Home

My Online Portfolio

TheJackal

Hey,

I told a few people on this forum that as soon I as find the time to update my portfolio web site that I'd post it on these forums.

Well here it is:

http://www.slowriot.ca/sjacques/

NOTE: only the photography section has content right now. I wont upload the rest because I need to fix a little navigation issue a friend just pointed out. (the scrolling through pictures/work in my portfolio. The method wasn't obvious enough apparently (the = and + signs thing) so I might try to figure something out or just simply go with a numeration count (1,2,3,4,etc)

OTHER then that little detail. What do you guys thinl? Its still underwork. But I want to hear the opinions of others before I continue with this project (I dont want to finish it only to scrap it later on). The more the feedback (negative or positive) the happier I will be.

Thanks in advance,

- Jackal

Oh my god:eek:It's so lovely to look at I wanna cry. Very, very professional looking, Jackal, it's mightily impressive. The photography you've done is great, and the layout/design of the site is very very nice. There's not a bad word I can say, just that it'll be better once you get some more info on there. Amazing stuff man, though I wouldn't expect any less from you;):thumbsup:

Originally posted by Darklighter

Oh my god:eek:It's so lovely to look at I wanna cry. Very, very professional looking, Jackal, it's mightily impressive. The photography you've done is great, and the layout/design of the site is very very nice. There's not a bad word I can say, just that it'll be better once you get some more info on there. Amazing stuff man, though I wouldn't expect any less from you;):thumbsup:

mm. Great Job indeed. ;)

Wow Jackal, you know im a big fan of your work, and the photographs are amazing, i want to use those grass blades as a desktop background but can save it, maybe if you added a download image feature but on those you had like your sig on it so no one would steal. Anyways it's great you got your site up finally, awsome job. I never liked sites that pop up because they interfere with my pop up stopper. great job man, i wanna see your prints, so get em up soon ;).

you can't open up the web page/pop up?

also. i had a complaint about the navigation. When you first saw the site right away, did you know what to click right away?

when i designed it I thought since they are the only items with colour they'd pop out.

As for the download thing, yeah I'm gonna add that eventually. As soon as I get a better scanner (so I can get a good high resolution image) and once I fix up some other coding issues.

As for the prints. I'm collecting some of the stuff I did over there years and sorting through which one I'd like to show on my web site.

BTW. I've made a bunch of wallpapers a long time ago. A few of which I would like to post on my web site. Under which category should I place it? Should I create a new category? (like a download section)

oh, i could access the page easily and saw everything, the navigation was obvious to me, click on the tab, then click on the = to go to the next pic, easier to use then most sites, but maybe you should check out this guys site here i like his art, alot. but his page is confuseing because when you wanna go somewhere all the buttons are stuck togather and somethimes i dont know where ill end up. in other words i think your navigation is great and simple. I also think a new section called downloads would be awsome.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to notify my portfolio has been updated once again, as promised.

I've gotten a new, better, bigger, more expansive scanner so I re-scanned all my old pictures and scanned some new ones that I took recently.

Only the photography section has been updated thought. The idendity (logos), prints and web section is still under works. (in other words I'm still sorting my stuff to decided which one I want to post)

tell me what you guys think of the new photos.

Archived