Home

Anyone like Bond Movies?

Snafu7

Yea... my brother is crazy about James Bond..

I think he watched every single episode like a thousand times..

He says his favorite movie is um.. either goldeney or Die another day.. Well i like them all.. but i like the Indiana Jones series too..

Well thats all i have to say about this topic..

Originally posted by Crazy_dog no.3

I think OHMSS sucked though. The only good bits were when Draco's men attacked Blofeld's base, and the two chases.

That was also the only Bond movie, whose Bond acted in only 1 Bond movie :p

My favorites are Connery and Brosnan. They seem to be the only one with Bond-like class, atleast, the way I envision it. Timothy Dalton is cool too :)

Introducing swgbking, master of the three word post.\

Bond is pretty good, but he's running out of things to do don't you think? I mean just count all the places he's been, cars he's driven, weapons he's used, mistresses he's had. There can'

t possibly be anymore ideas can their?

But I do like the series. Goldeneye s my favorite because of it's sheer coolness with it's characters, and the tank chase scene helps pretty good. :D

All the Bonds are pretty good, but Die Another Day disappointed me...

Its no longer a Bond movie, its just an action movie.

btw, does nebody know if the 2nd DVD pack of the collectors edition is avaible? I got the first one, but never found the 2nd:confused:

Originally posted by Artoo

Bond is pretty good, but he's running out of things to do don't you think? I mean just count all the places he's been, cars he's driven, weapons he's used, mistresses he's had. There can'

D

James Bond has been to Africa only once, and that was back in TSWLM. I think perhaps he should go back to Africa, like the Congo or something.

Originally posted by Artoo

Introducing swgbking, master of the three word post.\

But I do like the series. Goldeneye s my favorite because of it's sheer coolness with it's characters, and the tank chase scene helps pretty good. :D

Bah, you only say that because Bond is a Brit and not American. Shame on you Artoo.

:p

Bond in the Congo... now there's something I could go for. :D

Seriously I really like Bond, but I'm just wondering how much longer they'll be able to keep making ideas for him. And for reference I believe that Brosnan is the best of the Bonds, bar none. Especially with hsi debut in Goldeneye. :)

*laughs at the rememberance of the tank chase scene again* :lol:

Originally posted by Darth54

All the Bonds are pretty good, but Die Another Day disappointed me...

Its no longer a Bond movie, its just an action movie.

btw, does nebody know if the 2nd DVD pack of the collectors edition is avaible? I got the first one, but never found the 2nd:confused:

I am wondering about that myself. The special edition was missing a few of my favorites. I would prefer to have them all.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

I am wondering about that myself. The special edition was missing a few of my favorites. I would prefer to have them all.

The guy at the shop told me that they will probably make the 2nd pack with die another day...

ne1 knows the release that for that?

Originally posted by Darth54

The guy at the shop told me that they will probably make the 2nd pack with die another day...

ne1 knows the release that for that?

I would not imagine that it would be too much longer. I mean the movie came out in November. I have been on the MGN website where they advertise boxed versions of all the movies. Yes, I want all of them, on DVD to watch at my will. I think releasing them with Die Another Day seems like a likely possibility, and I will purchase that alont with Die Another Day, and unlike alot of Bond fans, I actually enjoyed Die Another Day. I will agree that it did break some of the Bond barriers, but they are just trying to keep it fresh for a new special effects oriented audience. I respect that, and think that the James Bond Legacy will live on for a long time to come.

• 2 weeks later...

As I said in the other thread...Bond rocks. I grew up on a diet of Bond movies, and they're still as good today as they were when they began, IMHO. Sure, there have been some that weren't as good as others, but I can't remember one that hasn't been enjoyable.

I think Brosnan is very good in the role, and he's brought back the harder edge to the character that Connery had in Dr. No.

I agree that some in the series are relying more on action, and less on the hard core guts of being a special agent, but the series has always been a bit larger than life. The one that seemed more down to Earth than the rest was From Russia With Love.

I just hope they can revitalise it a bit from now on, and bring the whole shebang up to date in terms of characters and plot devices.

Long live Bond. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by StormHammer

I agree that some in the series are relying more on action, and less on the hard core guts of being a special agent, but the series has always been a bit larger than life. The one that seemed more down to Earth than the rest was From Russia With Love.

:

Licence to Kill and For Your Eyes Only also have somewhat more realistic scenario's.

BTW Licence To Kill for a Bond film is pretty damn voilent. Before that they were all PG but LTK got a 15! :eek: (so as to save confusion, click here for British ratings)

License To Kill sucked though in my opinion. Sure it was violent, big deal. It had to compensate for a lack of gadgets and an imaginative story. I guess it was the last Ian Flemming, but who cares...

My Favorites are (in this order):

Goldfinger

Thunderball

Goldeneye

The Spy Who Loved Me

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

License To Kill sucked though in my opinion. Sure it was violent, big deal. It had to compensate for a lack of gadgets and an imaginative story. I guess it was the last Ian Flemming, but who cares...

Yeah there were not very imaginative gadgets and well, the story was OK but not very "Bondish".

The next film compensated though!:)

Archived