, wouldn't you say?

I'm not trying to change your mind, i'm just pointing out something that (to me) looks like a pretty big oversight.

You're absolutely right, Aru-Wen. God is the head hancho, and does have the final say. He has already done so in his scriptures.

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth shall not parish, but have ever lasting life.

Romans 8:1-2

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

if God is so loving and whatnot, why is he so quick to condemn to Hell? And lets not forget the Muslims. And lets also not forget that the first HALF of the Bible is the same as the Jewish holy book*forgot name, sorry*.

Originally posted by MydnightPsion

if God is so loving and whatnot, why is he so quick to condemn to Hell? And lets not forget the Muslims. And lets also not forget that the first HALF of the Bible is the same as the Jewish holy book*forgot name, sorry*.

God does not condemn anyone to Hell, we condemn ourselves. He gives us many chances to repent and follow Jesus. If we don't do that, it's our own fault.

What about the muslims? What do they have to do with this?

It's the same as the jewish book because it was written basically by jews.

Archived