Home

Cheerleaders

Natopo

In my school, my first period English teacher used to be a cheerleader. As some of you can imagine, having to tolerate all those annoying cheerleader sounds like, "Yay!", or "Woohoo" for an entire school year kind of gets irritating. I'd like to know what you guys think about cheerleaders. Post your thoughts.

From what I see cheerleaders, where I live, aren't as extreme as normal American stereotype makes them to me. I gotta admit, they do get kind of annoying at times, but they aren't the most popular people in school and consequently, they aren't the most haughty and stuck up either.

To be a cheerleader you only need two things.

1. Decent looks. (blond hair helps)

2. A mask with a smile painted on it.

That about sums it up. They are generally popular because of their looks, not because they are cheerleaders.

Originally posted by Tie Guy

To be a cheerleader you only need two things.

1. Decent looks. (blond hair helps)

2. A mask with a smile painted on it.

That about sums it up. They are generally popular because of their looks, not because they are cheerleaders.

Quite right. And not all "good-looking" people are cheerleaders, and so not all popular people are cheerleaders.

I've noticed an interesting trend happening at my school with this cheerleader phenomenon. It used to be cheerleader was like a status symbol or something, but it seems that was more Jr. High. Now that it is Sr. High I notice alot of the girls who do it are not necessarily the most popular, even though they do hang out with the most popular people. They are also not the most gorgeous even though they are all candidates for that award. Anyway, it seems they all are genuinely school spirited, kinda like us band dorks, and we sorta have a symbiotic relationship going on at football games.

So to put it this way, as people make the jump from Jr. High to High School, they wise up socially, albeit if it is just a tiny fraction of the jump from High School to College.

I think that sums my thoughts up. :)

You seriously don't want me to get started about my opinion of cheerleaders. Let's just say that the sports teams didn't get much support cause are cheerleaders where always the "talk of the school". They won National Championships 2 years in a row, so everyone talked about them, even though we had a soccer team that almost won state. It went alot deaper than that, but I won't go into it all. In short, (to late) I HATE CHEERLEADERS!

I am not "peppy" enough to be a cheerleader. Nor did I aspire to be one in H.S. The cheerleaders here in CA are BLONDE, somewhat pretending to be airheads and are very popular. In fact it was like a really expensive and exclusive club to join. I thought it was just stupid.

Rhett could one of those Beefcake-Unknown Sexuality-Male Cheerleaders.

FUN FACT: During the Vietnam War, Trent Lott, former Senate Majority Leader, was a beefcake cheerleader at Mississippi Sate University

Cheerleaders can be funny, yes, but they are still annoying.

And by the way, Tie Guy, I much agree with your two qualities of cheerleaders. There's not been a time where my English teacher has not been smiling. Even when she's doing that dorky frown, it seems she's still smiling.

Some of the cheerleaders at school are nice, and two of them are just about perfect. They're gorgeous, fun, and definitely not stupid. (both of them got college credit via AP classes). Too bad both have boyfriends in college.

Archived