Home

Photo-editing

How do you like it?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like it?

• Horah! That's darn good for a newb!
    • It's good but you could've spent more time.
    • WTF! You call that photo-editing?!

Heh, well, I must start this post with by mentioning that I suck at photo editing. I mean, the best creation yet is my image signature. But a little pointer: align heads to torsos etc so that they create more realistic poses, and always have the same colour on backgrounds as the items you edit. That way, the lines where you cut are not that obvious... now*in the voice of setsuko, shao-lin laoshi*: at it again! Only by practise does the grasshopper become the mantis! ;)

try to have the same color saturations and brightness between the element you want to combine... for example your yoda is bight green whil jango's body is desaturated..dunno if you understan what i mean..

anyways good job for a firt try.

here's my try :

yofett.txt

Try playing with the Levels (ctrl + L), the Hue and Saturation (ctrl + U), the color balancing (ctrl + B), the curves and the contrast/brightness. These are all ways you can make the color tones and brightness match better.

but one of the most importnt thing is to try to pick 2 (or more) pictures that already match pretty well together in terms of body orientation. for example, your Yoda is looking right while jour jango faces us, this makes it very hard to be a believable montage.

that's why i started with black and white so i practiced my positionning of the elements, also because modifying the colors can be very hard at firts.

hope this helps

I'm not much at creating things from scratch but I have an obessive hobby with editing existing images. :D

For editing the brightness these are the two easiest ways,

1. Look at the top of the window where the buttons are. Go to Image > Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast. There you can mess around with the brightness.

2. If you just want to darken some of the image do this. Look at your toolbar on the left. Go to it's right collumn. count down to the seventh button. Hold down your mouse button on it and it will show a few more buttons. Look for the one that says Burn Tool. It should look like a hand. Click it and now you can, "burn" places on your image. To adjust how intense the burn is or how big the brush is, adjust the settings using the menu that will show up right below the top window buttons.

You start with This picture and after a lil' boredom you get a pic with stacked cliches like this. Then I got bored yesterday and made myself an experimental sig pic.

And here is Yoda Fett :D

I'm learning photoshop too. I'm still looking for some tutorials cuz some stuff is a pain in the arse to do. Makes it all complicated when I just wanna paste a freaking picture right there but NOOO have to do all this complicated crap....

anywho. It's an ok first try

Ya, I got 7 at school. I'm hoping my dad's friend has version 7 too.... I learned how to make flaming text :D Still working on the Chrome text tho....

Also.. anyone know a place to get Adobe Premiere and winDVD cheap. I empasize the cheap part... I'm not made of money you know....

Originally posted by legameboy

is version 6 of photoshop fine (lol)

i also added another picture to the page, i need to know how to zoom in to cut that zabrak chick better, and how to do a shadow, thnx for replies, :D :D :D

To Zoom,

Look at your left toolset again. Now look at it's right collumn. Count down to the eleventh button. Click on it. That is the zoom tool. :D Click on the pic wher eyou want to zoom in at. To zoom out, right click and select, "Zoom Out". :D

Now to get the girl out, use the lasso tool. It's the second one down on the left of the left toolbar. You use it by holding down your mouse button and dragging around the desired object.

To do a shadow,

It's kind of a hassle to do without a plugin but here's the long way,

1. Duplicate the layer of the piece you want to have casting a shadow. (right click on the layer where it's listed in the right toolbar set and hit, "Duplicate Layer".

2. Make sure the duplicated layer is below the orginal. If it's not, you can drag it below in the right toolbar.

3. Press Shift+F5. A small window will come up. In the USE box, set it to BLACK and make sure PRESERVE TRANSPARENCY is checked. Hit ok. This will make the object black.

4. Now, using the arrow tool, "top left corner of left toolbar", move this now black object a little so it looks as if it is the shadow of the original object.

5. Looks pretty rough still, doesn't it? Well here's how we fix that.

Go to FILTER>>BLUR>>GAUSSION BLUR

The filter button is listed at the top of photoshop. Set the Radisu of the blur to like 2.5 or whatever floats your boat.

It should now look like a shadow. You can mess around with it's transparency if it is too dark.

To save a ton of time I highly recommend getting the filter pack called, "Eye Candy 4000". It has a great tool for making shadows.

Archived