Home

Super hero

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I don't know really. I didn't act dead either, I felt myself die as realistically as you two saw it. Next thing I knew, I found myself buried in a graveyard when I came to. I don't know really what happened. I guess my job isn't finished here or something."

Devil Hunter noticed the look but shrugged. "Tom West didn't exactly stop there when I died, he still thinks you two also killed his parents. But, I did some recon before I got back here. Tom is planning to extract something from a building, I know which, but I don't know what hes extracting. There's 20 or more guards in there, but, as we are widely known, I'm sure we won't have much problem getting the guards to let us in for a 'tour'."

Meanwhile, the sun had risen, and 3 persons had arrived to where West was, a sniper, Sean McManus, a demolitions/electronics expert, Jeff Howard, and a master assalut merc, Julio Fernandez. He showed them the site, and some pictures of how it was at night. They started a plan.

"To be honest," Shadowfox replied returning Devil Hunter's gaze, "I still have doubts as to who you are. The whole idea of a 'tour' sounds a little dangerous, but you would like that, wouldn't you?"

It suddenly struck her what she had said and she gasped. "It really is you."

With that, all of her doubts were put aside and she stood up straight. Even so, she was a good little bit shorter than either of the men who stood with her.

"Lead the way," she told Devil Hunter.

Devil Hunter smiled and patted Shadowfox on the back, "I don't blame you for your doubt, I would too if I saw my friend die before my eyes and then just suddenly be here." He turned to Sharpshooter and Shadowfox. "Well, let's go. We have to get there before they do." He headed out the door and started toward the targeted building, checking back every now and then to make sure Fox and Shooter haven't fallen behind.

The plan was set. West got in position, and confirmed everything.

West *Through radio*: McManus, you in position

Mcmanus: Yes, sir.

West: Jeff, how many people in there?

Jeff: About 20, storming this place is going to be hell.

West: Are the explosives set?

Jeff: Yes, I put semtex and C4 on that wall. It will fall.

West: Good.

West turned to Julio next to him.

West: you ready?

Julio: Yes.

West *Through radio*: OK, we're on in one minute

Shadowfox followed Devil Hunter and Sharpshooter as they made their way toward the building. They were not being very secretive, but she knew that they had no need to be. After all, who could be watching at a time when West was overseeing whatever was going to happen here?

McManus: We got people approaching the building

West *Through radio*: You know who they are?

McMAnus: Looks like your old friends

WEst: Blow the wall, NOW

*the wall suddenly blew up, immediatly Mcmanus sniped the two patrol gaurds and started sniping the people coming out from the tunnel. West and Fernandez opened fire on them too.*

*West and Julio ran into then building, having killed most of the gaurds near the now blown up wall.*

West: We have to split up. I'm going for the safe, you distract them.

*meanwhile, a nearby military base was alerted to the disturbance, and choppers were already heading to the site*

Devil Hunter took off, running straight into the building, running into the building and getting past any guards that tried to stop him. Seconds later, two bullets hit the ground near West's feet as he headed to the safe. Standing in front of him suddenly, was Devil Hunter.

Devil Hunter gave him a smile, as if everything seemed casual and not an emergency situation.

"I'm back from the grave, West, a message from those who you wish to avenge.. We didnt do it."

Devil Hunter was suddenly in front of West.

"What proof do you have we did it? Someone's word? Is that it? No physical evidence?"

He knew that West was suprised at his presence.

"You're only 15, you comprehend much but you would know nothing of those events that happened then. I knew your parents, yes, but I, nor any of my friends killed them, I can easily promise that." He pointed his gun at Tom West, or at least thats what it appeared.

"You have a decision. You can continue working for whoever you are working for, or you can believe me. I don't plan on killing you, but I DO plan on finding out what your looking for, as not many things are important enough to blow down the wall for. And you can order as many people as you want to shoot me, I don't care."

((OOC: Yes I realize I'm posting a lot today, I'm just that bored =P))

Suddenly time around them had stopped. The silver gem on Devil Hunter's Amulet, which was now on Devil Hunter as he had taken it from Shooter without him knowing. Only Tom West, he, Shooter, and Fox could move in the stopped time. Devil Hunter holstered both his handguns.

"Alright, what do you want to know? I can tell you anything regarding your parents or anything that happened then that might have lead up to their deaths."

"I expected you to ask that... Sit down." He pulled over a chair, despite the stopped time everything was still interactable.

He leaned against the wall and looked West in the eye after he had sat down.

"No one gets their powers from learning them, they are born with them. Your father was a great 'hero' in our group...He had similar abilities that you did. He retired soon after he married your mother. Unfortunately, he had been in the middle of a very important case involving some information about a very serious..someone, I'm not quite sure who, the name slips me at the moment, it was several years ago, after all. Anyway, the information he knew before he was important was very important to that someone, something he didn't want the officials to know as he would be arrested for it, so he had your parents killed, or killed them him or her self. Would you mind telling me what is the name of the man you are doing this favor for?"

Shadowfox was in the middle of defending herself when time stopped. The guy she had been fighting had also been stopped and her legs extended completely without hitting anything. She dropped to the ground, barely able to pull into a crouch.

"Perfect timing, Devil," she muttered, knocking the guy over and going to find Devil Hunter.

"That wasn't Devil who stopped time," a voice from out of nowhere echoed. A misty white cloud began to fill the room, and a nearly wolf-like Sharp Shooter entered the room.

"It was myself who did so. I've got a spell book, and I'm not afraid to use it! Heheheheh," he quoted,"A little humor to enlighten your spirits, y'know......" Then his thoughts turned to something else on his mind, something elusive.

"Where's Devil Hunter?"

Archived