Home

HalfLife 2 Video

RpTheHotrod

OMG!

THATS A AMAZING!

at first i thought it was Multiplayer because those guys seemed WAY to smart.... I'm wrong i guess. When you see those guys waiting around in the lower level around those barrels only to get nailed by that bar!

WOW!

NOW THAT IS AN INTERACTIVE ENVIRONMENT!

puts all other games who claim to have that to shame.

Originally posted by X-Vector

Watch this streaming video first, then change the "8" before "dn" to a number between 1-8 (although nr 2 doesn't seem to be working).

Prepare to be gobsmacked.

Where's the "dn" you're talking about? I can't see any numbers anywhere on that page...

But damn, it looks real... I especially like how the strider nailed the poor man, and threw him away like a doll afterwards. Sick, twisted detail.

The "dn" is in the URL.

There's a zip file available that has six of these movies, you can find it here: ftp://ftp.vein.hu/pub/windows/games/e3/e3_hl2movies.zip

A bit of warning though, the file is 200MB and it's pretty hard to get through to the ftp site, I use WS_FTP and after multiple attempts to connect I finally got in.

Downloading at 1.76 Mbps now.

Originally posted by C'jais

I especially like how the strider nailed the poor man, and threw him away like a doll afterwards. Sick, twisted detail.

What do you think of the letters Gordon is beaming at the Strider, first "F" then "U"? :D

Thanks for all those videos, man.

Half-life 2 footage is much, much cheaper than "Anal Adventures", "Lusty Nymphs" and "Teen XXX".

And you even save all the hassle of returning them to Blockbuster!

Now, to get some more paper towels...

I read about the environment interaction but now I've actually seen it with my own eyes and I can't believe it!! Wow, I mean WOW!! The games physics are absolutely amazing.

The games plays real, looks real and sounds real. I have a feeling this is gonna be the closet we will get to reality in a game for a very long time!

Thanks for the all the links. The first one won't load for some reason. The Gamespot streaming video is unwatchable on 56k.

*kicks internet connection*

Luckily, I managed to grab another HL2 vid from somewhere else, and watched that. The game looks like it's going to absolutely ROCK!

I'm starting to feel guilty about criticising Valve for so long...in fact, I'm going to apologise here and now for being such a jerk.

Valve...YOU GUYS ROCK! :D

Originally posted by StormHammer

Luckily, I managed to grab another HL2 vid from somewhere else, and watched that. The game looks like it's going to absolutely ROCK!

Which video did you see?

If it's the 'static' IGN teaser, then you're in for a treat, because the gameplay videos are far more interesting (though unfortunately also far lower in footage quality).

Archived