Home

ugh...i just rented the worst anime ever

Bob Gnarly

its called Patlabor

apperantly its about Police Mechs who are being controlled by wind:confused: and the police try to stop them, i mean come on, this movie has th best cover ive ever seen in so long for an anime! i turned down Ninja Scroll for this crud, these guys in this movie talk for hours on end and then fight for no reason at the end of the movie, the only part i liked was the very last chapter (DVD edition) where they finally actually fought with there mechs, but then, they end that scene in 2 secs and make the character jump out and take on a mach by herself, armed with a shotgun!

i learned my lesson the only good mech movie is Gundam.....anything Gundam....

Next thing you'll be saying is that Robotech and Nadesico are crap too, right? :rolleyes:

Patlabor is aimed at a more mature audience. By mature I don't mean someone who can handle violence, blood, gore or sexuality; I mean someone who watches anime for the plot and character. Patlabor is a anime that relies on its plot to drive it forward. It's not like Gundam, which is dependent on its mecha to hook audiences. You don't like it because there's no action, just a lot of development.

I like Gundam as much as the next mecha anime nut, but Patlabor is older than modern day Gundam series like WIng, X and G Gundam that are meant to hook younger viewers. It's aimed for a different age demographic. Indeed, many older anime watchers rank Patlabor as one of the better animes they've seen. So just because it doesn't have cool mecha battles and stuff like that doesn't mean you should call it crud, because it is anything but that.

I was half hoping when I clicked this topic that you would say DBZ. It was only a half hope though.

Originally posted by Rogue Nine

Next thing you'll be saying is that Robotech and Nadesico are crap too, right? :rolleyes:

Patlabor is aimed at a more mature audience. By mature I don't mean someone who can handle violence, blood, gore or sexuality; I mean someone who watches anime for the plot and character. Patlabor is a anime that relies on its plot to drive it forward. It's not like Gundam, which is dependent on its mecha to hook audiences. You don't like it because there's no action, just a lot of development.

I like Gundam as much as the next mecha anime nut, but Patlabor is older than modern day Gundam series like WIng, X and G Gundam that are meant to hook younger viewers. It's aimed for a different age demographic. Indeed, many older anime watchers rank Patlabor as one of the better animes they've seen. So just because it doesn't have cool mecha battles and stuff like that doesn't mean you should call it crud, because it is anything but that.

I was half hoping when I clicked this topic that you would say DBZ. It was only a half hope though.

hey the story line was weird and on the box it said

"Newcomers will love it, and old anime fans will be hooked on Patlabor"

im sorry but i didnt like it much, and Gundam Is more of a Fighting mech movie, but it has an amazing plot.

oh and speaking Of Dragon ball Z

Dragon Ball Live Action Movie: The Magic Begins

dragonball7.jpg

i spotted this movie to, and was planning on getting it for a good laugh!

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/dragonball/

To tell you, that DBZ live action movie is pretty old. The characters are differently named, it would probably be hard to tell who is who. And, it was ranked for the worst rating. Don't take my word for it! Go ahead and see it!

The one that is supposed to be in production should be better than this one.

This coming from a guy who read a review on it a couple months ago! :animelol:

AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! IM SOOOO SEEING LIVE ACTION!!

omfg, its gonna be hilarious!

anywho, as for good animes, heres my list of what I have seen:

Princess Mononoke

Ghost in the Shell

Cowboy Bebop

Trigun

Outlaw Star

Dragonball Z

Gundam Wing (and other gundam shows)

Escaflowne

Rounoni Kenshin (i dont know how to spell the first part)

YuYu Hakusho

Ehhh...once again, Patlabor isn't for everyone. But just because you don't like it doesn't give you justifiable reason to call it the worst anime ever without providing something more concrete than, "it's confusing, the plot is weird, there's too much talking, there's not enough mecha action". Please.

And I've said dozens of times before and I'll say it again. DBZ is the most worthless piece of **** animation I've ever had the displeasure of watching.

Ehhh...once again, Patlabor isn't for everyone. But just because you don't like it doesn't give you justifiable reason to call it the worst anime ever without providing something more concrete than, "it's confusing, the plot is weird, there's too much talking, there's not enough mecha action". Please.

And I've said dozens of times before and I'll say it again. DBZ is the most worthless piece of **** animation I've ever had the displeasure of watching.

i dont think its that bad. sure its kiddy but compared to pokemon its ok. i prefer the japanese version though. i usually like the DBZ movies. but dragonball is pretty good. but my favs are the more adult and maturer style anime. things like cowboy bebop, Samurai X, Vampire Hunter D, Blood, ninja scrool, and sword for truth.

also i enjoyed patlabor. the movies and the show i find them very good. the animation may not be great but its a compeling story.

oh and eva is very good. i loved it.

DBZ is amusing for about two episodes when you first see it. Then when you realize it's going to take 50+ episodes to complete one whole story arc, you're like, "Cool...this is gonna be really long!" Then when you watch the next story arc, you realize it's the same basic storyline, only dumber but more poweful enemies that cause the arc to become longer by constant repetitive battles. Then you realize that almost ten episodes of the story arc are taken up by inane bathroom noises, another ten of simply bantering back and forth like a bunch of crazed monkey idiots (which, by some sheer coincidence, they are) and then all of one episode covering the battle, then the process starts all over again. Then you realize you want all that time DBZ has taken out of your life back. Because there is no goddamn way that you are gonna watch 700+ episodes of the same recycled sh*t all over again.

DBZ is amusing for about two episodes when you first see it. Then when you realize it's going to take 50+ episodes to complete one whole story arc, you're like, "Cool...this is gonna be really long!" Then when you watch the next story arc, you realize it's the same basic storyline, only dumber but more poweful enemies that cause the arc to become longer by constant repetitive battles. Then you realize that almost ten episodes of the story arc are taken up by inane bathroom noises, another ten of simply bantering back and forth like a bunch of crazed monkey idiots (which, by some sheer coincidence, they are) and then all of one episode covering the battle, then the process starts all over again. Then you realize you want all that time DBZ has taken out of your life back. Because there is no goddamn way that you are gonna watch 700+ episodes of the same recycled sh*t all over again.

well thats why i like the movies better. but yeah i understand your point but its same with pokemon and some other things. sailormoon doesnt go well either all the time.

DBZ is amusing for about two episodes when you first see it.[sNIP]

I don't know if I should be amazed at such a detailed and thorough review, or scared at you for actually wanting to see more than one episode of this garbage.

I always thought DBZ was targeted at 6 year olds. This forum is a real eye opener for me...

I didn't want to see more of it, one of my friends plugged it into the VCR when we were hanging out. Had a good laugh at how dumb the characters were and how they spent their time screaming at each other like they needed to go to the potty really bad. Then it got bad. It ceased being funny and just became flat out inane.

Archived