Home

Cheating

SpyCatcher

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ

there are exploits which are beyond unfair to the extent that they are considered cheating.

I'd like to know about these, could you give me a list? I thought that exploits had been kept to a minimum. Are you refering to pull/throw and the like, or something else?

Jeff, that bug can dominate games, I had a demo of it being used literally non-stop. When a player never misses a rocket shot for 20 minutes, when the rockets home at the cost of only one ammo, and when the homing rockets fly at the speed of normal rockets, it can dominate a game.

Thanks for responding people but I am not sure what "Laming" means I was refering to the numerous different cheats that are available (different stances, more power in the saber when striking, using 4 dirrerent force power at once, unlimited health). Has these been corrected I would like to begin playing again. Let me know please.

those sound a lot like SP cheats, but.... more stances can be aquired with JediMod, ForceMod, OmniMod, JediPlus, and the like. Never heard of 4 forces at once nor seen a player w/ unlimited health (anyway, how would you know if he had unlimited??).

Originally posted by SpyCatcher

Thanks for responding people but I am not sure what "Laming" means I was refering to the numerous different cheats that are available (different stances, more power in the saber when striking, using 4 dirrerent force power at once, unlimited health). Has these been corrected I would like to begin playing again. Let me know please.

The stuff you're describing sounds like the things you can do in the various JediMod/Plus style mods out there or are just server settings (like g_saberdamagescale). Did you get any of these on plain ol' basejk servers?

All the mods you describle are standard and were available within weeks of Outcasts release. All of the cheats I refered to are used in MP this is the reason so many just stopped playing. As for the four force powers right after each other and unlimited health ..... those were the cheats I used just to compete on MP. There use to be a cheat that allowed you jump and fly accross the entire map without landing.

Lucas Arts never attempted to fix the scripts or cheats in the game I would like to know if a new patch has been made available to prevent all types of cheating. Thank you for responding.

Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ

Jeff, that bug can dominate games, I had a demo of it being used literally non-stop. When a player never misses a rocket shot for 20 minutes, when the rockets home at the cost of only one ammo, and when the homing rockets fly at the speed of normal rockets, it can dominate a game.

Isn't that the way rockets normally work though? What is the bug? And can't you just push them away anyhow?

Originally posted by Prime

Isn't that the way rockets normally work though? What is the bug? And can't you just push them away anyhow?

No.. when you use a rocket as a homer, it costs 2 rounds and flys slower. if you can get it to home at the cost of 1 and at the faster speed thats cheating. as if you flag running you not got time to push them away, you nomaly rely on speed and doge to evade them.

Originally posted by N3mesis

There are numerous exploits in base jk2 MP like the invisible saber bug, and one witch lets you regenerate your HP in duel servers, none of these require mods or cheat enabled servers

How do you regenerate health in duel servers? Perhaps I can implement a fix for the JA Mod...

Thanks!!

you lag yourself out and reconnect.

and exploits? FF dueling revolves around exploits. be it pull kick, glitch kick, pull throw, pull throw kick.

and you can fly across temple and some other maps if you hit an incline when landing while holding jump. that is if you have force jump.

also 4 forces at once? never seen this but you can do forces in rapid succession so fast that it seems that it is happening at once. i've been accused of hacking more than once because i can pk or ptk.

heh you should see this little combo/bug Break found and was working on in private before he left.

It's hard to describe and picture but he nails you with a ptk against a wall and kind of kicks off you and avoids the return on the saber throw and it buzzes around him shredding you up before he hits the ground.

I'm not sure if he ever made a demo of it but it was really cool, I've never seen anyone else do it or even attempt it.

Archived