Home

cheaterers

arguile

whats to stop some guy from finding a way to cheat and get like infinite money? that would pretty much ruin the economy and the purpose of being a crafter...im just asking cause the only mmorpg ive played is phantasy star online and in that game money was pretty worthless because people cheated to get infinite money (not that it was hard to get anyway)...so has anyone played a game where the economy remained as stable as we want swg's to be?

Well, because a 'real' MMORPG keeps a strict log on things, so if anything suspicious happens, they have a lot of people being payed to check it out. Also, previous MMORPGs like EverQuest and Asherons Call dealth very strictly with anyone trying to cheat, with permanent bans all over the place. So cheating is much more rare in these games than in say, Counterstrike or Unreal Tournament.

• 2 weeks later...

If the player goes wild buying everything then people will wonder and report it. In other games there are Ops - which i imagine SWG to have also; that run around like a normal or invisible player and watch things/people. Entire clans in other games have been banned for cheating and credit cards have been banned. So really is it worth wasting so much money on a game then cheating for a short time til your banned. Most people would agree with me - therefore a cut back in cheaters.

This will be much better then the normal FPS is players have more to lose then a temp kick.

well a lot of games it is impossible to cheat like others said... like Command and conquer games... no cheats excist... BUT there are always certain glitches. Like in C&C Tiberian Sun.. i was able to build a building inside the enemy camp... .. it was a glitch.,... :p

:confused: What that makes no sences

thats what you think i bet but i have played all kinds of games like this some will band you for killing and a no killing zone

I think that there should be diffrent kinds of things to happen to rule breakers and cheaters

Note dislikes cheaters :mad:

:snear:

:lsduel:

This guys are just funny :)

I dont think that cheating will be a thing in SWG. Thats why they spend so much time beta testing it. Also if you do get caught cheating(just you) then you will probaly lose your account. Or if a whole bunch or people on a server start cheating then they might just fix the bug and rollback till the point before the glitch happened.

dont worry guys cheating is 99% impossible because all info is stored server side so u cant do anything client side(hacks). so dont worry these are professional programmers witha multimillion dollar company they wont let anything slip thru

Archived