Home

star wars hyperspace?!?

Fishflesh

Wow... you wouldn't think they were in a position to be that desperate to make a pay site. Whatever... they ain't getting my money. There seems to be nothing there worth it anyway. Unless you've got that big of a hard on for all the useless stuff.

it's a move that was to be expected..

Lucasfilm knows all too well that these coming two years will be the last major Star Wars push they can have, so i reckon they'll be building large funds to restructure / restart parts of the SW-companies after 2005. Having a pay-site, or at least part of it, fits totally in that scheme. I would not be surprised to see more moves like this to make a fast buck out of Ep. 3.

In fact, i'll make the prediction that most material included in the subscription will be part of a superdeluxe 6 or 7 DVD-set of the entire saga, on sale sometime in 2006 / 2007... that's of course AFTER Ep. 3 is released as a stand-alone DVD.

Then there's the possibility of a ' making of the saga' DVD pack, filled to the brim with features. Oh well, you get the picture...

The subscription fee for Hyperspace has been confirmed to be 19,95. And I'm not going to pay that.

Why ? Because it's content that's bound to come our way some time in the future. I can already imagine the complete FLOOD of ripped video's from that subscription on P2P-networks, starting end of june....

Mark my words: this won't have the effect LFL hopes it will have, but it won't stop them from trying more like this..

Originally posted by Darth54

I heard its actually $19.95 a year....

...are you really gonna pay 20 bucks to see the ep3 trailer a week before everybody else? No!

if its 10 then maby i do

whats 10 bucks a year.....?

man i almost spent 100 every week

but if its 20 i probely wont

on the starwars forum everybody seem to meantion 10

It's cheaper than Cable! I'm getting it soon. It's only 20 bucks a year. That's how much I make a week from mowing the lawn. No problem for me to sign up. And I'd also think that you teenagers and grown up people would have more money to use on a cheap thing like this.

Wish it were that easy, but unfortunately some of us can't rely on odd jobs around the house to make income, namely me. Also we can't rely on getting a job because there are less jobs than usual in an already employers market, leaving me without a real job. And if I wasn't still under my parent's roof, I would have to worry about food, gas, rent, bills, any payments, and pampering my girlfriend. So in the end $20 is a big deal. :(

Wish it were that easy though.

Originally posted by Billy Shears

I probably won't be getting hyperspace for the same reason I'm not getting Galaxies:

Paying for anything sucks. Period.

Can you get anything without paying, is the question. Legally.

Oh, and I won't be getting this either. For same reason that Billy Shears gave. Except, I think paying, not for anything, but for something like this sucks. I like paying flat fees for my games, so if I don't like it or I do like it, I still have it and I can afford it once I have it if it becomes an addiction.

Archived