• Rodian
    • Zabrak
    • Twi'lek
    • Bothan
    • Mon Calamari

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm? I have been wondering whether or not to chose a human as my first character. Originally I thought it would be the best idea because they are the most customizable, and have average stats in all abilities (I think)? But I noticed from this post that a majority ~35% are going to be humans. The star wars universe from the aspect of the star wars galaxies will be predominantly human. Ahhhhhhh! I wonder how many Han Solo "look-alikes" there will be? I am probably going to pick a human but I am going to try to stray away from the smuggler Han Solo persona. I am probably going to chose the doctor class or field medic (If I join a faction). Also I might chose scout and marksman if I can.

And before I end this post.

*fires blaster at swediot=)*

:chewie: *high-pitched scream* *thud*

*::rolling-dive:: fires blaster at Abaddon*

:bossk: *another high-pitched scream* *thud*

*says to himself, what is with all these high-pitched screams*

Well, it looks like my work is done here ;)

Human for me...why you say? Well, I've only ever played aliens prior to this. Every WEG SW RPG character I ever had was an alien, save one. Let's see, I played a Squib, Verpine, Barabel, Ugor, Duros, Devaronian....oh, there was one human I played, but he was an annoying blue Jedi Master. ;P

ok, well see if you multiply the amount of people that have voted times 5000, you can come up with sumthing near to what the amount of that particular thing will be:

20 votes x 500 players= 10,000 players

9 humans x 500 players= 4,500 humans

1 wookie x 500 players= 500 wookies

2 trandoshans x 500 players= 1,000 trandoshans

1 rodian x 500 players= 500 rodians

4 zabraks x 500 players= 2,000 zabraks

1 twi'lek x 500= 500 twi'leks

1 bothan x 500= 500 bothans

1 mon calamari x 500= 500 mon calamaris

See? humans tke up 45% of the game... wait a minute that makes sense. HA! I've proven myself wrong.

:laughing:

ok, well see if you multiply the amount of people that have voted times 5000, you can come up with sumthing near to what the amount of that particular thing will be:

Lol! Ok if you tried this approach after 2 people posted and one slected Wookie and the other selected Twi'lek then you would have a galaxy full hair balls and snake heads, and no humans. You need a few hundred responses before you can make an accurate graph of race distribution. Try the official site which has already done this:

Check poll number 108

almost 5000 responses...

Yes, that might be true for the first character a person but I would like to know what everyone will choose as their second or third characters. Of course, this information cannot be polled until the game is actually released. I expect the amount of the humans to go down and the amount of the other alien races to go up.

Also, you cannot make the assumption that this poll represents the population of the people who play Star Wars Galaxies. This poll is biased. What I mean by biased is that it is voluntary-biased, because only the people who look on this forum and who are willing to take part in the poll are actually represented. According to statistics, you would have to either poll the entire population (population = everyone who will play Star wars Galaxies), or conduct calculations on a sample that is gathered randomly. These these methods are too complex for such a topic, a better alternative who be to gather data from similar polls on different sites, then take the mean of the data gathering. The more polls, the greater the accuracy of the data.

Of course the more people in the poll, the more accurate it is! If anything its a decent poll of the people who visit this forum regularly. Yes, the official sony poll has a lot more twi'leks, but its the same output basically.

human

zabraks

are going to be the majority, with humans consisting of 40-50% of the population. Zabraks will probably be around 10-20%

Archived