Home

3PO... the Jar Jar of Ep. II

pbguy1211

First of all... how can he recognize Anakin and Padme 10 years later but has no idea who Obi Wan is come Ep. IV? I realize he doesn't have that much contact with him but come on.

And what's with the HORRIBLE puns? Not only were they bad they were at the worst times. Who thought they were actually funny? Don't take up comedy guys...

And finally, why does he say R2 is always getting into trouble when they've barely known each other?

Okay, I'm done... for now ;)

First of all... how can he recognize Anakin and Padme 10 years later but has no idea who Obi Wan is come Ep. IV? I realize he doesn't have that much contact with him but come on.

Threepio's memory has been modified between Episode III and IV, otherwise you'd think he'd remember Lukes homestead on tatooine from Episode II. But ye he did suck in Episode II, I didn't find it funny at all...

I guess I'm the only one who found the jokes funny then. When C3PO said "oh, you idiot", it made my day. The prequels are lacking in comic relief and without the odd pun from C3PO, there would be no humour at all. "What a drag".

well, if they were spaced out they could have worked. but they were all forced and at the wrong time... in the middle of the arena fight!!! the WORSE possible time! comedic timing isn't an easy thing and shouldnt be used by the people who arent good at it.

now if their memories are zapped, how is 3po fluent in his millions of languages?

r2 obviously knows/vaguely remembers obi wan and where to find him...

Originally posted by OmegaNothing

Obi wan may have wiped the droids memory so the imperials couldn't get information out of them in the future about the whereabouts of him or/and Yoda, or information about Luke....

That's more like it...

As for C3PO...i founded him as interesting as in the "classic" trilogy...:)

(the decapitation thing in the arena had me a little disturb but it's some decent ones when you think it....."DIE Jedi's DIE...........WHAT AM I SAYING?" :D )

Jedi_Monk knows all. In time, you will learn this. ;)

Way to heap on the pressure, Lexx ;)

3PO in ANH - whines and b*tches through the whole movie. Gets tangled up in Falcon's wiring, "Help, I think I'm melting!"

3PO in ESB - Gets blown to bits. "I'm backwards!" In the moment of high drama, with Han about to be frozen in Carbonite: "Turn around, Chewbacca! I can't see!"

3PO in RotJ - Becomes GOD OF THE EWOKS!

This is a character to be taken seriously? ;)

Originally posted by Redwing

Oh come on. Why can't he be God of the Ewoks?

:D

One very interesting thingy. Lucas with just a line thrown away films like Matrxi and Terminator..

"I am programmed not to play god" (or something like that)

Simple as that. Put some of these programming into the robots and they will never go on a revolution against humans...

(or does lucas say that the Galaxy has passed throught a war with the machines???) :D

Archived