Home

Sniping- cowardly way of fighting or not?

Lightsaberboy

Click on the stats link in my sig to see my answer.

Any snipe is good but one of my favs is sniping someone at point blank range as they attempt a dfa on me.

It still suprises me how many descent players still don't realize that even with sabredefend set to X3 that I can snipe right through it While the Sabre is swinging.

Snipers are easy to take out, too. You're zoomed in most of the time, so you have a limited field of vision. In FFA_Massassi for example, you're also probably hiding in a bush, limited your field of vision even more. I see idiots all the time that run up to me, and I can here them fifty feet away. If you crouch while approaching, then do something like a strong saber swing, the sniper won't know what happened.

Originally posted by Emon

Snipers are easy to take out, too. You're zoomed in most of the time, so you have a limited field of vision. In FFA_Massassi for example, you're also probably hiding in a bush, limited your field of vision even more. I see idiots all the time that run up to me, and I can here them fifty feet away. If you crouch while approaching, then do something like a strong saber swing, the sniper won't know what happened.

By "snipers" I think you mean "noobish wannabe snipers." :p I'm rarely zoomed in for longer than a few seconds at a time, and I don't hide in bushes, I'm constantly moving around the map. When I spot a target I'll stop, zoom in, charge up, fire, then zoom out and move again. The disruptor is deadly both at close range and from hundreds of meters away, and anywhere in between. :D

Only snipers think sniping is "cool". It is by far the least skilled way to kill someone (save using red only lightsaber skill). I for one require a challenge... and sniping surely is not one. If you can move a mouse you can snipe like a pro. I always find it funny when the sniper rifles (and rockets) are left out of a server... makers for a very fun and challenging time if you have other SKILLED players online.

Suck saber snipewhores lol

Rokk

Originally posted by Rokk

Only snipers think sniping is "cool". It is by far the least skilled way to kill someone (save using red only lightsaber skill). I for one require a challenge... and sniping surely is not one. If you can move a mouse you can snipe like a pro. I always find it funny when the sniper rifles (and rockets) are left out of a server... makers for a very fun and challenging time if you have other SKILLED players online.

Suck saber snipewhores lol

Rokk

rofl

Actually I find Sniping very effective in CTF. Especially on Warring Factions. Snipers Heaven :D It really is effective for me at least when I'm on Warring and I'm out numbered. Lets say 4 v 1 like a few nights ago. For times when I can't catch up... I'm happy to say that I did win those games though. Darn, should have recorded them. Oh well. Also on bespin exhaust shafts, those long corridors. But yeah, people have gotten so mad at me for sniping them in CTF. Aw it was great! Of course there is the other side of defeating snipers which I don't find hard. Take today, an opponent usually sniped in a certain spot. All I had to do was saber, kick, throw, rocket.... well the list goes on. It "seemed" that I was just attacking him. Which wasn't the case at all but he made it seem that way. Man did he get mad. "Stop Whoring" "Leave Me Alone" "OM*G WT*" Good Times! :cool:

Originally posted by Rokk

Oh man! This is the most amusing post I've read in a long time. :D

To Rokk: You are kidding right? Because you sound like the sterotypical sniper complainer!

The snipers (good) are excellent at what we do. If you say sniping takes little skill, what are you sniping, stationary targets?? By saying it takes the least skill, you're saying you can do those things in Nutritious's and Jeff's vids easily? I'd like to see you try.:p

CTF and when i am running the Flag and you see all them Snipers sitting on the ledge ping ping ping and you see the little laser beam fly past you as your strif jumping down the platform... had up to 4 or 5 Snipers trying it once... but all it takes is one Good sniper and it can stop as lot of Caps Loki is a pain in the arse when sniping. (shame he lames with Rockets :mad: )

Archived