Home

which pilot would come out tops in a one-on-one among the following?

benTantilles

which pilot would beat all others listed here in a 1-on-1 dogfight?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. which pilot would beat all others listed here in a 1-on-1 dogfight?

• Wedge Antilles (x-wing)
    • Boba Fett (slave one)
    • Han Solo (falcon)
    • Soontir Fel (tie interceptor)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not slave 1....not fel, unless he was in a tie defender or X1, which I see he is not....han or wedge....han or wedge....well.....let's rule out proton torps here.....(the falcon's got concussion missles anyway...better for anit-fighter fighting)....based on the movies, han (if he had 2 gunners). based on the books....eh...han. (I don't know much of the extent of fel's skillzz....haven't read comics or books of him, but oh well.)

WHAT??!?!?! NO!!! WEDGE HAS BEEN OUSTED!!

ok...let me chill a bit...

Wedge had to pull out of the Death Star run, while Han had a major impact upon it.

what sort of logic izzat? wedge was being gunned after by vader and his 2 wingmen (and the fact that he ACTUALLY survived while the others didn't is testament to his superior skill)...han was just a guy who shot down ONE tie fighter (hardly a feat worthy of recognition- but the fact that he did come back WAS) which anyone could do. the thing was that han's destruction of that ONE tie fighter distracted the other tie pilot to crash into vader's ship. End result: luke's tail is cleared so he can proceed to destroy the DS...so yes, han's presence DID save the day, but it should be attributed to his moral character rather than his flying skill. :D

look, i think han's great, but i really AM of the opinion that han would get fried should he battle with wedge in a one-on-one. why do i say so?

1) see my out-manoeuvring vs out-fighting reply a few posts up..and don't forget thatt we ARE NOT considering the extra gunners in the falcon. it's just han and wedge.

2) han was widely regarded as fel's equal-their stint in masquerade and the hand of thrawn trilogy verified this. and i've already shown u y wedge is superior to fel...check out my reply to duck's vote of support for fel....something along the lines of the piloting skills comparison between wedge, tycho & fel.

dardle- jus coz soontir was in a squint and managed to survive in NO WAY means he's a better pilot than wedge, who spent most of his career in shielded-craft. the squint has its merits, including FAR SUPERIOR manoeuvrability and speed...and also, let's not forget that wedge spent a fair deal of time in a squint as well....he survived AND he kicked zsinj ass with it. ANOTHER REASON why wedge's better than fel: kills. it's a fact that fel has been serving longer than wedge...yet, fel manages to secure only a miniscule TWENTY kills (see cover, in the empire's service I) by the time of the battle of brentaal...but wedge managed to frag an amazing ONE-HUNDRED AND TEN TIES ALONE (ITES 2 cover) by the same battle. and this is all in spite of the fact that fel served longer than wedge. EDIT-yes, this can be attributed to the fact that x-wings & y-wings are harded to kill...but still 110:20....the ration is a bit too high to convince me that's the chief reason why fel scored so low. also, wedge managed to rack up more kills during his short stint as kettch (in an "inferior" squint) then fel did in 7-odd years. that's sad, and speaks voumes of wedge's superiority.

based on the movies, han

...how'd u come to that conclusion? there isn't really a direct basis for comparison. both of em did superbly well in the trilogy, with han flying thru that asteroid field and wedge in the battles of hith & endor. u can't really come to a conclusive conclusion (:D) based on the movies alone...no, u haf to refer to the eu. and when eu comes into play, wedge really IS the better pilot.

to wedge!

one on one would depend on the ships each other has.

if they both had the same ship, depending on what it was, (lets say an x-wing) wedge would probably skim out a victory. thats probably because han is used to flying a bualky cargo ship, and still does damn fine with that!

if each pilot , wedge and han, flew their respectable ships i think han would win because the falcon and han's knowledge of how to fly it to its best would give him the upper hand. the falcon has heavier shields and better weapons, but the x-wing is faster and more manuverable. though han is a very good pilot at evading and racing. that is why i think han would win, given that scenario.

as for the other 2 choices, i dont think they would stand a chance. IMO.:)

wedge would probably skim out a victory.

'skim out'? wedge would TRASH han's ass in an x-wing duel! it's been his mainstay craft for as long as he's been with the rebellion-yes, that long-and he's grown accustomed to the general feel of the ship, among other things. the x-wing would be relatively new to han. no, wedge would definitely win this one.

han's knowledge of how to fly it to its best

like i said, the falcon is to han like the x-wing is to wedge.

falcon has heavier shields and better weapons

yeah, but han won't have access to most of them, by which i mean the 2 quad lasers, if he's flying. by contrast, wedge'll have the x-wing's entire array of armament at hand in the cockpit.

• 3 weeks later...

well...i think i'm a pretty objective guy....the only reason why i'm complaining now is coz i honestly believe that wedge would win this dogfight...if i were to put up, say, a marksman poll with wedge, wes, han & luke in it, i wouldn't expect wedge to come out tops at all. i wouldn't even vote for him.... i only go for him in pilot-affiliated things, where he truly is tops. i mean, that's why i like him so. well, one of the reasons anyway.

lol...yeah, luke's such a whiner. wedge's been a pretty cool guy from the very start. he only let loose when his parents were dieing (but hey, who wouldn't?)...but he regained his edge after booster told him that their deaths were no accident

(booster, feeling very apprehensive:"sorry wedge...but it seems....the (pirate) freighter deliberately set fire to your parents' station to stall CorSec" to which wedge responds, with narrowed eyes and a cool demeanour: "i see. isn't there a functional z-95 in your cargo compartment?" booster:"yes" wedge:"will u try and stop me?" booster:"no" and then he went to blow the huge pirate freighter up in his borrowed z-95. and all this when he was 16)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived