Home

Playing Multiple Char

Damarius

I would play more than one until i'm comfortable with what i want from my main character... but unfortunately i cant without changing servers and losing all my friends, so i won't do it... its not worth it.

you only get one character per server :(

I plan on just having one character from start to finish (unless the almighty FS slot is unlocked). I don't want to bother with multiple characters, I never have in previous MMO's because I like concentrating on one character. And if no one is around that I usually group with with that one character I have no problem with soloing. So one character for me!

They said there would be a "family plan" where you could have more characters on a server. Or at least its something like that.

Unless you can link as a URL, then you are mistaken. The family plan is for all Sony games EXCEPT Star Wars and only refers to a reduction in monthy subscription if you are playing several of their games. You get one fee to play an account of EQ, EQ Adventures, Planetside, and whatever else they have with the exception of Star Wars. They state this is because SWG is not fully Sony's because it is owned by Lucas.

If you want more than one character per server, you are going to have to buy another set of game disks, and pay full fee for second subscription just like we do for multiple accts of Everquest.

I'll go with Danyx, secondary char (or even tertiary char) will be used when I'm

a) bored with Starsider

b) not allowed into Starsider (too many players)

or

c) interested in trying out another species.

Character creation is fun. So I want to do that once in a while. Secondary servers are good for this.

Bogo: my suggestion is to wait with the decision until you sit there with the character generator. Play around with it a while; take every species and change the looks. Adjust it. Find out the extremes, and then the ground between them, and how the different cosmetic choises cooperates. See which species you can use to meet your idea of the coolest guy/gal around, or just one that fits the kind of character you want to play. After doing this, the choise of species will (hopefully) be easier.

Or, on second thought, it might also make it harder, as you see all the nifty avatars you'll have to abandon to make your avatar. If that is the case, write the names up on a wall and throw dart until a winner is declared.

Originally posted by setsuko

I'll go with Danyx, secondary char (or even tertiary char) will be used when I'm

a) bored with Starsider

b) not allowed into Starsider (too many players)

or

c) interested in trying out another species.

Character creation is fun. So I want to do that once in a while. Secondary servers are good for this.

That's pretty much what I'm gonna do to. :)

Except maybe not on Sunrunner. I'll leave that one to those that are serious on playing on it. ;)

We'll see though.

...I'm going to be SERIOUSLY dissapointed if Starsider is too full to log in...oh yeah...SERIOUSLY...it's the main reason I quit another MMORPG...I got on once in 4 days of trying and said "Screw it."

If that does happen I'll just go to some backwater server and have fun with the pop of 15...better than waiting 4 days to log in for 30 minutes...(couldn't get back in once the game kicked me...so I immediatly uninstalled)

Originally posted by darthfergie

...I'm going to be SERIOUSLY dissapointed if Starsider is too full to log in...oh yeah...SERIOUSLY...it's the main reason I quit another MMORPG...I got on once in 4 days of trying and said "Screw it."

If that does happen I'll just go to some backwater server and have fun with the pop of 15...better than waiting 4 days to log in for 30 minutes...(couldn't get back in once the game kicked me...so I immediatly uninstalled)

Im just going to pertend it won't happen, and hopefully it won't. :) *Prays* I must get in i must. :eek::p

i don't really care about which server i go on. If my friends and I pick a smaller server, I still reakon it will be fun. But if you want to find new friends, there's always going to be someone on a server. I'll just go on the second most popular server...

Unless you can link as a URL, then you are mistaken. The family plan is for all Sony games EXCEPT Star Wars and only refers to a reduction in monthy subscription if you are playing several of their games. You get one fee to play an account of EQ, EQ Adventures, Planetside, and whatever else they have with the exception of Star Wars. They state this is because SWG is not fully Sony's because it is owned by Lucas.

Danyx, thanks for clearing that up...

Originally posted by ShadowGecko

i don't really care about which server i go on. If my friends and I pick a smaller server, I still reakon it will be fun. But if you want to find new friends, there's always going to be someone on a server. I'll just go on the second most popular server...

Well since the Pa im in is based on starsider i don't have much choice, but i want to go to starsider anyway. :)

Archived